The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 12-21-2018, 11:01 PM   #61
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Theresa 'Elaine' May tried to spin eggs today. She could not even do that. Was there ever a Prime Minister less competent?

Maybe she should stick to stand-up?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #62
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Abbot and Costello, Martin and Lewis, Desi and Lucy, watch out. Here comes Theresa May and tw (her funnyman as only he could be) in the new comedy team T'N'T.

They'll be Dyn-o-mite!
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:59 PM   #63
tw

The audience is never part of the act. Theresa May and Boris Johnson. Britain's favorite comedy team. With a cast of a million - brainwashed Brits. Please try to keep up with the program.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:24 AM   #64
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

We must look pretty silly this side of the pond trying to work out what will happen.

But from here, it appears that, right now, that the UK will be saving, and the EU losing, no less than £39,000,000,000 from no-deal Brexit?

That's a tonne of filthy lucre.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #65
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

With that kind of money we could forget the wall and dig a Mexican Channel.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #66
Rhianne
Nearly done.

I can't imagine a set of circumstances where the UK won't pay the 39 Billion.
Rhianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:20 PM   #67
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Rhianne, don't forget to account for stupid politicians.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #68
Rhianne
Nearly done.

Yes, and to be fair we do have an awful lot of stupid politicians, but remember that the £39 billion isn't some kind of fee for leaving the EU, instead a fulfillment of signed-for agreements already made. Tory MPs can (and will) posture all they want but lawyers and courts don't often take politicians stupidity into account.
Rhianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:43 PM   #69
tw

May is playing possum politics. Do nothing to get something. She is playing cards without even closest advisers knowing what she is holding and what her strategy is. But we can easily speculate. By doing nothing (and because so many other British politicians in all parties are not acting as leaders), then she hopes her plan remains the only plan.

She is counting on nobody standing up for Britain and calling for a new referendum. Based upon inaction by all parties (except the SNP) due to so much dissention, then Britain is stuck with May's bad deal.

Any pound that went to the EU resulted in massively more assets in return. Do to how spread sheets measure, a massive value from being in the EU cannot be measured. That value will be lost starting with and not limited to job losses.

Brexit makes no sense. But Britain has a serious shortage of leadership. So a decision is only being made by emotions - resulting in inaction.

Apparently that is how PM May is playing it. Which explains so much silence about a looming tidal wave called Brexit. Things get quiet just before that wave strikes.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:49 PM   #70
sexobon

Well, don't expect yellow vests to start showing up in the UK. Remember, they couldn't even deal with a yellow bikini.

Name:  Heavenly body.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  60.1 KB
Old 01-15-2019, 03:11 PM   #71
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:47 PM   #72
sexobon

Looks like you're going to quit the EU cold turkey.

If you experience symptoms of withdrawal; remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

That or it leaves you a cripple. But then you'd be able to use handicap parking. See, every cloud has a silver lining.

Wear a yellow bikini and protest in the streets. Post a selfie here.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:48 PM   #73
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

At this point, I think that cancelling brexit is more likely.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:03 PM   #74
sexobon

If the yellow bikini protests are successful.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:26 PM   #75
tw

An obviously incompetent Prime Minister was expected to lose a Brexit vote. Nobody expected how dumb those Brexit supporters are. Parliament voted over 2 to 1 against a Brexit deal. Even British citizens, who voted for Brexit, should apologize for being so easily brainwashed by British wacko extremists. A vote against Brexit was widespread across almost all British political parties. Because a majority saw Brexit as a scam.

Notice those (ie Boris Johnson) who most advocated for destruction to the British economy have disappeared - have become scarce.

May would have been smarter to rename herself Elaine and then write comedies. Instead she decided to align herself with Britain's least educated citizens who even promote hate of immigrants. This resulting conclusion was one sided obvious and stated here so many times for how long? Because the stupidity called Brexit was always that obvious.

That vote was suppose to happen on 11 Dec. May delayed it so as to make more deals. Instead, opposition to Brexit increased in all parties. Even many in May's own Conservative party voted against Brexit. Brexit was always that stupid.

Many options exist. But three viable ones are May resigns, Britian hold an emergency referendum on Brexit, or Britain suffer the worst possible penalties by going through with Brexit and suffering major job losses.

Amazing how the people to suffer most from Brexit - the Midlanders - so wanted this. To paraphrase another, "Of course she's a lyin' motherfucker, I didn't hire her to be honest, I hired her to wreck shit."

Wacko extremism is not limited to America.