The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #11
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I confronted her last night. In the most pansy way possible of course, and trying so hard to restrain any bitterness and anger that it might have sounded like an off the cuff query.

But this morning I was convinced she was ignoring me.
Well, she DID ignore me when I came down this morning - I said "Good morning" and got no reply, but despite my sinking stomach I wasn't 100% sure that she heard me. despite her attacks on Dad/ Grandad because of their hearing, she doesn't hear as well as she thinks she does these days. Although she's said to me that sometimes she simply ignores me. Liar.

Anyway, this afternoon she offered to re-hem my trousers. Something she suggested about three weeks ago. Which is a lovely thing to offer, and makes me wonder if I was wrong this morning and in fact instead of punishing me, she was just feeling bad that she'd hurt my feelings?

Oh and the answer to the question was apparently that Laura can be a real firebrand. Well, shit, I know that. She's the only one who can control my Mum. I wouldn't call it being a firebrand, I would call it being a manipulative and selfish bitch who only has four important people in her life, and they all live at the her address. But hey.

Despite my mean words I'm nowhere near as angry about it today. It's no worse than Mum telling me I needed to get Ste to help me plan my Glasgow trip, because he knows about these things (he helped plan their Las Vegas/ Hollywood trip). Ste knows and I know that we've both been on solo holidays and both know how to use the internet. It's only Mum who thinks he has a special skill. And after all, I have no issues or jealousy when it comes to him.

FSM, I wish I didn't need constant ego-stroking. Especially from the one person who wouldn't identify it even it it dressed up in ego-stroking clothes and danced on a table singing Ego Stroking Days Are Here Again.

End of topic. Thanks for not smacking me.

Tags
limburger