The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #676
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*smiles* thanks blue. That's pretty much the advice my mates have been givin me as well.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #677
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Maybe he will combust, fueled by his own rage? Or maybe he'll learn how to send out an e-mail? (that's is the part that really bothers me)Well, it probably won't be e-mail Dana!
Old 10-19-2007, 12:57 AM   #678
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Dana, may I suggest that you recruit some of the people who The Jerk has driven out of the party. Get them to come to the meeting(s) and relate what the used to do for the party, and why they resigned.
If it is your word against Jerkie's, it might help to have four or five other people telling similar stories.
Just a suggestion.
Good luck, be strong, Jerkie is probably going into full counter-attack mode because he can't defend his email diatribe ... his best hope is to knock you out before he is called to account for it.
I hope this doesn't sound patronizing. You sound like you can take care of yourself.
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:35 AM   #679
DanaC

Wish I could ZenGum, but that kind of ambush would count as 'Uncomradely behaviour'; have to be very careful not to do something which could be twisted against me :P

There ways around it. I am exploring options at the moment. An important factor in this, is that whilst he, as an individual, is engaging in this kind of behaviour, he is also part of a larger faction (as am I). Right now his faction are characterising this as him just being a hothead (very convenient when your rottweiler attacks the right people no?) whilst miming actions of peacemaking in our direction.

If I take this further it will amount to a declaration of war, and the pretence of peace will no longer be viable.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:56 AM   #680
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Hmmm...

What if, instead of sitting passive, you offered a decisive peace-making move? Basically, a statement declaring such-and-such (i.e. ridiculous bullshit--don't say that of course) is a diversion from our real goals, let's go forward and get to the real work. That would make you look really good, and maybe even work, since most people would probably love to grasp the opportunity to just forget about it.

And it would suck the wind out of his sails, for a while anyway.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:09 AM   #681
DanaC

Actually, that's rather close to what I am plannng to do:P

The Chair will be putting forward a motion a) supporting the Prime Minister (who's coming under a lot of internal fire at the moment) and b) expressing confidence in the CLP officers and that said officers should be supported in their work and should not be subject to, or hindered by, personal attacks or harrassment.

That's a first step. The next step will be less peacful :P
Old 10-19-2007, 03:18 AM   #682
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Hmmmmm, while I usually favour peacemaking, I'm not certain the Blue's idea would work here. Sounds to me like The Jerk is a serial offender. If he gets away with it this time, he'll just do it again, soon. It might be necessary to get him fully removed from the scene. Which, given what you've said about the factions, might be both difficult and escalatory.
Thanks for reminding me why I hate politics. The goals may be worthy, but the crap you have to wade through... bleurch.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:28 AM   #683
DanaC

*laughs* I know. Politics is a very, dirty business. There are times I enjoy that side of it...and times I really don't.

The other thing that's upsetting me is the whole being-in-love-with-one-of-my-best-friends thing. Most of the time I get by just fine and enjoy his company and that's great. Sometimes though it creeps up on me and I just feel totally fucking awful. Spent half of last night crying. I know, from tentative forays in conversation, that he is totally not interested in being involved with anybody, despite the fact he is attracted to me (I'm pretty sure he is, and so is our mutual friend). It's just such a waste, we'd be great together. I know it, the two people who know us both and know how I feel, know it. But I can't say anything explicitly about it because of how he feels about getting involved again. Don't want to make him uncomfortable around me ya know?

I keep thinking, maybe at some point the time will be right and he'll see what's in frnt of him...or maybe I'm kidding mysef and I ain't really his type. But...I dunno, there's definately a strong connection between us.

Like I say, most of the time I just shove that shit to the back of my mind and get on with being his friend, but every so often it breaks my heart and right now it feels like a physical ache.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:52 AM   #684
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Well ZenGum, you sound like you know what you're talking about, so if you consider a moment...a decisive peace-making move is not the same as peace-making at all. As Dana said, of course, it's a first step.

Oh Dana...as for the more important stuff...seduce him now.

Sure, there's the possibility it might not work, but life is too short to keep wondering, "what if." You have to take that chance--trust me on this. Even if it results in disaster.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:26 AM   #685
thealphajerk
Super Intendent

emo's... it's almost ironic

oh, and ben lee
thealphajerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:28 AM   #686
monster
I hear them call the tide

- - - -

Dana, I agree, seduce the guy now.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #687
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

on notice at work.

come in.

close the door.

"not working out for me..."

*gulp*
Old 10-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #688
monster
I hear them call the tide

ouch.

does "on notice" mean canned or "last warning"?
Old 10-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #689
DanaC

Ack, bad show BigV. Hope you can find a way through this mate.

@Blue and Monster. I have taken the cowards way out.....a mutual friend (fiend?) is going to subtly sound him out.

Thing is, I tried subtly sounding him out ... though I thought I was making it fairly obvious where I was coming from...but as my friend pointed out to me, he's a bloke and is likely not to have seen the signs. So, when he's saying to me he isn't interested in getting involved with anybody, too many compromises etc etc, he probably hadn't caught on that I was asking him with myself in mind:P
Old 10-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #690
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
Well ZenGum, you sound like you know what you're talking about, so if you consider a moment...a decisive peace-making move is not the same as peace-making at all. As Dana said, of course, it's a first step.

Ohhh, silly me. You mean like that move where you smile sweetly at them and bob your head and flutter your eyes and draw near and then unleash and kick them as hard as you can in the crotch, and keep up the sweet smile while you're doing it? Always a goodie. I can be so naive sometimes.

Tags
swiss