The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 04-11-2015, 12:24 PM   #511
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It appears Corbin, which is famous for motorcycle seats, has a whole line of couches, recliners and bar stools.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2015, 04:58 PM   #512
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I priced a Corbin seat waaay back for a Suzuki I had.

I almost shit. They're a tad pricey, I'm afraid to see what a couch from them costs.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #513
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I'm afraid to see what a couch from them costs.
$$$God damn.$$$

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:14 PM   #514
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

1930 repro Bentley.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2015, 08:30 AM   #515
glatt

I don't care so much for the chopped top look, I prefer the more regal upright original, but the rest looks great.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #516
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  bluetrain.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  19.9 KB

May not have sold. I may not know how to look it up. It's listed in the lots for auction, but, isn't listed in the results of that auction.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #517
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Badass Bike...
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2015, 03:25 PM   #518
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Russ Collins built several wild-ass bikes. Most of them multi-engined.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:58 AM   #519
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  beer-can-car.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  78.0 KB

Old 05-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #520
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Nice Motor Device

1976 Mercedes-Benz Unimog 406 Doppelkabine UTE

Quote:
Yes, this lovely little thing makes it two Mercedes-Benz in a row to be featured here, but I'm sure you'd agree that our latest features couldn't be less alike. There will be no talk here of luxury, speed records, or in fact any performance figures at all - the Unimog is simply a wonderful little automotive character that deserved a spot on these pages. Strange name, "Unimog". Well, it's actually an acronym of "Universal Motor Gerat" (Gerat being German for machine or device) which goes a long way to explaining the purpose of the vehicle. The Unimog was a range of cars that was simply built to give people a vehicle that could "get things done".

Mercedes-Benz started designed the Unimog shortly after World War II, and had it penned to be an all-around agricultural workhorse. Note the fitting for the power take-off or "PTO" on the front of the car. This fitment was essentially a sort of drive shaft (driven by energy directly from the engine) that could be connected to any number of separate machinery for use in the field. This was the key to these cars - they were basically designed to be a self-propelled power source for various tools that were to be used in a variety of locations. Think tools for harvesting crops, saws for clearing out scrub from forest trails, hardware for plowing snow, winches for hauling other drivers out of ditches - you get the idea. This may be an odd analogy but I would liken it to a kitchen mixer, where you attach various different tools to the main drive shaft for different applications.

It didn't end there of course, as people imagined all sorts of ways to use these terrific utility vehicles (my Australian upbringing is showing through in the title, apologies if that's a new term for people but that's what "ute" stands for). Around 30 nations have chosen the Unimog for use as part of their armed forces, and countless towns use them in Europe for municipal duty (fire departments, remote maintenance vehicles, and emergency rescue). Not to forget the aforementioned trick of essentially being a portable generator for many other useful machinery in the field.

Not only is this particular one absolutely cherry, the whole idea of the layout, the brute functionality, the combination of useable space and the lack of unnecessary overhangs appeals strongly to me. There's one similar in my neighborhood, it's not the short bed, four door unit, more like a pickup style with a canvas cover over the bed. It's very cool looking. It looks so functional, so useable. And it looks like I'd fit inside as well! at least I'd like to try. Want.
Name:  unimog 406.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  154.3 KB
Old 05-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #521
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

So an acquaintance takes him truck to Meineke #2504 in Temple Texas to have a catalytic converter replaced.

When he gets it back he can hear an exhaust leak, so he tells his son to take the truck back to Meineke #2504 in Temple Texas.
Meineke #2504 in Temple Texas tell him there's nothing wrong.
He sends his son back to Meineke #2504 in Temple Texas a second time, insisting he can hear a leak.
Again Meineke #2504 in Temple Texas swears there is no leak.

Fed up with Meineke #2504 in Temple Texas, he takes it to a second shop that is not Meineke #2504 in Temple Texas. They put it on the lift and show him this work done by Meineke #2504 in Temple Texas.

Even with all this unnecessary butchery, they still didn't weld the new cat all the way around so it does leak.
The response from Meineke #2504 in Temple Texas so far is, that guy doesn't work here anymore.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #522
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

fucking ouch.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #523
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

With a real HEMI, you get a sticker.
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2015, 02:30 PM   #524
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Anybody have a clue what kinda glass-roofed, double-sliding-side-door, stubby-assed teensy van this thing is?

Name:  backstrom car.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  72.0 KB

Screenshot from "Backstrom", btw.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #525
glatt

I saw that episode too! Or part of it. That scene anyway. What a freaky looking "van" that thing is.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote