The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-26-2015, 03:04 PM   #16
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

John, you told me to go fuck my mother. You told me to fuck my mother.

What should my response have been? I can tell you what my response is to ANYBODY who says that to me in real life, in my presence...They get the shit slapped out of them. Even if I know it's gonna cost me an ass beating, they get the taste slapped outta their mouth.

Now, we aren't in each others' presence, are we? If we were, what could I hope to accomplish to by slapping you out of your chair? Not much. At best, I would be abusing the handicapped, which would not win me praise, nor the adoration of beautiful women. So, there's really not a whole hell of a lot I can do about it, now is there? All I could possibly do is try to let it go, and that's what I tried to do. I even tried to accept your apology, which, I can see, now, is worthless.

I even wasted five seconds of my life wishing your sorry ass a Merry Christmas.

So, you can take your apology, write it down on a piece of 80 grit sandpaper and shove up your ass. I don't give a fuck what you think, what you say, or what you feel. About me, yourself, or anybody else.

Eat a bag of dicks, you mental midget.

I'm done with this, now.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:13 PM   #17
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Really, Bruce? I'd have thought that sort of thing was beneath you.

I'm just wrong about all kinds of shit lately.

Later.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:38 PM   #18
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Whoa Nellie, I was kidding LJ, nothing to do with you and/or Sellers. Have a sarsaparilla and chill, man. Your hackles are up and spooked that any noise is a threat.

Oh, and for the record, nothing is beneath me... ask anyone.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:44 PM   #19
John Sellers
Banned

@Grave Robber: Yer done? Fine. I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
John, you told me to go fuck my mother. You told me to fuck my mother.

What should my response have been?
You coulda just accepted my apology WITHOUT the "Your comment is neither forgotten, nor forgiven."

Even a "Reluctantly accepted." woulda been acceptable.
John Sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #20
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sellers View Post
You coulda just accepted my apology WITHOUT the "Your comment is neither forgotten, nor forgiven."
He could; but, he doesn't have to. He's the injured party and if he wants to ensure you understand that his acceptance of your apology doesn't constitute forgiveness that's his prerogative.

Here's how many people see the situation:

Is accepting an apology the same as forgiving?

Best Answer: Accepting the apology is not forgiving the behavior. When someone apologizes, they are sorry for a specific offense or for hurting someone. To accept an apology is to accept the person's feelings as being genuine. Forgiveness goes further in that you essentially erase the offense. It's like this apology: "I'm sorry for cheating you." You can accept that they realize they were wrong. Forgiveness is taking them back and letting them move back in. You don't have to do that part.

Gravdigr initially accepted your apology which alone means he thought of it as being sincere and further demonstrated that by wishing you a Merry Christmas. That doesn't mean he's going to forget the injury; or, that he wants to be your friend. He was honest with you and that's the best policy.

Unfortunately, you've made his acceptance of your apology conditional. That has undermined your credibility and caused him to change his mind about your sincerity. You've changed this apology thread so it's no longer about him, the injured party, you've made it about you and now you're blaming the victim.

Why put these apology threads in Home Base instead of Meta. [Rhetorical]
Why should there be more than one apology thread for you? [Rhetorical]
Why are you further antagonizing a dweller you've injured under the guise of an apology? [Rhetorical]
You could have simply replied I understand to his acceptance speech and dropped it which would have been acceptable.

Instead, you're presenting as an attention whoring troll.

Is this your intent? [RSVP]
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:54 PM   #21
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

this whole thread smacks of effort
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #22
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Here's how many people see the situation:

Is accepting an apology the same as forgiving?

Best Answer: Accepting the apology is not forgiving the behavior. When someone apologizes, they are sorry for a specific offense or for hurting someone. To accept an apology is to accept the person's feelings as being genuine. Forgiveness goes further in that you essentially erase the offense. It's like this apology: "I'm sorry for cheating you." You can accept that they realize they were wrong. Forgiveness is taking them back and letting them move back in. You don't have to do that part.
And why would I care how others view this "situation"?
Old 12-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #23
sexobon

If your apology wasn't sincere, you wouldn't.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #24
John Sellers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
If your apology wasn't sincere, you wouldn't.
I was sincere...'til Gravyboat fucked up his acceptance post.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #25
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

That's not how an apology works, John.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:07 PM   #26
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Apology is cheap coin; but to mean anything it must be unconditional. An apology with conditions is no apology at all.
Old 12-26-2015, 08:13 PM   #27
sexobon

His acceptance post was within normal limits. You have difficulty accepting other peoples' rationales for what they say and the way they say it. It permeates everything you do here right down your responses to some of my replies in the Word Association thread in which even after I've explained my rationale for an association, you'd still say something like that's a weird response. Everyone else understands that those associations can be highly personalized; but, you can't relate unless others conform to your expectations and that's an issue for you across the forums.

You fucked up the post-acceptance of your apology and your credibility for sincere apology went down the tubes with it. You're using an apology like a Get Out Of Jail Free card in Monopoly. You want others' acceptance to be unconditional. That's not acceptance: that's surrender. That kind of manipulation may work at home; but, it doesn't work here. Your reintegration suffered a heavy blow in this thread and the onus is entirely on you and your narrow views.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:47 PM   #28
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Seems like this is yet another of the same tired ending of John Sellers visits to the cellar.
Later. Glad I didn't bother getting sucked into your world.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:15 AM   #29
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Whoa Nellie, I was kidding LJ, nothing to do with you and/or Sellers. Have a sarsaparilla and chill, man. Your hackles are up and spooked that any noise is a threat.

Oh, and for the record, nothing is beneath me... ask anyone.
orly? huh. I kind a figured you for a Top.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:27 AM   #30
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I am, I was complaining.