Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-23-2002, 12:38 AM   #46
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Nic Name
Cairo, can you please show us where you discovered that Lana Padilla is Jose Padilla's sister?
Hey, is there any chance that either is related to Manuel Padilla? (He played Jai on TV's Tarzan)
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 02:51 AM   #47
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

Hi Nic Name,
Lana Padilla was paid $20,000.00 to say the things she says, so I wouldn't credit her too much.
To ignore the obvious "dots" would be intellectual suicide.
Padilla is Lana's maiden name...her married name was also Nichols, but she dropped that in a heartbeat! These people change their name like underwear, so it's difficult to get a handle on the truth. I saw a document on another board verifying that Lana's mother is Jose's mother, but the mother has also changed her name many times...5 kids 4 different fathers, or something. I tried to run a search for that document, and it comes back costing money to access it...so I decided I don't need to know that badly.

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World that he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze
Cairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 03:04 AM   #48
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

Jaguar,
No, but when I read your stuff, the name Cleric in the Tribal area of Pakistan rings a bell.
Explain to me how loving ones Country destroys someone else?...Unless that "someone" is an Anti-American fanatic who wants to kill us!
Public information is collated into a single database that all authorities can access, instead of many bureaucratic bases that only certain Agencies(who don't like to share, and need to go back to kindergarten to learn)
Homeland Security streamlines and organizes the information they already have. Private information is kept with the private database. Example: your DMV records will be in the Homeland Security hub, but your banking accounts will not, they will remain in your banks database.

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World that he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze
Old 11-24-2002, 03:05 AM   #49
Nic Name
retired

Quote:
Padilla is Lana's maiden name...her married name was also Nichols, but she dropped that in a heartbeat!
I think the facts are that she divorced Nichols long before he became notorious. Whether she dropped it in a heartbeat or a heartache, you would know better than I. But it would seem appropriate not to keep it after she married another Mr. Padilla, as reported in the Wall Street Journal.

I don't know what other board you're getting your facts from, but it seems that the Wall Street Journal has the financial resources to confirm her story and the one you've come up with to connect the dots in this important story.

For a major newspaper to ignore a story like the one you've got figured out would be more than intellectual suicide.

I suggest you get in touch with the WSJ asap and see what your facts are worth. Imagine what they'd pay you for the facts in such an important story.

Last edited by Nic Name; 11-24-2002 at 02:02 PM.
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 04:43 AM   #50
jaguar
whig

Quote:
No, but when I read your stuff, the name Cleric in the Tribal area of Pakistan rings a bell.
I'd be insulted if it wasn't so stupid and you hadn’t done such a good job of vindicating my previously stated opinion, good job, keep it up and I’ll barely have to bother posting at all!

Quote:
Public information is collated into a single database that all authorities can access, instead of many bureaucratic bases that only certain Agencies(who don't like to share, and need to go back to kindergarten to learn)
So how about they get sent back to kindergarten? How about the reality is that it is more incompetence, arrogance and one-upmanship that cause these fuckups than a lack of information access. Yes your bank records would be kept at your bank, but they'd also be kept at this one big database, correct? I thought the idea was you could track everything a person did?

Quote:
Explain to me how loving ones Country destroys someone else?
Huh? As I said, are you familiar with the name Joe McCarthy?
Old 11-24-2002, 09:04 AM   #51
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by Cairo
Lana Padilla was paid $20,000.00 to say the things she says, so I wouldn't credit her too much.
You've yet to provide any reason why we should credit <b>you</b> very much.

Simply put, Nic Name thinks you're full of shit, and I agree with him. The myth has been debunked numerous times. Your argument doesn't hold water. Lana Padilla and Jose Padilla aren't related, and that's all there is to it.
Old 11-24-2002, 11:45 PM   #52
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

The WSJ didn't pay her $20,000.00, and I never said it did...you assume too much. Lana was paid to not implicate co-conspirators(ie:Jose Padilla) by her "broke" ex-husband Terry Nichols.
Think about it, Nichols leaves ~her~ a message saying,"You're on your own now, go for it!"...
makes no sense because Lana had been "on her own" for years. And "go for it"??? Go for what? No sense. However, if she was supposed to pass that message to Jose, what better way than announce it in court for the world to hear. And the message makes sense if it were from Nichols to Jose Padilla, bin Laden style, because as we found out recently Padilla did try to "go for it!" on his own!!!!
Even concluding(which I am not ready to do until I see proof) that there is no relation, you can not deny the connections.
Confining ones research to a major newspaper is, I think, what the Communists do...am I right?

Keyser Soze
Old 11-24-2002, 11:54 PM   #53
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

Jaguar,
You say,"I'll barely have to bother posting at all."
Great! Then we'll all be happy! To sum up your argument to me....you said, I can not defend or take responsibility for my positions, so I'll call you stupid....annnnd McCarthy!
Typical....pitiful, but typical.

Keyser Soze
Old 11-25-2002, 12:05 AM   #54
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

dave,
Seems you are doing exactly what you accuse me of doing!...Does that mean you are "full of shit" as well? Give some proof.
Simply put, how the @#$%!! do you know what Nic Name thinks? Speaking for other people is a signal that the speaker has no backbone to stand alone!

Keyser Soze
Old 11-25-2002, 12:34 AM   #55
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

<h3>Homeland Security cabinet level agency = bad idea</h3>
<a href="http://www.aclu.org/SafeandFree/SafeandFree.cfm?ID=11355&c=206">Holy crap , I agree with the ACLU! </a>

"Getting these rogue programs back in check is like trying to lasso a runaway train."

<a href="http://www.nydailynews.com/business/story/38068p-35915c.html"> Homeland a megamerger mess</a>

"The new super-sized security bureau could take years to fully put in place. And there's no assurance that we will be any safer than when we started."

<a href="http://www.aclu.org/Cyber-Liberties/Cyber-Liberties.cfm?ID=11332&c=58"> J. Edgar Ashcroft </a> "What are the dangers to a democracy of a national police organization, like the FBI, which operates secretly and is unresponsive to public criticism?" The essay question that pissed off Hoover. It was optional question number 7 on UC's 1959 English aptitude test for high school applicants

WASHINGTON - Ruling for the first time in its history, the ultra-secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review today gave the green light to a Justice Department bid to broadly expand its powers to spy on U.S. citizens.

"We are deeply disappointed with the decision, which suggests that this special court exists only to rubberstamp government applications for intrusive surveillance warrants," said Ann Beeson, litigation director of the Technology and Liberty Program of the American Civil Liberties Union.

"As of today," she said, "the Attorney General can suspend the ordinary requirements of the Fourth Amendment in order to listen in on phone calls, read e-mails, and conduct secret searches of Americans' homes and offices [and take notes of suspicious scratching]."

<h3> And another thing, where in the hell is the ACLU in defense of 2a issues? </h3>

Last edited by slang; 11-25-2002 at 05:43 AM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 01:16 AM   #56
jaguar
whig

If you can't see the link between patriotism and McCarthy and how it relates to this i'm clearly wasting my time here. I'm joining Xugumad he's depressingly correct. If anyone wants to contact me privately sharvari at optus dot net is the address> Have a nice circlejerk, I doubt i'll be sorely missed.
chow all.

Last edited by jaguar; 11-25-2002 at 01:19 AM.
jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 01:19 AM   #57
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

<h3>Thank you Cairo!!!</h3>

Last edited by slang; 11-25-2002 at 04:33 AM.
Old 11-25-2002, 04:20 AM   #58
Nic Name
retired

Slang, please calm yerself down a wee bit.

You have been in the Cellar only a few weeks and have contributed only 50 posts. It's a bit too early, don't you think, to be thanking Cairo, who arrived this week and has contributed 16 posts ... all but 2 of which are in this single thread.

I suspect we haven't heard the last of Mr. Jaguar, who has contributed 1751 posts over a couple of years and has earned his bones. Jag is a part of this community ... whether he likes it or not.

I'm prepared to cut him some slack for his hissy fit and make allowances for him cuz he's an Aussie. If he were to leave, he'd surely be missed by those of us who have disagreed with him more than by those who are more often agreeable.

Frankly, I'm not too worried about that happening anytime soon, anyway.

Slang, I suggest you stick around for another year or so and see who's still contributing to the Cellar.
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 05:15 AM   #59
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Slang, please calm yerself down a wee bit.
Ok Nic, I'm calm
Quote:
You have been in the Cellar only a few weeks and have contributed only 50 posts. It's a bit too early, don't you think, to be thanking Cairo, who arrived this week and has contributed 16 posts ... all but 2 of which are in this single thread.
I'm not sure what you are saying here. I was thanking Cairo for pushing Jag out of this thread.
Quote:
I suspect we haven't heard the last of Mr. Jaguar, who has contributed 1751 posts over a couple of years and has earned his bones. Jag is a part of this community ... whether he likes it or not.
I dont doubt this for a minute and I dont want him to stop posting here. I do think he has some very insightful things to say. It's his delivery that makes people want him to disappear. He believes that he is the smartest human being ever to walk the earth and yet doesn't understand why people think he's an ass. It's the delivery stupid!!! It's the sarcasm stupid!!! It's the assumption that your info is 100% right and all others are incorrect stupid!!! That's why I completely ignore his posts, even when I agree with him. There are a few people that I have recieved from feedback from after making my points. Very few agree with me but I can respect their opinions and the way they reply. Not Jag though, hes an ass. He's cutting even when you are trying to agree with him. Am I the only one that thinks that?
Quote:
I'm prepared to cut him some slack for his hissy fit and make allowances for him cuz he's an Aussie. If he were to leave, he'd surely be missed by those of us who have disagreed with him more than by those who are more often agreeable.
That's your right, I dont have a problem with that. I will just continue to ignore him and try learn and explain as I have been. I'm interested in dealing with people that want to debate and have fun. Most people here do too, not all, but most.
Quote:
Slang, I suggest you stick around for another year or so and see who's still contributing to the Cellar.
See who's contributing sharp cutting commentary? And consistently pissing people off? I dont doubt that. I heard about this asshead looooong before I became a member here. But I will respect your direction. I do respect you personally also. I will continue to ignore him and make an honest effort to bring a different perspective to the cellar and maybe some humor too.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:22 AM   #60
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

I just found the ignore list. Life is good.