The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-12-2004, 06:50 PM   #1
blue
Operations Operative

Foreplay, lets talk about it

Is it really necessary? What turns you on? I just tweaked my wifes toe bad when she started bugging me, I'm busy. I think she wants it.

Lets share please.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:00 PM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Just set the ashtray on her stomach, she'll know.:p
Old 03-13-2004, 06:34 PM   #3
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

I'll just say yes, it's necessary, and leave it at that.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:09 PM   #4
warch
lurkin old school

ladies love the courvosier.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:12 PM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

Give her two aspirin and a glass of water.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:49 PM   #6
Nerollss
Alphabetarian

Handing over my paycheck is the best foreplay!!
Nerollss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:04 PM   #7
staceyv
Lecturer

no need for all that crap. just say you want it and get the clothes off. foreplay's best when it's thrown in the middle.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:25 PM   #8
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

NO WAY! 4play is the best bit! there is no main without the entree, or at least a pre-dinner drink is called for.

I read in trusty cleo that men can climax within 2 minits of being aroused, whereas it taken women 6 times that amount of time! think about it guys.. it has to be fair.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:32 PM   #9
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Foreplay, schmooreplay. The best sex is spontaneous. In an elevator.

And..... It's even better with a partner.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 10:09 AM   #10
ladysycamore

Quote:
Originally posted by staceyv
no need for all that crap. just say you want it and get the clothes off. foreplay's best when it's thrown in the middle.
Then that would be "middelplay".

Anyway, when done "properly", foreplay starts WAYYY before anyone disrobes or hits the bedroom.

I'll leave you intellectual folk to figure that one out. *grins*

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
Old 03-15-2004, 10:53 AM   #11
headsplice
Relaxed

Isn't foreplay getting the other person in the mood?
Therefore, it starts when you first set eyes on them. "The Look" (hereby TM by me) gets the ball rolling in the right direction.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:21 PM   #12
ladysycamore

Quote:
Originally posted by headsplice
Isn't foreplay getting the other person in the mood?
Yup!

Quote:
Therefore, it starts when you first set eyes on them. "The Look" (hereby TM by me) gets the ball rolling in the right direction.
While I agree with "The Look"(tm), getting a person in the mood doesn't always require the other person to even be in sight. In other words, foreplay isn't just physical.

Years ago, I remember hearing a woman say that foreplay includes the anticipation of what's to come (no pun intended). She mentioned how some people respond to their partners calling them during the day (at work, at home, etc.), to "talk them up". This way, for the rest of the day, they are distracted by the thought of meeting up later on and...well you know. Or, the partner sends something to their S.O., like flowers or balloons with a sexy note (plus, you'll be the envy of everyone at the office..hehe). Then, you have to really build it up: perhaps a romantic dinner, either at home or at your favorite place. Of course, dinner at home...closer to the bedroom. Then, you can..um..incorporate dessert into the physical foreplay.

Of course, this isn't for everyone. If not, then you can always go to AskMen.com
for a man's POV on physical foreplay (I actually found it to be a bit humorous, because it was so..."manly" written).

LOL, or you could go the route of "mind control":
TeleHypnosis Pro

Old 03-15-2004, 01:38 PM   #13
godwulf
Coronation Incarnate

That askmen.com article was pretty interesting, and funny in places. Kind of like foreplay, I guess.

In talking about communication during foreplay, it mentioned asking your partner, "What are you thinking right now?" or "What would you like me to do?" How do you deal with always getting the same response, when the response is "I'm just thinking about what I can do for you", or "I want you to do whatever you like"?

I don't actually say it, of course, but what generally occurs to me at that point is, Hey, I've been telling you all of my secret fantasies and what turns me on for years, what I like, etc., and getting zero from you - it's like you either don't have any imagination when it comes to sex, or you're embarassed about having one.

She's not a prude, by any means, but when it comes to actually verbalizing her desires and intimate needs, it's like pulling teeth to get two words out of her.
godwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:12 AM   #14
noodles
Wet Nurse's Aide

All work and no play makes Tom a dull partner, be it 4, middle, or after play.

By the way, 4play doesn't necessarily mean beating around the bush, does it?
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 02:11 AM   #15
staceyv
Lecturer

getting the clothes off IS foreplay. just saying you want it can be enough to get the ball(s) rolling.
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote