The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 08-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #16
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Get your passport now. No reason to wait.. It takes longer than you would think.
I am when I get back home. I am at my parent's right now. I got enough stress with that. Maybe that's why I want to go to Iceland......
Old 08-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro View Post
I am at my parent's right now. I got enough stress with that.
Ha ha ha, the universal truth.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:32 PM   #18
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Maybe that's why I want to go to Iceland......
If I could, I'd drive ya.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:49 PM   #19
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
I am really tempted to book one for the end of the year in Yellowstone, but I do tend to be spontaneous.....
I'm not so sure you want to be there during the winter... check with some other people here who have done that already. From what I understand, some roads and attractions are not open/available during the winter months.

I just went last month. It was amazing. I'm not so sure it would have been as nice during the winter.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #20
bbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
I'm not so sure you want to be there during the winter... check with some other people here who have done that already. From what I understand, some roads and attractions are not open/available during the winter months.

I just went last month. It was amazing. I'm not so sure it would have been as nice during the winter.
That's why I am leaning towards these expeditions - they take care of all the planning and stuff. I don't have to worry about not knowing what's open or not. I am going to wait anyways. I think Iceland will be worth the wait
Old 08-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They both sound like great tours, you probably can't make a wrong choice.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:13 AM   #22
bbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
They both sound like great tours, you probably can't make a wrong choice.
Well, I am thiiiiiiis close to saying Fuck it and booking the 10,000 one for Iceland that is a lot more hiking and 10 days instead of 7. I mean, I keep thinking "If the cheaper one is good, then I'll go back", but will I? Really??
Old 08-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #23
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's a big gamble, for $10 Grand you could do the shorter trip and beach front hotel in Florida.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:48 AM   #24
bbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
That's a big gamble, for $10 Grand you could do the shorter trip and beach front hotel in Florida.
Going to Florida this year - probably won't go back again. So many other beaches and islands to try. I'm probably going to end up doing the shorter trip. I just can't justify maxing out my credit card no matter how badly I want to do it. I am going to just say that I'll take a bigun for my 40th birthday in a few years
Old 08-22-2017, 10:45 AM   #25
glatt

Yeah, if you don't have the cash saved up, I'd be cautious about taking on debt to take a vacation.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #26
bbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Yeah, if you don't have the cash saved up, I'd be cautious about taking on debt to take a vacation.
If I did that, I would never take a vacation. I'm fine with having debt to go to new places. Life's too short to worry about it. I routinely pay off my debt, so it doesn't just keep accumulating.

Update on the Iceland trip - I think I found a local travel agency I may contact (communication with NatGeo and their partners has been non-responsive). It also looks like all the hotels offer day trips of some sort, so I can go that route, too. I don't know if it will end up being cheaper or not (doubt it), but I get to do exactly what I want and still explore Reykjavik itself
Old 08-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #27
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Credit bugs me.

I'm w/Glatt, I would not borrow money to go on vacation. And (re: Chris posting his credit card debt) I would NEVER have told anyone I had a $25,000 credit card debt. In fact, I would have probably killed myself If I accumulated that much cc debt.

I don't like credit, and have no credit cards.

Back to the thread subject:

If you get to Iceland, see if ya can learn the language in a week, like this guy did:

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #28
bbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Credit bugs me.

I'm w/Glatt, I would not borrow money to go on vacation. And (re: Chris posting his credit card debt) I would NEVER have told anyone I had a $25,000 credit card debt. In fact, I would have probably killed myself If I accumulated that much cc debt.

I don't like credit, and have no credit cards.
Ok - again, not my concern. I am not talking about how much debt I may or may not have. But there is sure as hell no way I am booking things online with a card directly into my bank account even if I did have the cash for it. Killing yourself over debt is silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post

Back to the thread subject:

If you get to Iceland, see if ya can learn the language in a week, like this guy did:

Probably not since everyone speaks English.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:34 PM   #29
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

So sorry for the thread drift.

BUT, you did ask How Much Is Too Much? You asked our opinion.

Again, sorry. Won't foul up your thread again.

Have fun in English-speaking Iceland.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #30
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Probably not since everyone speaks English.
That statement speaks volumes.