The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #2311
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

wow that was a radar-esque post. I need to check my liver enzymes. Bilious much?
Old 01-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #2312
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirell nutkin View Post
Heard of replacement cats?

There's like a billion frigging cats that would be happy to take a finicky eater's place. I have no patience for otherwise healthy cats who go on pout hunger strikes. We used to adopt all our cats from kill shelters, preferably hours before their execution. We had no problems with finicky eaters. It was as if they understood "Oh you don't like it here? I'd be happy to take you back."

100% compliance with the Nutirmax or Wysong or whatever healthfood cat food we were giving them.

Thank god we're allergic to them now.
My mom rescued their cat just seconds from his execution by an 80 pound dog. He's not at all grateful. Oh he eats, he DEMANDS to eat. He DEMANDS his dry food bowl be filled exactly to the rim at all times. He doesn't like wet cat food though, can't hardly get him to eat it. For awhile he was getting urinary tract infections and my mom was trying to feed him food to help with that (dry and wet). He would walk around meowing at us because he didn't want to eat what was in his bowl at all. He also prefers his water running.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #2313
morethanpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
Turbo does not like his new cat food...at all. He took two bites and that was all he would eat. I upgraded to Natural Balance which isnt made with meat-by-products, soy, wheat or corn gluten, or yeasts.

Luckily, I can return it to the pet store for an exchange to something he might eat, but still, here I thought I was doing something good for the cat and he snubs his nose at it.....
Take jinx's suggestion about slowly mixing in the new with the old. Its like the live toad in the boiling water. Throw it into a boiling pot and it jumps out, but if you put it in cold and slowly turn up the heat, it doesn't notice until its too late. MWAHAHAHAHA *choke**cough**cough*

Ok carry on...
Old 01-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #2314
squirell nutkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
My mom rescued their cat just seconds from his execution by an 80 pound dog. He's not at all grateful.
See, you and your mom know she rescued him, but he doesn't know. In his mind he was going to take out that dog and pop a cap in it's ass. He just sees your mom as someone who stopped him from making his big score.

I'm talking "Green Mile" cats who are shaved and strapped in and the doc is flicking the syringe when the phone rings...

THAT is a grateful ass cat.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #2315
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Waiting for two things from eBay and neither arrived.
I hate waiting for the post, and worrying that the items are lost, and wondering how I'll convince the sender that I'm not scamming them.

Mum got her cheque from the solicitors for the sale of Aunty Alice's house today, so she phoned up to book a holiday for her, Dad and my sister and family. I was invited, but declined, because I felt I would be sidelined and consequently unhappy. I know I made the right decision, but it made me feel all hurt and left out today.

And it's a grey, dull day, pouring with rain and the rest of the snow has finally gone.

So I guess you could say I am feeling sorry for myself today.
I think I probably woke up like it, and have just found things to hang my mood on.
Sigh.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #2316
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I was invited, but declined, because I felt I would be sidelined and consequently unhappy.
Why would you be sidelined?
Old 01-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #2317
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

My sister has a very set schedule when they go away.
Mum & Dad go along with it, so I'd always be doing what other people wanted. She also doesn't put any store in my opinion, very rarely addresses me directly and doesn't consider me to be family in the same way she does Mum & Dad. For example she's often invited them over since I've been living here, excluding me. Mum asked if I was invited the first couple of times, but stopped asking when the answer was No.

It's just easier not to go. Especially as Mum would feel caught in the middle. This way they all enjoy it.

I still get to go out for the family meal, and my bro & SIL will be there, so there's not any awkwardness.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #2318
morethanpretty

I just had to order 2 new hard drives for a store to replace the 2 new hard drives I ordered last week. Why? Because the tech installed them to find out the 2 new drives I had ordered had been sent with the wrong IP addresses. I double checked my order, I did it right, its the group that stages them that messed up. This happens all the time, so we have a lot of waste.
The really really annoying thing is that the new drives are sent without access to our admin account. The new drive's IP is wrong, can't connect to it at all to setup the admin account, and can't have the tech on site log into the admin to fix the IPs. So our only choice is to replace them again. If the drives were just sent with access to our admin account enabled, we could just have the tech fix the IPs, but for some stupid reason that's considered a security risk. Yup, that's right, our equipment is so secure even we can't access it!

Sorry if this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I'm too irritated to make sense.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #2319
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

I am trying to read a users manual to hook up my mom's dvd player and she keeps calling every 15 min!

I love my mom.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #2320
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Don't give up yet, try mixing it with his current food first, adjusting the mix until its all new stuff in a couple weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
Take jinx's suggestion about slowly mixing in the new with the old. Its like the live toad in the boiling water. Throw it into a boiling pot and it jumps out, but if you put it in cold and slowly turn up the heat, it doesn't notice until its too late. MWAHAHAHAHA *choke**cough**cough*

Ok carry on...
I did it...I mixed the two foods and guess what...???

HE'S EATING !!! YAY!!!

Thanks for the suggestion. Its funny because every bag of food tells you to do it, but I really didn't consider it. I'm really interested to see if this new food will cause any changes...not that he has any problems (that I know of). I fed my former cat Iams for thirteen years and he died of a stomach tumor. Im probably wrong, but I like to blame Iams for that.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #2321
skysidhe

congrats pico

My orange cat was shedding but he will eat anything.
I bought him some premium pet store food and wow what a difference even after a couple of days. It's been about two weeks now maybe.

He is soft as silk and no flying fur. He is eating less too.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #2322
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

That would be a nice side effect! I also changed Pico's food too...hopefully it will control his shedding too. And maybe (please) his breath too. He has got death breath.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #2323
skysidhe

You should see some really good healthy transformations.
I am happy he decided to give the food a try.

I don't know about death breath though. My mom's poodle has that and I think it's because she is old.

The poodle swallowed a chicken bone yesterday. I distracted my mom from her lunch and the dog got it. My mom is panicking so I must take them to the vet. Like in a few minutes.

I'm not in to it either.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #2324
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Oh no...I hope he is OK.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #2325
squirell nutkin

Don't buy cheap cat food.

Tags