The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-06-2017, 08:19 PM   #1126
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Mr Warmth, cool at last.

RIP.

I watched him deliver roasts in several videos in a recent youtube expedition. He was gifted. It's worth watching them again (or for the first time for the youngsters out there).
Old 04-07-2017, 12:30 AM   #1127
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

He was a Master Insultician.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:02 PM   #1128
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

RIP J Geils

Quote:
John Warren Geils Jr., lead guitarist and co-founder of the J. Geils Band, was found dead Tuesday (April 11) in his Groton, Massachusetts, home. He was 71.
Groton Police went to Geils' home for a simple well-being check, but he was found to be unresponsive and was declared dead at the scene. Foul play wasn't suspected, and preliminary investigations suggest Geils died of natural causes, according to police.
Peter Wolf, the J. Geils' Band's longtime vocalist, shared a brief message on his Facebook page: "Thinking of all the times we kicked it high and rocked down the house! R.I.P. Jay Geils."
Old 04-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #1129
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Man, I used to love "Centerfold". That's a great old song.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:35 AM   #1130
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Aw shit, man, Joanie died! Erin Moran dead at 56.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:48 AM   #1131
glatt

Well, that's sad.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #1132
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Cause of death should be interesting, re: "hard partying ways".

ETA: I just read it: “likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer.”

Also: "no illegal narcotics were found at the residence".

Last edited by Gravdigr; 04-24-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:26 PM   #1133
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
ETA: I just read it: “likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer.”

Also: "no illegal narcotics were found at the residence".
Stage 4 cancer. No illegal narcotics. That's a damn shame.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:41 AM   #1134
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Old 04-27-2017, 01:49 AM   #1135
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Director Jonathan Demme, dead at 73.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:38 AM   #1136
Snakeadelic
Banned

Next up is probably gonna be actress Charlotte Rae, who at 91 has just been diagnosed with bone cancer and who is already a VERY rare survivor of pancreatic cancer.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:06 PM   #1137
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Her birthday was just a week or so ago.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:46 AM   #1138
Snakeadelic
Banned

Michael Parks, character actor, most familiar to my generation as a number of dudes named Earl McGraw in a bunch of Tarantino movies--From Dusk Til Dawn, the Kill Bills...I haven't seen most of his IMDb credits, but he'd been around a LONG time.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0662981/?ref_=tt_cl_t11
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:40 PM   #1139
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I remember him:

Name:  mp.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  19.8 KB

He's that guy, who was in that thing.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:22 AM   #1140
Griff
still says videotape

Chris Cornell- eleven days older than me and a lot more talented. I really liked Soundgarden and Temple of the Dog, but loved Audioslave. Audioslave was crucial for getting me through a kinda terrible job I needed to find my career path. Cranking CC while inputting data made it bearable. I will miss his amazing pipes.

Tags
bought the farm, dead not loved, famous corpses, karked it, kicked the bucket, pining for the fjords, pushing up the daisies, roadkill, sleeps with the fishes, taking a dirt nap, the dead zone, worm food