The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #46
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Turtling happens on the other end.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #47
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Thankful I've no idea what any of you are talking about.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #48
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My mouth. No British teeth jokes please, I think I have an absess. No amount of brushing , flossing or mouth wash seems to help.

And my flat. More than it should I think. All I can smell is raw potato. Last time that happened I passed out . Sober.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #49
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I didn't know raw potatoes had an odor.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #50
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I've never worked in Army Catering.
I've never even pretended to (except that one time at band camp...) but anyone who's even made a Christmas dinner will tell you they definitely have an odour.

Raw potatoes, not my teeth (usually).
Old 12-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #51
monster
I hear them call the tide

The oppo hockey tem tonight. Probably not any worse than our guys (although they were huge) but their penalty box -which was heavily frequented and for long periods- was on the upwind side of the score box. My side of the box.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:14 PM   #52
monster

The hockey jersey Hector is currently wearing (belongs to the #2 goalie who is academically ineligible at the moment -3 jerseys, 4 goalies means whoever isn't dressing to play hands over their jersey...) He begged me to launder it and is usually immune to the stench.

I added a decent quantity of oxyclean.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:19 PM   #53
monster

Rediscovered this thread by accident.... but it's hot here and my office is overly-proximal to the garbage shoot at work. OMFG that smells bad We have an essential oil humidifier thing returned by a customer we are using to mask it. I fill it with essential oil of hockey player....
Old 10-13-2015, 09:22 PM   #54
monster

Thor's swim bag for Water Polo smells like old hockey gear that someone pissed on then left in a cave for a year. the water is like 50% chlorine, how is this possible?
Old 10-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #55
Griff
still says videotape

That's actually pretty disturbing.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:16 AM   #56
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My feet are clean. But I seem to have impregnated these shoes with such badness over the Summer (especially during my epic walk home from Harewood House) that they smell not just of sweaty feet, but actually vinegar.

I have no idea why. But I can smell them now. And I think I have to bin them.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:38 AM   #57
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Any chance you took those shoes with you on your visit to your parents? Because real vinegar generally kills smelly bacteria, and I can imagine your mom sneaking some in to help while you weren't looking.

You could add baking soda and make a shoe volcano...
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:32 AM   #58
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Man Cans

sounds like a great idea. I bought 4 cans to give out for christmas. Bacon, Sawdust, Gun Powder and campfire. I figured I'll light the Gun Powder one to see how it smells... I remember unrolling fire crackers to harvest the powder and make 'bombs' in empty shell casings with wax and jet x fuses....(all we ever got were spark fountains) but I remember the smell, and like it.

anyway, this thing smells like a makeup bag. not. even. close.

I hope the other ones are more accurate..... neat concept, should have asked jelly belly to do the smells.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #59
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I bought a dozen of his candles a few years ago, and was happy with them. The smells were very close to what I expected. The "gun powder" in fireworks is usually flash powder or black powder, being they're cheaper, so maybe that's why it doesn't match your memory. Does it smell different lit than unlit, or no smell unlit? The ones I got I could smell as soon as the can seal was broken, but they may have changed the process since then he was still making them in his Mom's kitchen.
I hope the others work better for you.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:13 AM   #60
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Any chance you took those shoes with you on your visit to your parents? Because real vinegar generally kills smelly bacteria, and I can imagine your mom sneaking some in to help while you weren't looking.

You could add baking soda and make a shoe volcano...
If Mum had done that, she would never have been able to resist telling me about it. But now I know, maybe I should try myself?

I can't imagine it could harm the shoes more than my corrosive feet.

I bought a pair of raaaaaather expensive Diesel trainer/ mules when I lived in London. I think it must have been back when we got bonuses. I wore them all Summer, then had to bin them in Autumn. Because they were backless I couldn't wear them with socks, and my feet just made them dissolve inside. In fact I remember I was wearing them on 11 September, and a girl on the bus was giving me dirty looks. I knew by then they were getting stinky, but all I could think was, "Terrorists are killing people out there, all you have to deal with is my trainers?!"

I think I may have binned them the next day.
My Diesel trainers died on 9/11.