The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #121
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Badelaide, Baustralia
Posts: 12,861
Well he didn't use to believe in dog.

ETA: come to think of it, it doesn't make sense to me either. Never mind.
__________________
Shut up and hug. MoreThanPretty, Nov 5, 2008.
Just because I'm nominally polite, does not make me a pussy. Sundae Girl.
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:10 AM   #122
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in the house and on the street
Posts: 18,130
Who does that dog think he is, Jesus?

No, he thinks he's Rin Tin tin

(Recycled Arnold Palmer joke)
__________________
the internet is a hateful stew of vomit you can never take completely seriously? - Her Fobs
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #123
glatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 26,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Who does that dog think he is, Jesus?
He just thinks he's a Good Shepherd.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #124
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Posts: 21,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Supposedly a before-and-after of an intersection in Joplin, Mo. I have my doubts.

Unbelievable.

Attachment 35888
Wow. How depressing.
__________________
Anyone but the this most fuked up President in History in 2012!
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #125
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 37,543
Apologies for leaving the pic a little big, but, it's an awesome pic. (It lost some sharpness in the conversion to <175kb)

Better, full-size version over at Wikipedia.

This ain't Seth, or, Richie. This is Gold Dust Gecko, and Gold Dust Gecko don't give a shit.
Name:  Gold Dust Gecko.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  177.6 KB
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #126
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 37,543
Plastic boat, frigid temps, gnarly whitewater, ~50-75 foot drop into said frigid whitewater...

Name:  kayakwaterfallplunge.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  117.5 KB

Pass.
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:30 AM   #127
glatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 26,955
Just pulling numbers out of thin air, I'd guess there's about a 95% chance that you wouldn't die doing that waterfall thing. Which means there's a 5% chance you would die. I'll pass too.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #128
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Badelaide, Baustralia
Posts: 12,861
Well water that is frothy and bubbly and swirling is (I've read) softer on impact than still water.

Which just means you go through and hit the rocks.

Seriously, as Glatt points out, that is basically Russian Roulette. Or natural selection in action. I'll just watch, thanks.
__________________
Shut up and hug. MoreThanPretty, Nov 5, 2008.
Just because I'm nominally polite, does not make me a pussy. Sundae Girl.
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #129
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 37,543
I'm wondering how he got such huge balls in such a tiny boat.
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #130
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 37,543
From Nat'l Geographic's Pics of the Year:

First pic just breaks my heart. Flooding (in Asia I think)
Name:  bp29.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  117.8 KB
Name:  bp49.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  50.5 KB
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #131
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 37,543
Had to resize these:
Name:  bp29rthrt.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  108.1 KB
Name:  bp50.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  132.2 KB



This is the NatGeo Photo of the Year Contest winning entry. It won Best Nature Photo as well as the overall Best Photo of 2011. A dragonfly in a rainstorm.

Entitled "Splashing".
Name:  Splashing.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  51.5 KB

Amazing.
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 AM   #132
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 37,543
****CORRECTION****

I think all those pictures but the dragon fly actually came from Boston.com's The Big Picture, '50 Best Photos From The Natural World'.

Sorry for any confusion.
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #133
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 37,543
Name:  Capturedfzdfdf.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  23.9 KB

Just cuz I like Jack.
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #134
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Central...KY that is
Posts: 37,543
Light trails from departing (arriving?) plane(s?)...

Name:  plane_trails_9999.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  20.2 KB
__________________


These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #135
glatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 26,955
awesome! Really clear and crisp.

Looks like just one plane. It's landing, because you can clearly see the forward facing "headlights" on the wing tips. And the central dots from the strobes.

And you can see he was descending too fast, so he flew level for a while. It looks really steep, but I think that's telephoto lens compression.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.