The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-13-2017, 06:13 AM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

What did you do with your extra hour of darkness?

I took a walk in my extra hour of dark. It was nice but seriously when are we going to end this nonsense.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:20 AM   #2
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

In the UK, we have almost another two weeks (26th March) to wait.

As you say, when are we going to end this nonsense?
Old 03-13-2017, 08:21 AM   #3
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

what extra hour are you speaking of?

my clocks sprang forward, reducing the number of hours of darkness.

unless I was sleeping and so I missed it.

in which case, that's my answer.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
glatt

I wasn't sleeping during that extra hour of darkness.

I was lying in bed awake fuming about something. I hate that.

So I'm checking in on my dead cousin's house every few days. It's vacant and under contract. It won't be my problem in a couple weeks.

But a couple of low life scum of the earth types kicked the back door in. Totally looked everywhere for valuables. really took their time trashing everything. Even pulled the smoke detector apart to look in there.

Neighbors saw a couple of guys with a van in the driveway loading it up with stuff. Got a couple dressers, a few book cases, a single bed. And some low value nick nacks.

I was gonna just leave all that shit in there and let the house buyer deal with it. It wasn't worth the expense of renting a truck to take it to someplace to sell. So it's not the financial part of it. I just feel violated.

I couldn't lock the back door any more, so I nailed a couple boards to the floor, jammed up flush against the back door so that door won't open now.

I debated calling the cops and decided to do it.

They were polite but didn't seem to care much. Vacant house, nothing of great value stolen. I didn't even ask them to fill out a police report. They said they would patrol by there a little more frequently.

So anyway, yeah, I was tossing and turning a bit last night. And just like the rest of the country, I was running a bit late for work this morning.

I do really enjoy the light in the afternoon though. More important than the time change is where in a time zone you are located. Best is to be located somewhere where the sun is at the zenith at noon. It's crazy that Maine and the upper peninsula of Michigan are both in the same time zone. Grifftopia is fortunate that it is centered almost perfectly in the middle of the Eastern time zone where noon is really noon. The cellar is actually very close to the center.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #5
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Im reading so much negativity about daylight savings time and this attitude really confuses me. I absolutely LOVE getting more daylight in the evening hours. I could care less about losing it in the morning, because in a month or two it wont matter.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by Pico and ME; 03-13-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:02 AM   #6
Snakeadelic
Banned

I enjoyed an extra hour not having to see the tree in front of my house covered in nasty, ugly, disease-carrying, garbage-eating, native-bird-killing (many unladylike words go here) STARLINGS. I'm in the US, where they're an invasive species--they are the reason Western Bluebirds do not nest in town any more; those that did were killed for their nest sites by starlings and the equally invasive Eurasian House Sparrow. The native robins and Cedar Waxwings have found the tree; I'm hoping the waxwings come back and strip the other half of it soon. The robins prefer the fallen berries.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote