FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 04-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #46
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagney
You're welcome.

See, yanno, our TAX dollars bought that organic, premium tobacco cigarette.

Which, as I see it, is the actual reason people are annoyed. I know it simply cheeses my goat. I bust my ass and earn what I have, and frankly...if you ask me, if you can spend THIS much time here, you're more than capable of earning a respectable living. But well, I won't 'stress you out ' over that.

So here's my solution to your tax dollar (well, actually, they're my tax dollars) wasting nasty habit: Why don't I just send you the money directly, we can bypass the government you love to slam but can't live without, and you can light it, and there's no nasty second hand smoke to deal with?

Sounds like a plan to me.

And before you go saying that I have no room to talk because I don't live in Colorado, ALL state welfare programs have federal funding contributed to them.

And last I checked, Uncle Sam took a hefty chunk of my paycheck.
It is interesting this attitude that people on govt assistance should be humble, eat beans and walk to the grocery store.

My thinking is that society deals out money to people in different ways: jobs, govt assistance, retirement plans, etc. If society deems it legitimate to deal money to someone, it's their business what they do with it. If someone on disability payments wants to buy cigarettes, it's none of my business.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #47
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
There's no such thing as CO dependency. Carbon monoxide is merely a poison. Your body would prefer to have none of it. There's no rehab issue here, get this rehab issue out of it.
I'm sorry, I thought you meant cocaine poisioning. So, the Rehab Program issue may not apply in this individual case. I have a foggy brain and poor memory.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #48
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Steady
It is interesting this attitude that people on govt assistance should be humble, eat beans and walk to the grocery store.

My thinking is that society deals out money to people in different ways: jobs, govt assistance, retirement plans, etc. If society deems it legitimate to deal money to someone, it's their business what they do with it. If someone on disability payments wants to buy cigarettes, it's none of my business.
It becomes our business when said person constantly bitches about not having enough money - but yet has enough money to light on fire and inhale. But that's just my opinion.

I don't recall ever saying that anyone should 'be humble, eat beans, and walk to the grocery store'.

A little wasabi would help make the words you're putting in my mouth taste a little better.

Just sayin`.

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #49
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Briefly back to the pot issue:

... cannabinoids are, in fact, neuroprotective, particularly against alcohol-induced brain damage...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/armentano...entano-p10.htm
Old 04-28-2006, 04:00 PM   #50
Dagney

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Sweetheart, your tax dollars don't pay for my cigarettes. I've been on SSDI NOT welfare. SSDI is for former disabled workers. I worked for over 30 years and paid the same hefty taxes you do. In addition, I am moving off SSDI thanks to help from Voc Rehab and the Ticket to Work Program. I am now working and earning money, doing some small writing gigs on the net. I notice any number of people who apparently have office jobs who post here as much or even more than I do.

Why don't I send you some money out of my next paycheck, to shut your yap? How's that?
1. Ain't your sweetheart. So please, don't waste your breath.

2. Vacation Time. I don't post while I'm working - I tend to be BUSY while at the office.

3. Boy you get awfully defensive.

Old 04-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #51
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagney
3. Boy you get awfully defensive.
What the hell do you expect when you flame someone? Especially with the misinformation that was purposely used by others. When LJ said she was on welfare, it wasn't sloppy, but vengeful.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:18 PM   #52
marichiko

I'm going to let you folks just carry on without me. I don't have the time for this petty bull shit. Small people are always frantically searching for someone to look down on. LJ's crap doesn't surprise me in the least. He's been a shit stirrer as long as I've been on this board. I'm disappointed in UT, though. I always respected UT despite our differences. Dagney, you don't even know what you're talking about. I suggest you stop putting your foot in your mouth. Even wasabi won't help the flavor of that. And speaking of defensive....

Now, I really am going to go pack.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #53
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Steady
What the hell do you expect when you flame someone? Especially with the misinformation that was purposely used by others. When LJ said she was on welfare, it wasn't sloppy, but vengeful.
No, it wasn't vengeful, but ignorant. LJ doesn't know the difference between all the different public assistance programs.
Multichiko is a professional victim (shame it doesn't pay more, but then, that's a bit of a paradox isn't it...) who gets a paycheck from the state - does it really matter which agency? Paying into a program doesn't make it ok to scam money out of it later on down the line. She can remember enough bullshit to fill thread after thread here, but can't remember how to get a job, poor thing. It's all pretty darn convenient...
Old 04-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #54
Dagney

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
I'm going to let you folks just carry on without me. I don't have the time for this petty bull shit. Small people are always frantically searching for someone to look down on. LJ's crap doesn't surprise me in the least. He's been a shit stirrer as long as I've been on this board. I'm disappointed in UT, though. I always respected UT despite our differences. Dagney, you don't even know what you're talking about. I suggest you stop putting your foot in your mouth. Even wasabi won't help the flavor of that. And speaking of defensive....

Now, I really am going to go pack.

Ohhh you have to go back 2 years to find evidence of my being defensive? About something you really have no idea about?

This is supposed to impress me?

Psst. It doesn't.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #55
Dagney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx
No, it wasn't vengeful, but ignorant. LJ doesn't know the difference between all the different public assistance programs.
Multichiko is a professional victim (shame it doesn't pay more, but then, that's a bit of a paradox isn't it...) who gets a paycheck from the state - does it really matter which agency? Paying into a program doesn't make it ok to scam money out of it later on down the line. She can remember enough bullshit to fill thread after thread here, but can't remember how to get a job, poor thing. It's all pretty darn convenient...

Thank you.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #56
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
You make these judgements on partial information half of which is wrong.

People with nuerological damage or other conditions can function perfectly well in some areas and totally poor in others. For example, someone with Non-Verbal Learning disorder can write words very well but can get spatially disoriented, slow to process pictures, and can mix up faces of people.

So, perhaps (speculating) Mari can only get an at-home writing job at this point. Who knows? We didn't review her doctor's recommendations.

Actually, it seems kind of sick to bash someone who almost died of carbon monoxide poisioning from a faulty home furnace.

Anyone that doesn't have a CO detector at home should invest in one.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #57
Cheyenne
Operations Operative

I think bashing someone is childish. This is the kind of crap that went on at AG. but I guarantee you one thing....the owner NEVER participated let alone start such nonsense.

Live and let fucking live for fuck sake!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #58
jinx
Come on, cat.

Dag, thanks. Pretty rude of Mari to dig up what was obviously a very difficult time in your life to make a very weak point/slam. Where's the compassion???

RS - you accept what Mari tells you as the truth, I do not. Thus, the difference in our opinions. Maybe if you read more than a thread or 2 here and there (as you told the AG'ers several times) you'd have a different opinion - maybe not, doesn't matter to me either way.

CO detectors do not replace the need to have your fuel-burning appliances serviced, by professionals, especially when you know they are faulty. And Mari claims she had one... but thanks for the PSA.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:41 PM   #59
Cheyenne
Operations Operative

rude of mari????

she is the one being slagged of here. if people want to slag her off they best expect to have it turned around on them. I sure as hell would not sit still and have folks shit on me without throwing a log or two back.

gawd. grow the fuck up people! until you walk in anothers shoes, keep the rocks under hatch in that glass house in which most live.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #60
Dagney

Quote:
Dag, thanks. Pretty rude of Mari to dig up what was obviously a very difficult time in your life to make a very weak point/slam. Where's the compassion??? .
I didn't consider it rude.

I considered the source.

And then I painted my toenails. Really, it bugs me THAT much. Besides, if she actually READ that thread, (which I did, because I didn't remember exactly what it was that I had a beef with LJ about at the time), one would notice that it disintegrated into a diatribe on PMS.

So, whatever point she was attempting to make, was very very lost.