Sometimes 3 13.04%
Beebly (not gonna answer. Nuh uh!) 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #16
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
I wear no jewelry of any kind. That's my policy.
When I was in military service I had no choice, they MADE me:

A Special Forces Soldier

As seen by His Wife:
A stinking Member of the Family who comes home once a year in the back door with a Rucksack full of Dirty Laundry and a Hard On, polishes his Ring, Watch and Knife then Three Months later goes out the Front Door for another Year.
As seen by His Commander:
A fine specimen of a Drunken, Brawling. Jeep Stealing, Woman Corrupting Liar, with a Star Sapphire Ring, Rolex Watch and a Demo Knife.
As seen by The Department of the Army:
An Overpaid, Over Ranked tax burden who is Indispensable because he has Volunteered to go Anywhere, Do Anything, at Any Time as long as he can Booze it up, Brawl, Steal Jeeps, Corrupt Women, Lie, Wear a Star Sapphire Ring, Rolex Watch and carry a Demo Knife.

As seen by Himself:
A Tall, Handsome, Highly Trained Professional Killer,
Female Idol, Star Sapphire Ring wearing,

Name:  Star Saphire Ring.gif
Views: 134
Size:  15.0 KB
Demo Knife carrying Gentleman
Name:  Demo Knife.gif
Views: 121
Size:  12.7 KB
Who is always on time due to the reliability of his Rolex Watch.
Name:  Rolex Watch.gif
Views: 149
Size:  6.7 KB

As seen by His Enemies:
The Meanest Motha in the Valley.......
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:30 AM   #17
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

I'm pretty sure you weren't forced to wear a Rolex. A watch, maybe, but not a Rolex ...
Old 11-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #18
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
I don't see a watch as jewelry, but I suppose it can be. To me, a watch is a tool.

I have half a dozen or so watches, but only one doesn't need a battery (one needs winding). One watch talks, one has a built in tv remote. Most of the rest were free, one way or another.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #19
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
Embrace this moment, remember
We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion ~MJKeenan
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #20
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I wear hats, naturally, a man needs a hat when he has hair remaining and doesn't shower every single day.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #21
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Grav: That watch looks nice. All you need is something that runs. I don't know about there, but here it only costs about $7-$10 to change the battery.

Chris: Nice! Thanks for showing us your watches.

Classic: Have you ever tried non-leather strap watches?
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #22
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

One of the first "news" stories that brought my attention to the silliness of political coverage was when Bill Clinton was made fun of by "journalists" for wearing the same watch that I had.

I actually wear that model of watch now, as well.

I hate shopping for watches, so when I need a new watch, if I see one in the store that is the same model as one I've had before, I get it.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #23
Beest
Adapt and Survive

I wear a casio AW80-1BV

I read the time analog and keep the digital display (which is large enough to read easily but not obcusre the rest of the face) on day and date as shown, it has stop watch, timer , alarms and apparently a 30 entry database for phone numbers I have never used. I had one previously and the battery became somehow loose and the watch would just turn off at random, I looked for a different one but couldn't find any that had the right balance of features for me that this one does, so I bought another.

The water resistence number on a watch is a secret code.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Resistant_mark

Watches are often classified by watch manufacturers by their degree of water resistance which, due to the absence of official classification standards, roughly translates to the following (1 metre ≈ 3.29 feet):[5]

Water resistance rating

Water Resistant 3 ATM or 30 mSuitable for everyday use. Splash/rain resistant. NOT suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, snorkelling, water related work and fishing.NOT suitable for diving.

Water Resistant 5 ATM or 50 mSuitable for swimming, white water rafting, non-snorkeling water related work, and fishing.NOT suitable for diving.

Water Resistant 10 ATM or 100 mSuitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports.NOT suitable for diving.

Water Resistant 20 ATM or 200 mSuitable for professional marine activity, serious surface water sports and skin diving.Suitable for skin diving.

Manufacturers water resistance classifications are interpretations and are not part of any ISO standard definition

I take my watch off for swimming, but don't mind if it get's splashed with water.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #24
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinhouston View Post
You can never have enough watches!
the guy sitting across the desk from me has a watch for every day of the month, he is constantly chekcing out new ones.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #25
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #26
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that I'm fairly easily entertained. One of my personal games is, when in public, when I see someone look at their watch, I wait seven seconds, and then ask them if they have the time. I don't recall ever having someone tell me the time without looking back at their watch. It was just seven seconds ago!!!

This one time, when I said "Excuse me, do you have the time?", the guy didn't miss a beat when he replied "For what?".

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #27
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
Is that Ogre? Or am I thinking of another movie?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #28
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Bunny View Post
Grav: That watch looks nice. All you need is something that runs. I don't know about there, but here it only costs about $7-$10 to change the battery.
I only gave $6 for the watch, iirc. I think, if you buy your battery at Wal-Mart they change it for you for free.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #29
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Time to throw y'all a curve:

Now that everyone knows watches can have depth pressure ratings (e.g. WR100m=333ft=10atm), you should also know that a watch's ability to handle increased pressure does not necessarily mean it's constructed to handle decreased pressure. Having worked on military free fall (HALO) parachute teams, I routinely exited aircraft depressurized at 22,000 ft. Atmospheric pressure at that altitude is low enough that some watches, including some expensive watches, and even some designed to handle increased pressure had their crystals pop out from the outward force of normal pressure inside the watch. So if you're ever on a commercial flight at cruising altitude and the cabin suddenly loses pressure, for goodness sake watch out for flying watch crystals while you're reaching for that dangling oxygen mask.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #30
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
I wear a casio AW80-1BV
Mine is similar
Attached Images