The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:31 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Apple Sucks

Why is it this guy can't fix broken phones, the people who buy them from Apple may have an agreement with the company but this guy doesn't.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
Griff
still says videotape

John Deere was screwing with hacker farmers a while back. Corporations are citizens now.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Funny you should mention that, I pulled this out of an August Car & Driver magazine at the doctors on Thursday.
Picture you're in the middle of a harvest, trucks are lined up to haul your crop to the railroad who has a whole train waiting on the siding with locomotive idling. A storm front is threatening to cover the crop with sleet. Radar is picking up a hoard of locusts three miles wide bearing down on your field. John Deere says we'll send a tech out next thursday. Oh Deere.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #4
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Might have been last August's issue. Maybe. ETA: Scratch that, just saw the date on yer page. I read a very similar story in some car mag a good while back.

JD wants to make like Microsoft. For $250,000 you only own a license to use their combine.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:02 AM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I think you should double that $250,000.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:31 AM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I was talking about the little pedal model.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #7
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Corporations are citizens now.
Universal suffrage. Corporations also must have the right to vote.

No taxation without representation. Those corporate executives will soon be marching in the streets (only because corporations don't have any legs to stand on).

Last edited by tw; 11-17-2019 at 03:32 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:42 PM   #8
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I just read a article recently where a corporation was charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of a student at a school owned by the corp.

Old 11-17-2019, 08:52 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If they loose the janitor goes to jail.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:17 AM   #10
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Why is it this guy can't fix broken phones, the people who buy them from Apple may have an agreement with the company but this guy doesn't.
This is comparable to McDonald's suing that lady in Scotland for having a coffee shop named after her family (McDonald).
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:19 AM   #11
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Might have been last August's issue. Maybe. ETA: Scratch that, just saw the date on yer page. I read a very similar story in some car mag a good while back.

JD wants to make like Microsoft. For $250,000 you only own a license to use their combine.
Didn't Allis Chalmers start putting card swipes on their tractors so you had to have aftermarket maintenance done on them? Ingersoll Rand air compressors do that now, too.
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:42 AM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Seems to be a trend, one I don't like. One that disturbs me is upgrading the software in a car remotely while you drive. They've already discovered in some Dodge Ram and Jeep products with a certain optional entertainment system can be hacked over the air to disable the brakes or engine.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:23 PM   #13
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

OnStar can also be OffStar if law enforcement (or a reasonable facsimile) convinces it it needs to stop a vehicle.
Supposedly for stolen car or otherwise fugitive action you can find yourself coasting to a stop.
Diaphone Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #14
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah, I killed that the first day. When I'm running from the cops I want the news choppers to get spectacular footage of the crash and burn.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:46 PM   #15
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
...I want the news choppers to get spectacular footage of the crash and burn.
Thanks for thinking of us.