The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-28-2006, 07:31 AM   #61
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I think I've indicated in earlier posts that I'm not planning on retaliation. When I first discovered the camera it was so disturbing that I wrote about it here.

Sorry for all the "drama"
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #62
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Bri don't apologize, but don't let this nut run your life. If nothing else get an old camcorder at a garage sale and point it at her house, it don't matter if it works or not. I used this on a annoying neighbor in Laguna Beach, and it works.

I have had to deal with nut jobs from time to time and they always respond in a self destructive way. all you have to do is wait, and she will do it to herself.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #63
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Latex gloves, a slingshot , and some stinkbait. Wheweee.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #64
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Train your dog to bark at the camera. Especially at night.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:49 PM   #65
NoBoxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I think I've indicated in earlier posts that I'm not planning on retaliation. When I first discovered the camera it was so disturbing that I wrote about it here.
Brianna, if you find your neighbor's actions disturbing enough to become proactive in seeking professional mediation to "bust" her behavior, this may interest you. It is a loooooooong shot that requires you to use a camcorder (own, borrow, or rent one); but, could be well worth the effort. If you are lucky enough to be selected, you will have the opportunity to diligently "tell it like it is" about your neighbor on national television! Be sure to include the web address to this thread in your online registration Message.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:44 PM   #66
lookout123
changed his status to single

i don't think any of us thought you were doing anything but venting. in the process of maintaining your sanity here, you gave some of us a lot of fun thinking of things to do that we [i]probably[i] wouldn't do IRL.

enjoy. vent. vandalize. strike the last one.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:30 PM   #67
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
I feel so violated and there is NOTHING I can do about it!!
There is always something you can do about it Bri. Many are often legal but a little strange.

Brainstorm a bit and I'm sure you can think of some things.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #68
boobird1757
Kinda New Member

Brianna

I am also a person of this legal harassment. I have a neighbor who has a camera on my entire house!! IT is SOOOOOOOO annoying and wrong!! I have seen his video..and it has my house one side to the next in it and he is video taping my children as well as myself and our neighbors. He has tried using the video against us and still nothing is wrong with it. He claims my children to be throwing rocks at his house when in reality my daughter is out in my drive eating peanuts and throwing the shells to the road..then another of my son throwing a rock up the street and giving it to the landlord stating we are doing something wrong..it took me a week to get her to see that and to dismiss the evidence he had against us..it is crazy!!!! He also used a video of my son retrieving a ball off his property claiming that it did damage to his house when in reality in the video it never even touched it. This guy is single and I find it rather strange that he would videotape my children..and apparently is trying to cause problems with it. I am for any idea of stopping this..I am sure there are other people with this problem out there. It needs to be STOPPED!!! I am with you as far as trying to remain legal on the fight against the cameras. But as to how far you can go without it becoming a legal battle is another sticky situation..but we should not go down without a fight!!!!!!!!!!!
boobird1757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #69
seakdivers
Icy Queen

Bri - I just had a thought.... tape up racy (but not entirely nude) posters of Carmen Electra & Pamela Anderson in your windows (facing outwards of course). If she's a prudish old bat then it just might make her knock it off.

If you are lucky she will stop looking out her windows all together!

If you are un-lucky, she will be knocking on your door with a big smile. Eeewww...
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:15 AM   #70
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

After much debate, my ex husband (who works for the city we live in) is going to POLITELY tell her that he feels very uncomfortable about her videotaping our son and would she please stop? He will offer to help her angle the camera so it will film her property and not mine. I really hope this works.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 07-06-2006, 10:18 AM   #71
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

That sounds rational...so the biddy will probably reject it out of hand.

I hope it works.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #72
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Try one of these , it Will probley burn out the camera and/or the drapes !!!
http://wickedlasers.com/products.php?content=bspyder
Old 07-07-2006, 05:31 PM   #73
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
I just really does make me sick. All I can do is look at it and wonder if she is taping me. I can't even go lay out in the backyard now. I feel like a prisoner in my own house and it's perfectly legal and OK for her to do this.
And that is all feelings. Meanwhile, it means buglars will not find your house an easy target. Whether on tape or just humanly watched, either way, its still all in public. So what? Would you also avoid London for same reasons?

Ignore her. Know what she has done. But ignore her. Let her pay for your household security.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #74
rkzenrage

I still like the sign. Reasonable and truthful.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #75
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

The sign idea is good except that there is an ordinance in the city about signs. The police will come and make you take them down.

She took the camera out of the window last night. Well, at least I can't see it anymore! Maybe my ex's talk with her did the trick.

—James Barrie