The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-02-2016, 03:50 PM   #916
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

maybe if they rev it up the fire will go out.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:23 PM   #917
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  praytor and Miss Hap.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  76.5 KB

Quote:
Marine Sergeant Frank Praytor leans against sandbags in a foxhole. The soldier softly holds a kitten he has named “Miss Hap.” The kitten gets that name because Praytor says she was born at the wrong place at the wrong time. The kitten was left an orphan after another soldier killed its mother for making too much noise. “Miss Hap” had a sister but another soldier who adopted it, rolled over in his sleep and killed it by accident. Praytor’s kitten survived and eventually found its way home to the US with another soldier after Praytor was shipped out.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:24 PM   #918
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Also:

Name:  clint1964.JPG
Views: 340
Size:  70.1 KB

Name:  elvis1956.JPG
Views: 333
Size:  53.4 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #919
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

1959 Delaware bus ads...
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2016, 07:05 AM   #920
Scriveyn
amnesic-confabulatory opsimath

Keep your eyes on the road and don't stick your elbow out the back window!
Scriveyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:28 PM   #921
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Now them, be chains...
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2016, 05:46 PM   #922
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriveyn View Post
Keep your eyes on the road and don't stick your elbow out the back window!
Popdigr said when he was small he saw a little black kid get his arm tore off when the bus he (the kid) was riding in took a turn too short and a telephone pole scraped down the side of the bus with the kid's arm hanging out one of the windows toward the rear.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:48 PM   #923
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  chand baori.JPG
Views: 331
Size:  164.3 KB

Chand Baori is a stepwell in India.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:40 PM   #924
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Smart guy. Builds his dream cars and bikes from found scrap, non-operational, two or three feet long. Satisfies his creative urges without the expense and heartbreak of real vehicles. Plus if one pisses him off he can call it art and sell it to some collector or the junk man. Smart guy.
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2016, 06:25 PM   #925
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Sweeeeet
Old 05-16-2016, 10:07 PM   #926
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Thirsty?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:33 PM   #927
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No, Monday.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:16 PM   #928
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The first old man said "It sure is windy today.".

The second old man said "No, I think it's Thursday.".

The third old man said "Me, too. Let's go get a beer.".

Old 05-18-2016, 08:28 AM   #929
glatt

I saw this on the web. Never saw ivy peel off like this. I always heard it would stick like a SOB to brick and was hard to get off.

Name:  ivy.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  160.2 KB

So I searched around to find the story, and a million Pintrest false leads later, I found this picture from a guy who worked across the street. He said it had been rainy and the ivy just slumped off.
Name:  ivy 2.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  138.6 KB

Apparently it's a thing that sometimes happens.
Name:  ivy 3.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  102.3 KB
This one happened during a wind storm.
Name:  ivy 4.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  132.4 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:03 AM   #930
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Damn, that's hard to believe. Even if the added water weight caused it to rip off, to leave no evidence of attachment points is unbelievable.
Quote:
•Think Permanent: Climbing vines can be very difficult to remove later, so it’s best to consider them as a permanent installation. If you’re worried about your brickwork needing future repairs, you may not want to cover it with self-adhering vines like ivy and climbing hydrangea. Also consider your home’s resale value before planting, as vines may or may not be attractive to future buyers.
•Consider Less-Aggressive Vines: Rather than planting English ivy, whose aerial rootlets not only attach themselves to the brick but can find their way into cracks, consider friendlier vines that have less tendency to cause damage. Boston ivy and Virginia creeper are popular choices for older buildings, since their adhesive suckers don’t attach quite as aggressively as English ivy.
Maybe it's some pussy Ivy.
Link
Here's a better one...
Quote:
English ivy (Hedera helix L.) is able to grow on vertical substrates such as trees, rocks and house plaster, thereby attaching so firmly to the surface that when removed by force typically whole pieces of the climbing substrate are torn off. The structural details of the attachment process are not yet entirely understood. We studied the attachment process of English ivy in detail and suggest a four-phase process to describe the attachment strategy: (i) initial physical contact, (ii) form closure of the root with the substrate, (iii) chemical adhesion, and (iv) shape changes of the root hairs and form-closure with the substrate. These four phases and their variations play an important role in the attachment to differently structured surfaces. We demonstrate that, in English ivy, different mechanisms work together to allow the plant's attachment to various climbing substrates and reveal the importance of micro-fibril orientation in the root hairs for the attachment based on structural changes at the subcellular level.
link

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 05-18-2016 at 09:09 AM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote