The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 05-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #46
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Good job! Getting enough food is always important. It was definitely better for you to skip a day rather than pass out - lol.

I am Done! The sports bra definitely helped. It is kind of a hard surface, but I always get sore feet. The inserts kind of helped, but with my old shoes - not the new ones. I am thinking of getting foam floor thingys from dick's to help.

I am using the word "definitely" way too much in this post - lol. I did compare today to the last time I did the Pylometric Cardio Circuit and I did do much better. Woohoo!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #47
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I was mentally and physically weary this morning, so I didn't work that hard but I did get to my Pure cardio. I have to credit my diligence to Bro. If I weren't thinking of her, I might've skipped. Thanks, Bro!

Do you have a foot condition, Bro? My friend suspected that I have plantar fasciitis (because her doc diagnosed her) when I developed severe foot pain some time back. Since then, I have switched to more comfortable shoes and put inserts in many of them. Whenever my foot ache, I would put ice on my foot. I found that this helps relieve the pain.

I was going to suggest you put some kind of buffer, be it a rug or "foam thingy," to exercise on. My concern was that it might slip or slide during your workout unless you can secure it somehow. Did you get the foam mat yet?

I'm glad you're feeling less tired doing the workouts. The first week is the hardest. Soon, you'll feel yourself getting stronger. Keep up the good work!
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #48
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Sundae: The "ski" exercises are good enough. You don't need to do any lunges or squats.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #49
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I think I'm pmsing because I've been feeling fatigue and depress. With only 8 days left to lose 1 1/2 in., I had to make myself go exercise. I couldn't push as hard as I normally do and took more breaks, but I did it. I did my plyometric cardio circuit and 90 squats.

Bro, how are your feet feeling with the inserts? I was trying to pay attention to see why would your calves and feet hurt so. I noticed that on some exercises, if you use the balls of you feet rather than landing on your heels more, your calves would be used more and hurt. As for your feet, I'll try to attention to that tomorrow. Wait, I mean on Sunday because I have cardio recovery tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #50
bbro

Lola - yay! Glad I could motivate you The inserts seemed to help a little, but my feet just got tired again. I think maybe I just need to work through it at see if it's just weak feet. It seems like my old shoes actually feel better with the inserts, oddly enough. I haven't bought the mats just yet. I think I might give it another week and see what happens.

Yesterday was my rest day, but it ended up with me going out and now I feel like crap. I think I may have to bow out today. I am just not feeling it. And I feel guilty! Now I want to exercise, but I just ate and I don't want to vomit. Actually thinking of doing two workouts tomorrow, now, for repentance - lol
Old 05-11-2013, 06:22 AM   #51
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Am finding the ski exercises easier.
May be ready for a squat challenge soon.
My thighs have always been my strong point; it's my knees that let me down.

I need to badger Mum to get us back doing the DVD workouts again.
We've both lost so much weight between us, and since Dad giving up the car she's more physically active. I bet we'll enjoy them more than we did.
Stretching and toning is so much easier when it doesn't involve hefting around weights of 15 stone plus.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #52
bbro

I have discovered that I am now hating this workout. I don't feel like I am getting anywhere. The warm up is a workout itself - not a warm up. A warm up doesn't immediately make your heart rate rocket. I can't even get through a warm up without stopping. My feet hurt constantly and I can't afford a doctor and their most likely expensive solutions or new shoes. I just really hate this and I cannot wait until the month is over. Back to the video....
Old 05-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #53
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Bro, if this workout isn't working for you and is giving you too much pain, perhaps it isn't for you. You should stop it before you get injured. Working out is supposed to help you get better, not worse. Stop now; I won't respect you any less. Everything you've bought can still be used for other exercises. For toning, I have Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred that I can make a copy for you. You can alternate this workout with walking. You still should see results if you eat right. Give it some serious thought then give me the word. I will burn you a copy and send it to you right away.

I did not get to my exercise today. I slept late and never made time for it.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #54
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Did cardio power and resistance today but with just movements to get blood flowing rather than a real workout. It's been a week and I haven't even lost a pound, so I need look at my diet and exercise and modify.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #55
bbro

Just wrote a whole thing and lost it

ANYWAY!

Starting up again. Decided that this weekend was a temper tantrum due to PMSing. Plus, I saw this bump. I am not sure how to pronounce it, but it spelled "muscle"? Know what that is?? Figures that I stopped right before Pure Cardio. I think the last time I did this, I was having issues with sore calves, so it will be interesting to see the difference when I have full motion and movement.

I am not expecting rapid weight loss with a routine as intense as this. I know it takes your body a while to get used to this type of exercise. I am going to focus on clothes and staying within my daily calories. If you are interested in tracking, Lola, I use a site called sparkpeople.com - that's how I know my correct calorie range.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #56
bbro

Pure Cardio is done - I was able to do 4 whole big girl push ups. Weird thing, even though I thought I was pushing it, I actually burned less calories than last time. Guess I wasn't pushing as hard as I thought.

My feet still hurt, but I think it might be getting better. I actually want to try with my previous shoes, but I can't use the inserts. Maybe I should wait until I do the recovery workout again.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #57
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Did pure cardio this morning, still the weak way though. I was feeling so bad yesterday that I didn't exercise. Will write more later.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #58
bbro

Lola - sorry you are still feeling bad. I missed today. Decided that seeing a friend that I haven't seen for a few months was more important. Ended up with an asthma attack, so karma kicked my ass. Gonna get back on the horse tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #59
bbro

Ignoring my update yesterday, I did NOT get back on the horse right away. Decided to take some time for the poor old lungs. I am actually moving the exercises around.

Today I am doing the Recovery workout instead of Pylometric. I can still get moving, but not put too much of a strain on my lungs that quickly. Tomorrow has to be another off day because I have an appt after work. Sat - back into the mix again.

Hope you are feeling better Lola!

Hope you are doing well, too, Sundae. One tip for the squats. Make sure your knees don't go further out than your toes. This will help protect them from being injured.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #60
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Thanks, Bro. I'm feeling better. Yesterday was rest day for me. I was going to go jogging anyways because I haven't lost that inch and a half to fit into my dress for the wedding Sunday. However, I became too busy. I managed to squeezed in a 30 mins. walk in the evening (I was too full to jog by then). Today, I went on a field trip with my nephew, so I couldn't exercise this morning. I did manage to get some exercise on my legs because I came to the farm early. They let me play ride the pedal car. The nice lady actually told me to go play because I won't be able to later when the kids play. She also complimented me by thinking I was about 23, 25 years old.

Bro, how do you know how much calories you're burning? What are you using to measure it? I want to find something to use too. By the way, I just remembered something. You can log on to their website and ask a trainer about the Insanity workout. I'm assuming you have the original dvds? They should put that info somewhere. Log on and tell them about your foot problem. Maybe they can come up with a good solution for you.