The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #9031
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I'm getting to where I don't want to watch the news or read the papers. The constant, never-ending assault on the poorest and most vulnerable members of our society is depressing. False economy initiatives. Cruelty for the purpose of an ideological redrawing of the nation. Got halfway through reading an article about the changes in care provision for people with disabilities and had to stop reading. It just makes me want to smash shit up and that isn't a nice feeling.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #9032
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Dana, you've got to stop reading news the about our Republican Party.
Stick to G.B., or Canada, or Greece, or Samoli, or the Vatican, or ...
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #9033
DanaC

Wasn't talking about your republican party. This is what is happening over here.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #9034
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I think that's pretty much covered by the 'what's mildly irritating you today' thread.
Yeah. But Nirvana's news made me rethink this thread. Sometimes it's What's Upsetting Me and Will Upset You Too.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #9035
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Wasn't talking about your republican party. This is what is happening over here.
Yes, I know...

Next time I'll add a
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #9036
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Quote:
I'm getting to where I don't want to watch the news or read the papers. The constant, never-ending assault on the poorest and most vulnerable members of our society is depressing. False economy initiatives. Cruelty for the purpose of an ideological redrawing of the nation. Got halfway through reading an article about the changes in care provision for people with disabilities and had to stop reading. It just makes me want to smash shit up and that isn't a nice feeling.
I agree and we have almost 4 years left.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #9037
Big Sarge

I learned my little Addie is in the hospital. Her mother didn't tell me, the "new daddy" told me. I have only seen Addie twice since mid December. The first time was when I was "allowed" to give Addie her Christmas presents from me & the kids, plus Sundae. The last time was at Chik-fil-a when I completed her mother's tax returns. Yes, that's right. In order to see my daughter, I had to do her mother's taxes.

My immune system is low, but I'm going to the hospital to see my baby tomorrow. If anybody tries to stop me by God, they are going to see an old panda turn into King Kong.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #9038
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Good luck, Sarge. What ails her?
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #9039
Big Sarge

dehydration due to ????? her new daddy didn't know and her mother won't answer the phone
Old 02-28-2013, 04:26 AM   #9040
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Don't do anything that can be used against you.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:45 AM   #9041
DanaC

Ach damn, Sarge, that's a worry. Stay calm honey. And I hope your baby girl is fighting fit soon.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #9042
Griff
still says videotape

Damn Sarge, I'm sorry.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:15 AM   #9043
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I'm sorry, Sarge. What Zen said ... but also, maybe some legal advice regarding your right to see Addie (not just in the hospital)? I don't know your situation but some advice couldn't be a bad idea. If there's a law school in your town, try the Family Law clinic. The final year students will put time and research into it and they're supervised by a faculty member.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #9044
Big Sarge

in mississippi, a custody agreement violation cannot be addressed by law enforcement until the matter goes before a chancery court judge. in other words unless you can prove the child is in imminent danger, you must file a motion with the chancery clerk and wait to be put on the docket. however if i don't pay child support, all she has to do is call department of human services and they will take over and do everything for her! there are several legal precedents in mississippi where the mother knowingly and willfuly witheld visitations, yet the father was still required to pay child support.

let's face the facts, the bitch can get away with just about anything and i have to wait for my complaint to be put on a crowded court docket. for the initial custody, it only took 18+ months and cost well over $5,000 dollars. i'm screwed. i should have been castrated for ever hooking up with a girl who is 3 years younger than my son
Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #9045
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Get on the docket. Get the law students to help you, tell them how sick you are. Let them figure out if any way exists to get you bumped up the line due to medical hardship. And if there's a way to hold her accountable legally for your mental and emotional distress at her withholding visitation deliberately when you're seriously ill, let the law clinic figure it out. Or just have her penalized for breaking the custody agreement ... you could have a precedent set that would protect other fathers. The beauty of it is that law students would jump on something like that and do the work for free.

Just ideas, I'm sorry you're in this situation - but give it some thought.

Tags
swiss