Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-25-2020, 01:02 AM   #121
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Particularly in view of her personally casting aside ethics and embracing criminality for lucre? She's in it only for the money and the power that comes with it.
And Trump isn't? Congress critters aren't? Explain to me her criminal behavior.

Quote:
People more ethical than yourself -- less left-wing too -- oppose you, argue against you.
That's your opinion but do you really think I give a flying fuck what chorus the MAGA muppets are singing this week? I mean really? Nah, you can't be serious.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:20 AM   #122
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Hey UG, your reflexive use of ad hominem attacks is deplorable.

I have know you to be able to communicate without such language. I have also know you to make sensible, interesting and informative posts. But the hatin' poisons every post it touches. As a Democrat, as a patriot, as a citizen and a voter striving to be better informed, I find information from you and others whose opinions and knowledge is different from mine valuable. If you share what you have to offer, I will share my open mind. But I won't drink poison just because I thirst.
This guy gets it.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:10 AM   #123
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Bruce, by his own testimony, is not a friend to a virtuous society. You shouldn't cry ad-hominem when a party -- that is not mine -- jettisons ethics and has apparently French-kissed and taken French leave of its senses. These too are no friends of a free and virtuous society -- yet they find supporters here in this hostility. Party loyalty is not a substitute for principles. Too many now haven't had that idea.

I do not "reflexively" ad-hominem anyone. I do reprove manifest ethical lapses, and none shall deny me. I would just as readily reprove yours if any, and can one be any more fair?
Old 02-28-2020, 02:30 AM   #124
Urbane Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
And Trump isn't? Congress critters aren't? Explain to me her criminal behavior.

That's your opinion but do you really think I give a flying fuck what chorus the MAGA muppets are singing this week? I mean really? Nah, you can't be serious.
HRC -- never someone to vote for -- has not been indicted for her felonious handling of classified information, the usual penalty for which is ten years and ten thousand dollars. You know what a full ten years in Leavenworth would mean for someone in her demographic. Indicted or no, investigation or no, the suspicion at the least will ever be hanging over her, of a pattern with the gray cloud of scandal ever hanging over the Clinton White House. Of course, there is also that career-opening, er, success in cattle futures. Paid off something like a thousand to one, purportedly? On the *very first try at it,* without continued or previous investment success of the same sort and field? People oddly and conveniently dead? Victim intimidation that is on record as performed by this monster of a woman? Greed and radicalism explains some few of these things, no?

Trump has lost over a billion in net worth while President, as I said -- and you falsely want to forget. That's a sign of prejudice, which I do not share and cannot be made to. Prejudiced thought I regard as lower than mole scrotums, than which there is little less respectable or elevated, not so?

As for the rest of your brainless defiance-bellow, well... all else being equal, would you not want to participate in making America greater, a successful and benevolent enterprise? Seriously, I would -- and you want to be critical of it to the point of denying it utterly Allow me to remark that this argument is not comprehensible, and I suspect it is abysmally unenlightened as well. Certainly it's a poor career being a public chew toy owing to being unable to appreciate improvements, and insisting on decrying improvements as offenses. But on their own testimony, so many Democratic partisans are just that dumb now. Dunning-Kruger effect.

That may be a nutshell explanation for public personalities Paul Krugman, the famous economist whose predictions have never been borne out, and Senator Charles Schumer, the genocide-friendly (he's gun-hostile) Jewish guy.

Team Donkey from its own words is knowable as Team Stupid; too stupid to trust with helming the republic or enhancing the economy. Their institutional suspicion of the making of wealth has been growing since the 1960's and is now rank, in both overgrowth and stink. Not satisfactory.

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 02-28-2020 at 03:05 AM.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:28 AM   #125
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Bruce, by his own testimony, is not a friend to a virtuous society.
Bruce is a known real world good guy. I know him by his actions. He is not someone who believes magical thinking will help people, he helps people. Adopt his ethic.
Old 02-29-2020, 09:08 AM   #126
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

Bruce is a known real world good guy.

I believe him to be sincerely well-intentioned.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:24 PM   #127
Urbane Guerrilla

I'll esteem him virtuous once he goes libertarian. But he will need to do that to do good politics rather than statist politics. It'll clue him about why I use "statist" as a swearword.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:35 PM   #128
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

And all this time I thought xoB was just another run-of-the-mill whacko extremist. Goes to show how appearances can be deceiving over the internet.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:43 PM   #129
Urbane Guerrilla

Whacko it outta the park, maybe!

The danger of the 'net is that as far as it is concerned, you are exactly what you say you are.
Old 02-29-2020, 04:25 PM   #130
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

But not what other people say you are, grandiloquent protestations to the contrary notwithstanding.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:09 PM   #131
fargon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Bruce is a known real world good guy. I know him by his actions. He is not someone who believes magical thinking will help people, he helps people. Adopt his ethic.
I am in complete agreement with Griff.
"Adopt his ethic." I have.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:36 AM   #132
Urbane Guerrilla

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
But not what other people say you are, grandiloquent protestations to the contrary notwithstanding.
Definitely not. Especially not when I'm the best at grandiloquence to be found here.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:54 PM   #133
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Definitely not. Especially not when I'm the best at grandiloquence pomposity to be found here.
FTFY
Old 03-10-2020, 03:15 AM   #134
alexmortone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post

Fucking Donald Trump. The left is responsible for this result.

)))
alexmortone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 02:10 PM   #135
Luce
Weaponized Funk

Quote:
I'll esteem him virtuous once he goes libertarian.
Sure, but you seem to be religious about it.