The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #31
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

shit thats really funny!!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #32
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i thought this had been done!

dammit....I just don't have time right now....
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #33
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

I will glady do this for you next week.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #34
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I was going to do it yesterday but ran out of time. Can we reschedule it for Monday? Or is Tuesday better? Maybe I should call about doing first and let the proper committee take a vote. I'll be right on that tomorrow!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #35
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I think before the right committee takes a vote, the whole matter needs looking into in detail. I'd suggest we form a working group to set the initial parameters of the investigation and they can then also look into the most effective method for setting up a steering committee to guide the investigation and report its findings to the appropriate oversight committee...

Said oversight committee will then have responsibility for taking the steering committee's report out to consultation with the wider public. Given the varied routes for input I would suggest the consultation period be set at no less than 6 months.

The whole thing, including public consultation feedback can then be passed to an external agency to work up into a usable form which we can then vote on.

[eta]: no I'm not bitter and disillusioned about local government, no not me, not one jot.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #36
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I think before the right committee takes a vote, the whole matter needs looking into in detail. I'd suggest we form a working group to set the initial parameters of the investigation and they can then also look into the most effective method for setting up a steering committee to guide the investigation and report its findings to the appropriate oversight committee...

Said oversight committee will then have responsibility for taking the steering committee's report out to consultation with the wider public. Given the varied routes for input I would suggest the consultation period be set at no less than 6 months.

The whole thing, including public consultation feedback can then be passed to an external agency to work up into a usable form which we can then vote on.

[eta]: no I'm not bitter and disillusioned about local government, no not me, not one jot.
I'm not bitter about about the local government either.

So let's get together next week to go over the proper format for bringing the question about doing it, to the proper members, and think on ways to increase the efficiency of doing it. There are contractors that have done it with us in the past that should probably be consulted before we really work out the format and framework of the question and how it is to be posed to the committee. I can send them an e-mail tomorrow and see if they can advise on an appropriate meeting time, and we can go over the initial question and nail down the finer points, as well as go over the previous rfp, and what they have been contracted to do with us in the past, and amend the agreement as needed. Now I know that they have been really busy over there and might not get back to my e-mail quickly so we might have to set this out for a couple of days. Oh, and please back up all communications about doing it with the appropriate time stamp as we need to go over the policies and procedures for this project, and it needs to be reviewed by all parties. The files should all be marked by date of correspondance and they need to be faxed to someone on the state level. If you have any questions about how to proceed, please leave it in my voicemail as I will be out of town and need to streamline all communications in that box for now.

Thank you for your continued action on these items, as we all know that this is time-sensitive. We can go over that with everyone later this week.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #37
classicman

I'm on vacation later - How bout next week or better yet the one after. We should have most of the info by then and can look into moving forward with this at that point - ok?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #38
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

... er ...
Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #39
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ on November 30, 2007
The procrastination thread
Damn, you beat me to it.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #40
classicman

I was gonna make one too, but...
Old 03-26-2009, 08:57 PM   #41
monster
I hear them call the tide

I've almost finished it, I just had to put the last few things on hold to finish this other thing, then i'll get it right to you

Last edited by monster; 03-26-2009 at 09:06 PM.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #42
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Um, today's not a good day.

Tommorrow's not looking too good, either.

How about I call you when I get a chance?

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:47 AM   #43
DanaC

Tell you what Crimson, leave it til after the weekend, give us a bell and we can work something out then?
Old 03-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #44
Scriveyn
amnesic-confabulatory opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post

Does the feasibility study come before or after that?
Scriveyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:21 AM   #45
DanaC

Scriveyn, you're right. We didn't set up a feasibility study. That was woefully remiss. I think we should launch an internal enquiry to ascertain lines of responsibility and find out exactly who dropped the ball.