The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 09-30-2020, 01:33 PM   #2221
glatt

You might want to take the gondola up to the top of Cannon Mountain there, and do the 1/4 mile loop trail hike around the summit to the observation tower. It's spectacular.

I was there just about exactly a year ago, and used it as the kick off to a 4 day hike.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:35 PM   #2222
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Nice.

We're back up to 76, rfn, and ME likey.

Top-down me time coming up very shortly.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #2223
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Yessir -- I have done the gondola many times! My family is actually from Franconia.

Probably won't make it this visit, the goal is the Mt Washington auto road with the Tesla - if the summit is clear tomorrow.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:40 PM   #2224
Griff
still says videotape

niccccccccce
Old 09-30-2020, 03:44 PM   #2225
monster
I hear them call the tide

Thunder and rain. Right as I went out to finish a job in the yard. It wasn't s'posed to thunder until tomorrow. The hourly forecast was doing well until then..... I waited for the warmest, least windy spot of the day and all was going to plan until... it wasn't
Old 10-01-2020, 06:40 PM   #2226
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Well, one doesn't want one's beer-drinking time cut into too deeply by yardwork...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:28 PM   #2227
glatt

Today is the kind of day where you just want to be outside. Glorious bright sunny day with a slight breeze rustling through the trees. Leaves occasionally falling and blowing across the lawn. Absolutely glorious Fall day.

One hour 'til quitting time.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #2228
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

A little cool for top-down cruising...64 & falling.

So it's top-up, creaking, squeaking, rattling, vibrating, shaking cruising. Shouldn't there be bushings? Somewhere in this top?

The other day I was riding around. It was a beautiful day. Cloudless, painfully blue sky, 78 degrees, top down, cruising in the country, the Stones blasting through my one working speaker, pony-tail flapping in the breeze, when it occurred to me that an entire population of this planet would be thinking "It doesn't get better than this."

Old 10-15-2020, 07:40 PM   #2229
Ibby
erika

today was like 75 here and gorgeous, blustery in a beautifully fall way with the turning leaves. Probably our last really warm day. kinda wish i'd gone fishin'.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:05 PM   #2230
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Yessir -- I have done the gondola many times! My family is actually from Franconia.

Probably won't make it this visit, the goal is the Mt Washington auto road with the Tesla - if the summit is clear tomorrow.

Get out. one of my best friends is from Littleton. He lives in Franconia now.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:55 PM   #2231
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's exceptional to look at. I think I could live there, you know, except for the winters

it's actually probably an option since the family still has a wee chunk of land there
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:27 AM   #2232
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Apparently the Atlantic Ocean ran out of hurricanes for the year. Tropical Storm Epsilon may be the last.

Eastern Pacific may have finished with its record number of storms. Last one, that died while heading for California, was Norbert - a 14th storm.

Ironically, Panama has had so little rain that some container ships must now lighten their load. So that canals use less water.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote