The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-20-2007, 11:30 PM   #16
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck_duck View Post
I just heard on the news that a court temporarly suspended his visitation rights.
Good job. Hopefully he can't call her.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:38 PM   #17
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Mothers have to many rights.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #18
rkzenrage

They have the same number of rights as fathers.
What are you talking about?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #19
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Nope, never spoken to a kid like that, mine or anyone's, never. He did not only call her a name... it went far beyond that.
Yep... throwin' the stone.
He should not be around her until he gets serious help.
It is not about the words, it is about context, tone, what he was doing, why and how.
I don't care about "bad words".
Scumbag.

Big difference between saying "don't be a pig" and what he said and how.
Maybe. Do you know the girl? Do you have an 11/12yo girl? Neither do I. But I know a few 11/12 yo girls. I don't like what I am hearing from this guy, but I don't think it merits crucifiction. No denying he's an asshole, but no proof he ain't being provoked.

This clip was leaked to the press. Does the leak benefit the daugher? Or the Mom? That should give an idea of the possible provoction level.

My mum use to prevent me answering calls from my dad. Most of the time she let the phone ring. Sometimes she picked up and told him I didn't want to talk to him. She told me I didn't want to talk to him because he was abusive and would try to turn me against her. (He's an utter pillock, but was never abusive -it took me a long time to work this out) She was my mom. I believed her. My dad got angry. He shouted. He got pissed off with me and my sister because he was told that we didn't want to talk to him. We then hated him because we didnt know what our mom had told him, but we knew he made her mad and because he might be "abusive" if we went to visit him.

Get the picture?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #20
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
They have the same number of rights as fathers.
What are you talking about?
No, they have more. Lots more. Talk to any divorced father and you will have a PhD in mother's rights in about five minutes.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #21
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Maybe. Do you know the girl? Do you have an 11/12yo girl? Neither do I. But I know a few 11/12 yo girls. I don't like what I am hearing from this guy, but I don't think it merits crucifiction. No denying he's an asshole, but no proof he ain't being provoked.

This clip was leaked to the press. Does the leak benefit the daugher? Or the Mom? That should give an idea of the possible provoction level.

My mum use to prevent me answering calls from my dad. Most of the time she let the phone ring. Sometimes she picked up and told him I didn't want to talk to him. She told me I didn't want to talk to him because he was abusive and would try to turn me against her. (He's an utter pillock, but was never abusive -it took me a long time to work this out) She was my mom. I believed her. My dad got angry. He shouted. He got pissed off with me and my sister because he was told that we didn't want to talk to him. We then hated him because we didnt know what our mom had told him, but we knew he made her mad and because he might be "abusive" if we went to visit him.

Get the picture?
I have a picture, not yours... in mine it is still not ok for him to take it out on you.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:20 AM   #22
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
I have a picture, not yours... in mine it is still not ok for him to take it out on you.
Not OK, but not inhuman. One needs to make allowances for humans occasionally. They aren't perfect. Most are lucky enough not to be in the public eye when they fuck up. He wasn't.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:24 AM   #23
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I heard the full call on Glenn Beck's show this morning.

I consider it proof that some people shouldn't breed.

Chances are that the child at 12 is more mature than both of her parents.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:27 AM   #24
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Chances are that the child at 12 is more mature than both of her parents.
There is a steep price for early maturity.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:14 AM   #25
rkzenrage

Quote:
Not OK, but not inhuman. One needs to make allowances for humans occasionally. They aren't perfect. Most are lucky enough not to be in the public eye when they fuck up. He wasn't.
Sure... but that has nothing to do with the need for accountability.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #26
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Who's to say that the content of this call was an occasional human error (ie: maybe he does it all the time)? Or that it was the worst of what he subjects his daughter to? How do we know that whether or not this is 'normal' for AB? Or that the things he said were mild compared to other tirades?

We don't. So I base my opinion solely on this incident and quite simply, he was an abusive asshole.

I have an 11 yr old daughter. She's a handful, defiant and mouthy. But she would never deserve to be called a pig or ranted at.

As for releasing the tape to the media? Sorry, I think this was a good thing. Verbal abuse is mostly behind closed doors when the abuser drops the public 'act'. People who are not the target often don't believe the charming, personable, friendly people would actually say such nasty things. I often wished I had a tape of my exhusband calling my 9yr old son a useless, worthless, piece of shit m*therf*cker. Maybe just to remind ME later that it was really as bad as it seemed at the time.

I've never understood why some people treat the ones they 'love' much, much worse than they treat colleagues and strangers. Blows my mind. And I see no reason to help them maintain their facade.

Stormie
Old 04-22-2007, 06:51 AM   #27
TheMercenary

Quote:
Hmmmm.

By what standards are you judging this guy? Do you know what the language norms are in the family? Do you know the history behind the scheduled calls? Do you know her? Do you know him? Yup, he lost his temper. This happens. It isn't good , but it happens. Who's truly ready to cast the first stone? Should he be better than everyone else because he's in the public eye? Should we really be entitled to view his personal fuck-ups because he's in the public eye?

No doubt, it's not a good father-daughter moment -has nobody else had one of these? I'm hot-headed -I've had plenty of mad moments with my kids. Beest (hubby) is as placid, easy-going and nice as you could ever want a person to be ....but he's had his fair share of rows with the sprogs too. But we're lucky, we aren't famous.

I've called my daughter far worse things than a pig. So has Beest. None have been inappropriate. But then we don't go the "bad words" route. Meaning and intent are what we care about. Yup, we're weird. If our kids are being bitchy, we tell 'em so. Pig would be pretty mild.
Spoken like a parent with experience. When all the "arm chair" parents get a chance to step into the arena they will never have clue...
Old 04-22-2007, 06:56 AM   #28
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I've been a parent for nearly 11yrs now and I have never spoken to my kids with such malice. It's fairly obvious he was pissed off with his daughter, but geez, she's just a kid for christs sake. You just don't put shit like that on your kids. It's not that he called her a pig multiple times. It's that he would leave a message on her phone saying it. If I was that mad at my kids I'd never say something like that on a message. I'd want to be standing in front of them and explaining exactly what it is I was angry about. Not just resorting to pathetic namecalling because I'd lost my cool.

It's just not good form.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:05 AM   #29
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs View Post
He is a scumbag and so is Kim Bassinger. How embarrassing for the kid that her Mom released the tape.
I agree, she is the scumbag for putting this out in public.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:54 PM   #30
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

The daughter released the phone message. I will lay money on it. Just you wait and see.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote