The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-19-2016, 11:55 AM   #1186
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Twil's tire is flat. The vehicle is pulled aaaall the way forward, it's very close quarters. She didn't say I had to change it when I noticed it in the morning yesterday on my way to work. So, I have to do it today. Not hard or technical, just cold and wet. There might be a better less aggrieved thread, but I ain't tryin too hard to find it.'

Still that winky bottle jack I have to start on a wood block..... I miss my floor jack.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:45 PM   #1187
glatt

The bank just found $225.44 in underpaid interest from two years ago and cut me a check...for the estate I am trying to fucking close this week. Now I have to deposit the check in the morning and write two new ones and fucking FedEx them with Saturday delivery to the beneficiaries and hope they can get them deposited and cleared before the end of November. It's Thanksgiving next week.

FUCKING BANKS! How can you miss paying interest? It's all computers. Seriously. How the hell did they miscalculate that? And how did it take two years to find?

SunTrust by the way. Just so you know.

And it's not lost on me the irony that I'm pissed to be getting a check.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #1188
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
snip--

It's all computers. Seriously. How the hell did they miscalculate that? And how did it take two years to find?

--snip
GIGO

come on man. the "computers" didn't make a mistake, it was a person who misentered something and the auditors found and corrected it.

just like Community Chest. Bank error in your favor, collect $200.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:40 PM   #1189
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Our previous mortgage was owned by SunTrust for a hot minute, back in 2007 or so when our mortgage was sold to three different banks within an 18-month period. They were (and apparently still are) part of the problem.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:23 AM   #1190
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
The bank just found $225.44 in underpaid interest from two years ago and cut me a check...for the estate I am trying to fucking close this week. Now I have to deposit the check in the morning and write two new ones and fucking FedEx them with Saturday delivery to the beneficiaries and hope they can get them deposited and cleared before the end of November. It's Thanksgiving next week.

FUCKING BANKS! How can you miss paying interest? It's all computers. Seriously. How the hell did they miscalculate that? And how did it take two years to find?

SunTrust by the way. Just so you know.

And it's not lost on me the irony that I'm pissed to be getting a check.
Jerks!

Never bank with banks!
Old 11-22-2019, 07:48 AM   #1191
glatt

It's like a lot of places where they are trying to cut costs by getting rid of the older experienced people who know what they are doing, and replacing them with people who have little competency but are cheap.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:45 PM   #1192
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Sun trust is merging with BB&T. They will be called Truist.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:22 PM   #1193
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I thought that was BB&B for a second...

I thought "Bed Bath & Beyond?".

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:16 PM   #1194
Griff
still says videotape

We've had 9 or 10 scam calls claiming to be Apple today. If anyone has an eardrum piercing whistle and too much spare time you can call (208) 262-0000. Fuckers.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #1195
glatt

That number probably belongs to an innocent person whose phone number is being spoofed.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #1196
Griff
still says videotape

Actually that’s the one the scammers tell you to call immediately. I didn’t jot down the likely spoofed number. If you google the number it seems to be used repeatedly for the same scam. You’d think Apple would have some recourse even if humans don’t.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:25 PM   #1197
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Apple don't care, the more times the name is going in someone's ear the better. You heard it a bunch of times today but you know you shouldn't be pissed at apple.
If I don't know who it is I don't answer. If it's important they'll leave a message.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:40 AM   #1198
Luce
Weaponized Funk

What's scorching my groove?

The Tunguska Crater: Humans could not have made that with technology available in 1908.

The whole thing is silly, and obviously a cover up of some kind is going on.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #1199
Griff
still says videotape

If it happened today Putin would blame the West, but we are full up with conspiracy theories we don't need another.

Somebody want to calculate the odds of a modern occurrence hitting a populated area?
Old 12-02-2019, 11:30 PM   #1200
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I was reading an article about that big ass meteor that hit the Caribbean and the killed the dinosaurs, and they mentioned another pretty big meteor that hit Chesapeake Bay.

Wasn't there something about meteors never strike twice... no, wait, that's lightning.