The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 01-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

c/ds' you would like to buy next

Please list cover photo, excerpt or reasons why the next c/d you will buy appeals to you.

I have a few c/ds I would like to buy but I just found the new B.B. King c/d released 8-2008.

This one appeals to me because he is still going strong, I like covers and haven't listened to blues for quite a while.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
soulkat9
Alphabetarian

Dave matthews band new album coming out because their saxophonist recently died and I want to see if they still have the soul and the feel of Dave Matthews Band with out him. RIP Leroi
soulkat9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
skysidhe

I didn't realize there had been a death. Thanks for bringing it to attention.

I've listened to DMB off and on through the years and I respect a band that puts in classical or brass pieces into their music.

I went to the DMB official website and found this mention about the c/d you want and Leroi.

As part of a continual effort to celebrate the life and memory of our friend and brother, founding DMB member LeRoi Moore, we are releasing his last concert performance as the next Live Trax volume. LeRoi performed his last Dave Matthews Band show on June 28, 2008 at Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, VA, not far from his Charlottesville home. Proceeds from the sales will be donated by Dave Matthews Band in LeRoi’s memory to the Charlottesville Music Resource Center and the Boys and Girls Club of Charlottesville-Albemarle, among other charitable organizations which best reflect LeRoi’s spirit and passions.

Highlights of the Nissan show include the acoustic version of The Space Between, a song that had not been played live since 04. Sledgehammer made its live debut at the Nissan show, afterwards becoming a favorite on summer tour set lists. Other highlights include the ever-passionate Don’t Drink the Water, a tight version of So Damn Lucky followed by The Dreaming Tree; Boyd’s jam on Louisiana Bayou and LeRoi and Rashawn’s jam on Anyone Seen the Bridge are also noteworthy. The show ended with another summer tour favorite, Sly and the Family Stone’s Thank You (Falletin Me Be Mice Elf Agin).

06.28.08 Nissan Pavilion at Stone Ridge, Bristow, VA is available for Pre-Order until Friday March 20th at 3:00 p.m. ET and is available as a 2-CD set or as a digital download in MP3 or FLAC format for a Special Pre-Order only price. We are also offering the 2-CD set with a T shirt in chocolate featuring the flower sax logo on the front and Fire Dancers with lotus flower logo on the back. The flower sax image was originally used on the final show poster of the 2008 Summer Tour to celebrate LeRoi's birthday. Volume 14 may also be pre-ordered at a discount with Live Trax volumes 10-13.

Last edited by skysidhe; 02-01-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
skysidhe

There's always a c/d I SAY I want to buy but I don't rather waiting to buy individual tracts off itunes or rhapsody.

This c/d I really AM buying. I LOVE the rock music played classical style

Old 02-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

Nice choice sky, going to be picking that up myself. Got turned onto Iron Horse recently, their covering of a Modest Mouse album specifically:

I like covers as well, especially when it's a whole different genre of music and it actually works.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
skysidhe

I looked them up. Got to love a cover band

Thanks for sharing them. I had heard of Iron Horse but never explored their music before. I also looked up Modest Mouse on my space who I have never heard before either. I like them!
They are reminiscent of 80's MTV when it was actually good.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 AM   #7
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulkat9 View Post
Dave matthews band new album coming out because their saxophonist recently died and I want to see if they still have the soul and the feel of Dave Matthews Band with out him. RIP Leroi
Yea, we went and saw DMB live in Charleston, SC on 4 July, 4 days after Leroi's accident. Tim Reynolds played with them as well which was an unannounced treat. Jeff Coffin from Béla Fleck and the Flecktones stepped in with no more than a few days notice and you would have thought they had played together for years. It was just an amazing performance by Coffin on such short notice. I am sure Leroi will be sorely missed but Coffin more than fills his shoes from a musical standpoint.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/...atthews-b.html

Tags
music