The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 07-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #1471
GunMaster357
Professor

Just found this one.

http://www.videobash.com/photo_show/...-kid-sign-6990

Looks like a good idea, no ?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #1472
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Add in a drum set, and yeah!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #1473
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

"I'm your ice cream man
Shoot me as I'm passing by..."

http://www.whiotv.com/news/28527938/detail.html
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #1474
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Calif. woman Catherine Kieu Becker cut off husband's penis, put it in garbage disposal
Quote:
Southern California woman Catherine Kieu Becker drugged her estranged husband, tied him to a bed, cut off his penis and put it through a garbage disposal, police said Tuesday.

Becker, 48, was arrested on charges of aggravated mayhem, false imprisonment, assault with a deadly weapon, administering a drug with intent to commit a felony, poisoning and spousal abuse.

According to police, Becker put drugs into food and served it to the victim shortly before the Monday night attack in Garden Grove, a city about 30 miles south of Los Angeles.

After the 51-year-old man lost consciousness, Becker allegedly tied the victim's arms and legs to the bed with rope, removed his clothes and attacked him with a 10-inch kitchen knife as he awoke.

"He was conscious when his penis was removed," said Garden Grove police Lt. Jeff Nightengale.

Nightengale says Becker put the penis in the garbage disposal and turned it on.

According to CBS station KCBS, Becker called 911 and told responding officers that her husband, whose name has not been released, "deserved it."

When paramedics arrived, they found the man still tied to the bed and bleeding profusely.

The victim underwent surgery and was in serious condition at the University of California at Irvine Medical Center in Orange County. Nightengale said the man is expected to survive.

Becker, whose bail was set at $1 million, is due in court Wednesday.

The couple is going through a divorce, reports KCBS.
Link

ORLY?
Old 07-14-2011, 12:55 AM   #1475
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

"Now honey, don't get snippy."

"I'll show you snippy!"
Old 07-14-2011, 06:14 AM   #1476
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Please don't touch my strainer....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14135523
Old 07-14-2011, 06:52 AM   #1477
TheMercenary

Near my house.

http://www.wtoc.com/story/15078207/g...till-out-there
Old 07-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #1478
classicman

Austrian Man Wins Right To Wear Pasta Strainer In License Photo

Quote:
In Austria one of the strangest fights for religious freedom has come to an end: Niko Alm, a self-described "Pastafarian," fought for three years for the right to wear a pasta strainer on his head in his driver's license photo.

His argument? Alm claimed he belonged to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and wearing the strainer was part of his religion.

The BBC reports:

Mr Alm's pastafarian-style application for a driving licence was a response to the Austrian recognition of confessional headgear in official photographs.

The licence took three years to come through and, according to Mr. Alm, he was asked to submit to a medical interview to check on his mental fitness to drive but - straining credulity - his efforts have finally paid off.

It is the police who issue driving licences in Austria, and they have duly issued a laminated card showing Mr. Alm in his unorthodox item of religious headgear.

The AFP reports that Alm now wants to apply for "Pastafarianism to become an officially recognised faith in Austria."

If you want more, Alm detailed his fight on his blog.
Link
Old 07-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #1479
classicman

Cleanup In Lane Three
Quote:
JULY 20--An Indiana couple is facing public indecency charges after they allegedly had sex for 30 minutes Sunday afternoon in a community pool while dozens of witnesses, including children, watched the illicit aquatic action.

Connersville Police Department officers were summoned to the Roberts Park Family Aquatic Center (seen at right) after pool patrons complained to the facility’s manager.

Cops initially issued no trespass orders to Myron Helms, 33, and Victoria Cross, 40, but prosecutors yesterday decided to charge the pair with the misdemeanor indecency count.

Pool manager Cindy Schwab told cops that she walked up behind Helms and Cross “when she realized what they were doing,” according to a Connersville Police Department report. After telling the pair to stop, Schwab said that Cross moved away from Helms, which was when “she could see the male’s penis.”

The police report states that one concerned adult stood near the trysting couple “to make sure her children didn’t get too close to the subjects.” Additionally, cops noted, “All the witnesses were visibly disturbed by the incident.” While it is unclear what drove the couple to allegedly engage in public fornication, the heat wave gripping the country’s mid-section has forced many sweltering Americans to seek a cool, watery respite.

Helms, who works as a reserve officer with the neighboring Laurel City Police Department, has been suspended without pay due to the Connersville incident.

In light of the Helms-Cross coupling, municipal workers added additional chemicals to the pool and recycled its water.
Hmm, I wonder about the context of the word "disturbed"

Link
Old 07-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #1480
classicman

Quote:
(CBS/What's Trending) - They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but does that saying apply to things you can't actually see? This week a woman purchased an invisible piece of artwork for the hefty price of $10,000 from the Museum of Non-Visible Art.

Backed (somewhat unsurprisingly) by actor James Franco, the museum specializes in selling pieces of art that are only imagined by the artists: Instead of a painting or sculpture, buyers receive a simple card with the artist's name, the work's title and specific instructions to describe the artwork to admirers however they'd like.

While some may have $10,000 to drop on invisible art, starting your own collection doesn't have to be as expensive or even half as bizarre. We've collected some of the best ways to start a personal gallery, celebrate art and maybe even get involved yourself.
link
Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #1481
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Victoria Cross?

I guess if you're going to ball in a pub(l)ic pool, you deserve a medal...

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #1482
Scriveyn
amnesic-confabulatory opsimath

"... dozens of witnesses, including children, watched" and "felt disturbed" for 30 minutes
Scriveyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #1483
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Connorsville Indiana is infamous for being the Dilaudid capitol of the midwest.

maybe they were high.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #1484
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

OK....just what have folks been eating in Australia?

ROCKHAMPTON, Australia - A man from the Royal Australian Air Force suffered life-threatening third-degree burns after a portaloo exploded Monday at an airport Down Under -- an incident connected to an ongoing US-led military exercise in the area, The Courier-Mail reported.Officials believe the man was using the portable toilet (also known as a port-a-potty) at Rockhampton Airport, in the state of Queensland, when he lit a cigarette. "There was some sort of explosion," a Department of Community Safety spokeswoman said. "He suffered burns to his head, face, arms, chest and airways."

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offb...#ixzz1TL5O91bX
Old 07-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #1485
TheMercenary

Methane, would be my guess.