The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-18-2016, 03:03 AM   #46
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Hart brings up George Zimmerman and stated if he was held responsible for his actions, there would be no BLM. Excuse me! He was tried in a court of his peers and found not guilty. The DOJ investigated Zimmerman for 3 years and it was concluded there was not sufficient evidence of a federal hate crime. Are we supposed to throw this guy in jail because internet warriors don't like the verdict? Food for thought, Zimmerman is a registered Democrat and a Hispanic. What the fuck does this have to do with white police officers???????????
Old 07-18-2016, 03:05 AM   #47
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
Video evidence did not prove either of those things.
Read my post again. I did not intend to state both things were proven by video. Video evidence proved that she wasn't lynched.

Quote:
Whereas you discount the entire video after finding one way that you interpret the facts differently from Vi.
Yes I do. If someone claims a lynching, and there was none, I absolutely stop and do not trust anything else they say.

I encourage everyone to do this too. Once you positively identify narration where the intent is to present a limited set of facts, in an emotional way, you may stop right there.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:19 AM   #48
Big Sarge

The death of Eric Garner - Garner was a big man and was resisting arrest. He died as a result of position asphyxiation and compression of the neck with contributing factors of asthma and heart disease. Note the autopsy found no damage to the windpipe or neck bones. Yes it was ruled a homicide, but that is a legal term. If you shoot someone in self defense and kill them, it is a homicide. Did you know that if you kill yourself, it is still a homicide under UCMJ reporting?

Bottom line is the grand jury chose not to indict. Are we again supposed to throw out our legal system because those privy to all of the evidence believed a crime had not been committed.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:38 AM   #49
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Yes. To take that last bit a step further, the video is angry, and people are angry, that each of these cases did not result in an indictment. (She writes NO INDICTMENT! in red each time)

So is there a problem with racist policing; or is it far worse, a racist breakdown of rule of law? Like not only are the cops in on it, but... like... everybody's in on it?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:39 AM   #50
Big Sarge

John Crawford III died in Walmart. Hart needs to check her facts. Crawford picked up a .177 caliber pellet rifle in sporting goods and walked around the store swinging it and gesturing it. The encounter with police occurred in the pets department. Police order him to drop the rifle and get on the floor. He drops the rifle and runs, but sees another officer and runs back to the rifle. There is a 17:41 video showing everything. How many of these social justice idiots have taken the time to see it or listen to the 911 dispatch tapes? Hart still thinks it is a toy gun. Anyway, the grand jury said no true bill. There was not evidence of a crime. Once again does a certain minority group want us to throw out our legal system when the verdicts don't suit them.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:49 AM   #51
Big Sarge

The shooting of Michael Brown was a mistake made by bad police and allowed by our justice system? It has already been established that the hands up don't shoot crap never happened. Brown committed a strong armed robbery minutes before he was confronted by Officer Wilson. A large part of the physical confrontation took place in the patrol car when Brown attacked Wilson as proven by forensics. An exhaustive investigation by the DOJ exonerated Officer Wilson.

Once more Hart and her buddies want us to throw out the legal system because they aren't happy with the verdicts. If the verdicts don't match some narrative they've heard on the internet, then white officers must be conspiring?
Old 07-18-2016, 04:03 AM   #52
Big Sarge

Happy Monkey - Do you need me to continue to break down each incident? Hart does nothing but try to spin partial facts and trigger words.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:36 AM   #53
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Video evidence proved that she wasn't lynched.
Yes I do. If someone claims a lynching, and there was none, I absolutely stop and do not trust anything else they say.
Vi did not claim a lynching, and video evidence did not prove anything, but it indirectly supports suicide.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:50 AM   #54
Happy Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
Bottom line is the grand jury chose not to indict. Are we again supposed to throw out our legal system because those privy to all of the evidence believed a crime had not been committed.
If a grand jury doesn't indict, it's usually because the prosecutor didn't want them to; as per Sol Wachtler's ham sandwich.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
So is there a problem with racist policing; or is it far worse, a racist breakdown of rule of law?
More of an insufficient buildup of rule of law. You can't break down what wasn't there to begin with.
|_______________| [pics]
Old 07-18-2016, 06:19 AM   #55
Happy Monkey

Quote:
John Crawford III died in Walmart. Hart needs to check her facts. Crawford picked up a .177 caliber pellet rifle in sporting goods and walked around the store swinging it and gesturing it. The encounter with police occurred in the pets department. Police order him to drop the rifle and get on the floor. He drops the rifle and runs, but sees another officer and runs back to the rifle. There is a 17:41 video showing everything. How many of these social justice idiots have taken the time to see it or listen to the 911 dispatch tapes? Hart still thinks it is a toy gun. Anyway, the grand jury said no true bill. There was not evidence of a crime. Once again does a certain minority group want us to throw out our legal system when the verdicts don't suit them.
I didn't find the 17:41 video, but I found a 42 minute one, and one synced to another camera and the 911 call, and it appears that "swinging" might be somewhat accurate, since it was in one hand, and he wasn't actively pointing it at anything, but "gesturing"?

And the time between "drop your weapon" (which he does), and shots fired was less than 2 seconds.
|_______________| [pics]
Old 07-18-2016, 08:14 AM   #56
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Happy Monkey - Do you need me to continue to break down each incident? Hart does nothing but try to spin partial facts and trigger words.
Sarge, that's a lot of excusing and rationalizing you've done there.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:12 PM   #57
Big Sarge

Quote:
If a grand jury doesn't indict, it's usually because the prosecutor didn't want them to; as per Sol Wachtler's ham sandwich.
More of an insufficient buildup of rule of law. You can't break down what wasn't there to begin with.
Wachtler made an off the cuff crack that was used in a book of fiction. That's your evidence the American jurisprudence system is rigged on use of force cases involving white officers and black suspects? Have you served on a grand jury or presented cases before a grand jury?
Old 07-18-2016, 12:17 PM   #58
Big Sarge

Quote:
I didn't find the 17:41 video, but I found a 42 minute one, and one synced to another camera and the 911 call, and it appears that "swinging" might be somewhat accurate, since it was in one hand, and he wasn't actively pointing it at anything, but "gesturing"?

And the time between "drop your weapon" (which he does), and shots fired was less than 2 seconds.
You are a police officer and dispatched to the scene of a man armed with a rifle. You order the suspect to drop the weapon and get on the ground. He drops it and runs away and then turns and runs back to the weapon and toward you, the officer, the weapon is at his feet. What do you do? You have a micro-second to decide where to engage on the use of force continuum. Guess wrong and you could die.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:23 PM   #59
Big Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Sarge, that's a lot of excusing and rationalizing you've done there.
Hart is espousing the idea our legal system is rigged because a minority faction is unhappy with some verdicts. Plus, she doesn't seem to care about facts in cases.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:25 PM   #60
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Hart is espousing the idea our legal system is rigged because a minority faction is unhappy with some verdicts. Plus, she doesn't seem to care about facts in cases.
Or there's systemic/institutional bias. Possible, no?