The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #11
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The one thing that did happen was that the shop ran into its eBay seller limit: $12000 per month. They have to wait until the 22nd to call eBay again to raise this limit.

In the weeks that I've been there, my average is $3500 per 7 hour day eBaying items. I generally go through about one item in 20 minutes, taking pictures and such.

By hosting images on my own server I have proven to be a big benefit to the owner. eBay charges for additional image hosting; I do it for free and thus save the shop a few bucks each day.

Today the most interesting item to me was a year old Dell laptop, 14" screen that should fetch about $300. Having run a bunch of laptops through eBay, I find now that I would not want a 15.6" screen as people are all going these days. 14" is fine and it saves on battery life.

Also I would never buy such a thing new. My gawd I have seen some perfectly good items go through my fingers at this point. Some of them there was nothing wrong and in fact, for the 14" Dell laptop, there is even some factory warranty left so if the item arrives wrong you can fix it via Dell for free.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote