The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-15-2009, 12:42 AM   #1351
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

That's very interesting, Glatt, now go and take Mrs Glatt out for dinner before she gets insecure.

Okay, back to the trains.

Of course we all know the Freudian sketch of mental structure with the Id, the Ego and the Superego, but just in case I'll give a quick rehash here.
The Id is the set of basic desires for food, pleasure, sex, ego gratification etc etc.
The Superego is the moralising regulator that controls and often forbids access to these pleasures.
The Ego is the mediator and compromise between the two, that tries to satisfy the Id without getting hassled by the Superego too much.

Id = Troublesome Trucks.
Superego = Fat Controller.
Ego = Thomas the Tank Engine.
Thomas is frequently caught between the strict demands of the Fat Controller who orders him to push the Troublesome Trucks around in specific ways, and the Trucks who are always up to self-indulgent mischief. Thomas is often frazzled trying to reconcile these conflicting forces.
There are some claims that one of the reasons that Thomas appeals to kids so much is that they can relate to his situation. Or maybe it is just that little boys like talking trains. Or else that they look like willies, especially when they go into tunnels.

ETA. Ducks is right. I do know some weird shit.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #1352
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Name:  999.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  23.7 KB
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 AM   #1353
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

I just made an appointment to take our other dog in for teeth cleaning and to have a couple removed. Poor guy will have a sore mouth for a day or so, but at least he won't have to pay for the procedure.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #1354
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Dogs can't pay bills anyway. No pockets. No money.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #1355
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

And that's not the only thing he's missing - [hint: I can't pimp him out for stud services to recover the money]
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #1356
glatt

They put up a trapeze school in the parking lot across the street from my office last week. I keep forgetting to bring my damn camera to work with me. The squeals of terror coming from one student at the school yesterday afternoon were amusing. It's all right out there in the open where you can watch.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #1357
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I have bad mouth-hunger.
I want to eat and eat and eat and eat (you get the picture, I'm tired of typing it far sooner than I'd be tired of eating and eating and eating etc)

I am NOT hungry.
My belly is satiated.
But my mouth is raging.

Argh.
Stupid brain.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #1358
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

...Barry White playing in background......

......Capnhowdy peters out......

.....does not post.....
Old 06-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #1359
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
...Barry White playing in background......
.....Capnhowdy's peter's out....
Indeed?

Am fed up with waiting for a cheque with my tax return.
It's so unfair.
Lousy tax office holding onto my money.

Ditto National Insurance too for good measure.
And neither are contactable by telephone.

Meanies.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #1360
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Today is going so slowly.
And more to come tomorrow I fear.

I don't know, I'm just really out of sorts.
I've tried to pin down why, exactly, but I think it's just today's mood.

I feel life is pointless and I have nothing especially to live for.
Not suicidal as such, just buried under terrible ennui and with no appetite for the future.

I honestly cannot think of anything I can do tomorrow, except go for a walk, and I feel my brain has been wrung out of any interesting walking possibilities already this week - I've been out for an hour most days. I can't even just shrug it off and sit in the garden as it's going to be showery all morning. And I went to the library as today's outing, so that's already ticked off the list.

BIG sigh.

Sunday is Father's Day, and we are going out for a Spanish meal at 13.00.
I am looking forward to it, but it's one of those awful occasions where as it gets closer, any genuine enthusiasm feels more like dread. All I really want to do is sleep, but that never comes these days.

On Monday I'll at least have some money, although all of it is earmarked for bills and catfood/ litter. But at least it will be a change, some reason for being in town. And I weigh-in of course, which gives me something else to do.

Tuesday I'm at Oasis for most of the day (okay, three hours in real terms) - counselling then acupuncture then group. Even if I don't quite feel A's enthusiasm for it, "It'll be a great day!" No, a great day would be a trip to Alton Towers, not 3 hours at Oasis... but I bowed to her enthusiasm, she's a positive influence. And then I'm off to the doctors, so it's a hair-raising schedule.

Wednesday, Mum & Dad leave for 2 weeks housesitting. Which I am both looking forward to and dreading. This might even be the reason for my current mood. I'll have a new prescription of Trazadone, so at least I can double that up and sleep for a week. But what will I do on my own? Will I be able to stick to a schedule? Will I drink?

And a week after that is my birthday. I'll be as much on my own as every previous year. All the disadvantages of living with parents without the one clear advantage of waking up on your birthday and someone else knowing about it. Never mind - I'm going to meet them for lunch, so that's better than most. I know what I'm going to wear as well, which helps. But it pours down!

Maybe I'll shave my legs tomorrow.
Nothing like the high life, eh.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #1361
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Hang in there Cherry. Do you like to read, write, paint, draw? Maybe check out the second hand stores? Rent some really awful movies that you can't watch when they're around? I know you'll make it - if you run out of ideas, you know we love it when you post photos from your neck of the woods, so feel free to snap some pics to share!!!

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #1362
monster
I hear them call the tide

Top Gun is a Great Movie.

that is all
Old 06-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #1363
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

So you're a screen-whore as well as a post-whore, eh?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #1364
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

So, I don't know exactly how many of you have teenage boys, but I've got one who's nearly a teenager, and this morning he was sitting on the mat in the loungeroom playing with Max and he farted (I was sitting about 5 feet away), and he turned to me and said, "Did you hear that Mum?" Apparently he was very proud of it judging by the level of excitement in his voice...then he had to move. It smelled.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #1365
FuglyStick
No Redeeming Qualities

passin' through...
FuglyStick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dum, oh the whorror