The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #8296
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I would so enforce her bedtime...
Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #8297
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Hold it, that should have been posted anonymous. I didn't really say that; I was just thinking it.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #8298
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

The biggest problem is this new phone. I can lay in bed, and watch shit on Netflix right here in my hands. I get all ready for bed, and then I see my tempting little phone sitting on the nightstand, and I think, "Man, that show is so funny..." and I'm a goner. Like I said, I'm acting like a child and I know it. So far my solution has been to find ways to speed up the morning process so I can sleep later. Which does technically count as getting more sleep.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #8299
glatt

Charge the phone on the kitchen counter overnight.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #8300
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sure, that's what an adult would say. I did resist temptation last night, you'll all be so proud and interested to know. But in unrelated events (also belonging in the upsetting you thread, actually,) we've figured out our bus driver and monitor this year completely suck, and are shouting at the kids all the time. Minifob's off the afternoon bus for good as of today, since there's an older, more aggressive kid at that time who guarantees problems, but I'm close to pulling them both off the morning bus too, since that would give me another 25 minutes in the morning. Though it would mean I'd have to put on real pants.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #8301
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

House dress and slippers are time-honored, traditional apparel for dropping off the kids at school
Old 09-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #8302
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

And hair rollers.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #8303
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Diz has some sort of paw/ claw infection.
We've been treating it with salt water since the weekend, but he's seriously limping now.
This probably means his second trip to the vet in as many months. I am still paying the 'rents back for his cat flu.

Looks like the Glasgow GTG won't happen this year for me.
Which will hurt. Badly.
But my boy has to come first.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #8304
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Awww, poor Diz! I hadn't seen this til now. How's he doing? Did he have to go to the vets?

I came in here to have a moan.

I'm ever so slightly upset to be on the treatment trail with Carrot so soon. Doesn't seem five minutes since I was back and forth for this and that therapy, this and that scan, with Pilau.

Poor Carrotchops. He's so young and we're already talking about trying to push back the arthritis to later in his life and hoping to avoid hip surgery.

He had his second tip to the animal rehab centre today. Second go on the underwater treadmill too. Which is kind of cool. Carrot likes it, and seems to have got to grips with what is expected of him really quickly. We're not in the pool yet. Don't know if that will come into it at some point.

At present the goal is to try and correct his walking. He needs to learn how to walk properly. He's pushing his back feet too far forward, under his belly as he walks, and that means he is unstable, is creating additional impact within the joint, and isn't developing normal muscle tone around his hips and bum. Instead he's taking the strain of movement on his back and abdominal muscles.

The sensitiviy I I'd detected around his back end is not a sign that his hips are painful, but his back is. He's almost certainly been dealing with low level pain for quite a while. My poor little boy. To try and avoid introducing him to painkillers so young, we're going to try acupuncture. It seemed to help Pilau quite a lot with his bad back, just loosens it all up a bit. Hopefully that will help.

We have exercises to do for homework and he'll be going to the rehab centre twice a week for the next few weeks then dropping to once a week, then hopefully once a month.

For the next few weeks whilst he's building up those muscles and relearning how to walk, he's only allowed lead walks, no free running. And no careening around the field with other dogs, wheeling and dodging and changing direction suddenly...and being bowled over or pinned down at the back by bigger dogs.

I also have to train him not to go up onto his back legs. Which is a bit of a bitch, frankly. Carrot is typical of his breed and one thing most beardie owners will tell you is that their dogs spend half their time up on two legs!

Ach damn. Here I am again on the worry-go-round.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #8305
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

So sorry to see two tales of woe about Cellar pets. Sending healing vibes!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #8306
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Make that three.

Pearl has been suffering cardiac arrhythmia events. She lies down and loses consciousness, because her heart beats irregularly. She is down and out for about a minute, breathing hard, and then takes five or ten minutes to recover.

This is a well-known thing in dogs, and she may survive because she has been given a new round of medications, but she has lost it at least once every day for the last four days.

It is her last innings for sure, and it is terrible. I mourn her every time, even though I know it will not make the final mourning any less painful.

This is the girl who has stayed with me as the others have left.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #8307
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Aww damn !!!
Cellar pets Get Betterer !!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #8308
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

So sorry, it's so sad to know fur friends are suffering ... wishing everyone the best. Hoping things turn out for the best.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #8309
glatt

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #8310
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

and for all our cellar pets.

Oh, and a too.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss