The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 02-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Skyrim

I'm a little bit addicted. I'm at work, and I'm watching youtube videos of other people paying it. I think I may have a problem.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Flint
Snowflake

I'm scared to even watch videos of it. I can't imagine how awesome it must be.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hahahhahaha...lmao! I have another tab open and it's at Kongregate games. I'd clicked on what's probably a sucky game about building an iceville, and I started watching this video and forgot the beginning of the game was on the other tab. It has this goofy little soundtrack, all bubbly and chirpy...and I thought what a strange pick for background music for what I thought was this Skyrim. I'm watching these beasts fight and hearing music that's supposed to go with a kid's game, really.

Guess you had to be here. Cracked me up.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Spencer and I are leveling my Breton warrior mage.... He insists that I should join the thieves guild. He it's level 27, I'm 12...so I'm letting him drive...

I'd rather be killing dragons than skulking about pick pocketing, but hey....
Old 02-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Old 02-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
Flint
Snowflake

Warrior, mage, theif? Wow, I like to, you know, specialize.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Yeah...i always find myself dabbling in this and that with this type of game...

I've spent some time advancing my pick pocketing skill, enchanting, smithing, speech, two hand and single hand weaponry...

I want to further the main quest, while spencer prefers to go on side quests and make money...
Old 02-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
I'm at work, and I'm watching youtube videos of other people paying it.
Hah! That's only slightly better than watching people fish or play poker on TV.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #9
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Elder Scrolls MMORPG is coming!

Oh man ohmanohmanohman!

This is gonna be really cool.
Name:  screen610.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  80.5 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Informer

Long rumored and much anticipated, The Elder Scrolls Online is finally being unveiled in the June issue of Game Informer. In this month's cover story we journey across the entire land of Tamriel, from Elsweyr to Skyrim and everywhere in between.

Developed by the team at Zenimax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online merges the unmatched exploration of rich worlds that the franchise is known for with the scale and social aspects of a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Players will discover an entirely new chapter of Elder Scrolls history in this ambitious world, set a millennium before the events of Skyrim as the daedric prince Molag Bal tries to pull all of Tamriel into his demonic realm.

"It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years," said game director and MMO veteran Matt Firor, whose previous work includes Mythic's well-received Dark Age of Camelot. "The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."

An in-depth look at everything from solo questing to public dungeons awaits in our enormous June cover story – as well as a peek at the player-driven PvP conflict that pits the three player factions against each other in open-world warfare over the province of Cyrodiil and the Emperor's throne itself.

watch the trailer
Old 05-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #10
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

The only MMORPG I've played is Dark Age of Camelot. This is by the same folks. I liked that game, and I had a shitty laptop that was laggy and choppy. I may never see the sun again.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #11
Ibby
erika

Very wary, as the only MMOs I have any experience with were all ruined, not enhanced, by letting anyone - and therefore the average internet-game-player - into the system. MMO players are barely a step above youtube commenters, to me. But maybe they'll design it well enough to not be inherently fucked up by the players - I have at least a little hope it'll go well.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
Very wary, as the only MMOs I have any experience with were all ruined, not enhanced, by letting anyone - and therefore the average internet-game-player - into the system. MMO players are barely a step above youtube commenters, to me. But maybe they'll design it well enough to not be inherently fucked up by the players - I have at least a little hope it'll go well.
As a World of Warcraft player, I find it helps to turn off all the general chats and minimize interactions with other players that aren't absolutely necessary. I came to find the slightly more cerebral players tend to find each other and come together after filtering out all the rabble. It also helps if you hang out with people you know and tolerate in real life.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #13
Flint
Snowflake

I built a Pandora channel based on the criteria of Dimmu Borgir, Cryptopsy, DragonForce, and Symphony X.

A few hours out of the gate and it plays me The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Original Game Soundtrack. How ƒucking awesome is that?

Pandora, I love you again. And it's not just because I bought a mini-jack-to-cassette adapter for my '02 Honda.