Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 12-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #46
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
You may not like it and they may not have done it in this case but Michelle is right.
Apparently not.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #47
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Your lies are still lies. Go back and read post 38.
If there were any lies, I suppose that might be true. Stop being an idiot, Bruce, for I know you can. All three digits of the IQ, if you please. I know you have them. Pour the Kool-Aid into the gutter; it's not good for your brain.

I never write anything in here, other than jokes, that is anything less than truth as I've been given to understand it. An inability to recognize or value this on your part, Bruce, doesn't exactly add up to a deficiency on mine, now does it? You could always become an enlightened man... then great vistas open. Stop looking for excuses to fight me unless dickhead really is your life's goal.

A truth is, Blagojevich is venal. And it looks like he's hard even for the Chicago Democratic machine to swallow, and there are calls for his impeachment, as well as for his pro tem removal from office because he's too crippled politically to govern.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #48
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

And UT, is Bosnia really there yet? Up from genocide/harrumph/ethnic cleansing isn't all the way to liberal democracy, is it?
Old 12-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #49
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
I never write anything in here, other than jokes, that is anything less than truth as I've been given to understand it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
My problem is the leadership of the Democrats just isn't very wise, and has had zero success in advancing democracy around the globe since Truman. Truman left office in 1954.
I stand corrected, you don't lie, you're just uneducated.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #50
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
You may not like it and they may not have done it in this case but Michelle is right.
The subject of this thread is the media's unwillingness to identify Blagojevich as a democrat. That has been debunked.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:05 AM   #51
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
You watch what you sayin', buster! We don't allow no congressmen in here!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:06 AM   #52
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
The subject of this thread is the media's unwillingness to identify Blagojevich as a democrat. That has been debunked.
My comment was about the monkey's post. The press has had a long history of not id'ing Dems caught in scandles with inital reports.

Last edited by TheMercenary; 12-14-2008 at 07:21 AM.
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #53
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
Apparently not.
Apparently so.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:17 AM   #54
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Apparently ... what?
Old 12-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #55
TheMercenary

Apparently.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #56
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

The local media in Central Illinois is basically refusing to recognize him as the governor. The citizens of Illinois that did not elect him to office (everyone outside of Chicago) have stopped recognizing him as governor a long time ago. Everything that he has done in the past few months - closing state historical sites and parks, closing a major state prison, etc. is going to be reversed. If he doesn't willingly resign, the Illinois Supreme Court is going to rule that he is unfit to serve as governor, thus welcoming Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn as the new governor of IL. Quinn and Blowfish have not spoken to each other in years. Most people that are elected to higher offices in IL government have very bad relationships with the ol' Blow. Some are even democrats. He's not a popular guy.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #57
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Rahm Emanuel talked with governor's office about who should fill Obama's Senate seat

Quote:
Rahm Emanuel, President-elect Barack Obama's pick to be White House chief of staff, had conversations with Gov. Rod Blagojevich's administration about who would replace Obama in the U.S. Senate, the Tribune has learned.

The revelation does not suggest Obama's new gatekeeper was involved in any talk of dealmaking involving the seat. But it does help fill in the gaps surrounding a question that Obama was unable or unwilling to answer this week: Did anyone on his staff have contact with Blagojevich about his choice for the Senate seat?

Schakowsky said it was natural for Obama to take an interest in the selection process for his Senate seat. "It makes perfect sense for the president-elect or his people to have some interaction about filling the seat he was vacating," she said.

One source confirmed that communications between Emanuel and the Blagojevich administration were captured on court-approved wiretaps.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #58
classicman

Emanuel: I'm Getting Death Threats Over Blagojevich Scandal

Quote:
Questions remain, however, over his contacts with Blagojevich and his staff, and Emanuel has still not said whether or not he's been contacted by the FBI for questioning.

Back at his home, Emanuel appeared "beet-red," according to an ABC News cameraman who was invited inside by Emanuel to use his bathroom this morning.

"I'm getting regular death threats. You've put my home address on national television. I'm pissed at the networks. You've intruded too much, " Emanuel said, according to the cameraman.
Better get real used to it. This is just the beginning.

Quote:
An aide for Emanuel said late Friday afternoon that Emanuel did not make any remarks about receiving death threats. "While we appreciate this camera man's active imagination, this report is inaccurate," said Sarah Feinberg. Responding to Emanuel's comments, ABC News went back and double-checked with the camera man and we stand by the story.

Emanuel has refused to comment as to whether he is the un-named presidential adviser cited in the FBI affidavit filed in the Blagojevich case.
Quote:
U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald says there is "nothing in the complaint" that implicates President-elect Obama but the affidavit suggests someone from the Obama camp was in touch with Blagojevich or his aides, if only to tell the Governor that Obama would not offer anything but "appreciation" in exchange for the Senate appointment.
That's good to hear. But I still think that Obama, or any president would want to be intimately involved with the appointment of his replacement. He will have to work with him for the next 4 years and certainly would want to pick/approve/suggest someone with whom is is familiar or has worked with in the past. That's only normal....isn't it?
Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #59
classicman

Obama aides won't discuss Ill. governor probe

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) - President-elect Barack Obama is refusing to answer any questions about the internal review he has ordered into Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's alleged efforts to sell his former Senate seat, saying he will do so when the examination is finished.

Obama's staff has declined to respond to even basic questions, like who is conducting the probe, how long it will take, what issues are being explored and whether they are working with federal investigators. Obama has promised transparency throughout his service and to divulge contacts his staff has had with Blagojevich's office in the coming days. But his staff has locked down on inquiries in the meantime.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #60
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
My comment was about the monkey's post.
And had already been debunked by said post.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote