Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #16
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
And they know where you live!
And they have his keys.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #17
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

And have no compuctions about walking all over you!
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #18
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Mmmmm ...... piss flavoured chips .... aghghghhghgmmmmmmm
Old 10-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #19
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

tw
Old 10-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #20
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

i always thought it was "pissing in your cheerios". . .
Old 10-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #21
glatt

You know that scene from Holy Grail where the killer bunny is jumping at the throats of the knights? The chipmunk was kinda like that, launching across the room from the top of the radiator, aiming for the flashlight in my one hand, when I first started chasing it around the bedroom with the broom. I had the door closed to keep it trapped in the one room. I chased it around and around the room, with all the windows open, just hoping it would eventually veer out one of the windows. Me in my boxers and undershirt all goosebumpy and spooked out but chasing it anyway. Took about 5 minutes and I really wore it down. It was dragging as it slowly climbed up the wall and out the window. Chipmunks don't have stamina.

My wife had stuffed the bathroom rug under the bottom of the bedroom door, and was waiting out in the safe hallway. The kids never woke up.

I wish I had a video of it. I'd post it here. I'm sure you'd all have a laugh.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #22
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I had a similar situation with a squirrel about 15 years ago - very funny glatt. Brought a reminiscent smile to my face.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #23
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
You know that scene from Holy Grail where the killer bunny is jumping at the throats of the knights? The chipmunk was kinda like that, launching across the room from the top of the radiator, aiming for the flashlight in my one hand, when I first started chasing it around the bedroom with the broom...
Actually, it sounds as though you have rather robust chipmunks there in Virginia.

Today I meet with Evil English Prof to discuss my thesis---or, lackthereof. He shot me down. Denied. Wish me luck or I'll be harshin' his buzz or stonin' his bum or whatever it is we are doing today.

Scorching my groove? Yeah, that's it.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:49 AM   #24
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
You know that scene from Holy Grail where the killer bunny is jumping at the throats of the knights? The chipmunk was kinda like that, launching across the room from the top of the radiator, aiming for the flashlight in my one hand, when I first started chasing it around the bedroom with the broom. I had the door closed to keep it trapped in the one room. I chased it around and around the room, with all the windows open, just hoping it would eventually veer out one of the windows. Me in my boxers and undershirt all goosebumpy and spooked out but chasing it anyway. Took about 5 minutes and I really wore it down. It was dragging as it slowly climbed up the wall and out the window. Chipmunks don't have stamina.

My wife had stuffed the bathroom rug under the bottom of the bedroom door, and was waiting out in the safe hallway. The kids never woke up.

I wish I had a video of it. I'd post it here. I'm sure you'd all have a laugh.

lol!

Reminds me of the mouse we finally "trapped" last night. It just drug the trap around the house by one leg. We both just stared at it like...what now? The trap was supposed to kill it. Previously it would just take the cheese and not set off the trap at all.

We ended up scooping it off a counter-top and placing it outside hoping a creature more vicious than we are would find a mouse dragging a trap around and kill it.

I fear the worst this morning, whatever is in here now is aggressive. It's been making lots of noises, and the trap is still on the other mouse's leg. I thought we only had one mouse........
Old 10-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #25
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Put the mouse in a rear naked choke. That should do it.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #26
glatt

That's happened to me before with a mouse. The solution is easy. I have a metal coffee can I keep handy. You pick up the trap with the mouse in it, drop it in the can, put it in the freezer, and then the next day, you take the mouse-cycle out of the freezer and drop it in a plastic bag to be deposited in the outside trash can. It sounds harsh, but it's the easiest and most humane way to do it. The mouse gets cold, falls asleep, and never wakes up. It experiences discomfort, but not as much as if you tried to kill it with a blunt object or something. Plus, it's very easy.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #27
Cicero

Aaah haaah! Yes! I see......

Well that works. I've thought that might not be a bad way to go myself...If it's good enough for me....

Why didn't I think of that?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #28
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

We catch our mice in a live trap, then release them in a park or cemetery.

A few weeks ago I went around the outside of the house and filled in all the little holes with caulk and putty (mice can get in some pretty small cracks). We've only had one mouse in the house since then.

This is something I have to do once or twice a year.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #29
Cicero

Hmmm...I'll have to look into this "live trap" thing too.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #30
glatt

I've got to do the inspection of our house to see where we have gaps. But I have a feeling the chipmunk got in through an open door. I came back into our basement after mowing a couple weeks ago, and the door had been wide open the entire time. Then I found lots of teeth marks in a bar of soap down there. I caught two mice after, and assumed they were the culprits, but maybe it was the chipmunk.

There's no question we have openings somewhere, because every Fall, we catch half a dozen mice in the house. Problem is, we have poorly installed aluminum siding on this house, and there are many gaps in the siding. I've ignored the siding, because fixing it is a huge and expensive job, and not a necessary one. It was installed over the original stucco. So I assume the original stucco is keeping things water tight. Plus, the exterior walls are masonry, so they can't rot. But the siding is attached to furring strips, which are nailed into the stucco, so there is a gap between the siding and the stucco. Mice can get in there and run around looking for any openings into the house.

Not an ideal situation. But fixing it would be much more effort and cost than it's worth.