The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Got one yesterday from 965-000-4775. What the fuck is that? How is that a legitimate number?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #17
glatt

I replied earlier that we aren't getting these annoying calls, but yesterday when I was home with the sick lad, we got a few. So I want to change my answer.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #18
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

I've been getting the calls where they don't say anything when you answer. Weird and very annoying.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #19
chrisinhouston
Professor

I get a few each month on my cell phone and most are the same type. Today it was from a 424 area code which is California, were I have family so I answered it. It was a recording telling me how this was MY LAST CHANCE to lower my credit card interest (oh yes, right!!!) and I should just dial 1 if I want to speak to someone. So I did and I get my call answered but it is evident it is some kind of phone bank and the guy who answered my call is having a chat with his phone bank buddy. I get his attention and he starts his script. I interrupt and tell him I am on the Federal DNCL and he is breaking the law by calling me and to remove me from the list. He replies, "Oh that's great and this is not a solicitation!" and hangs up.

I think from now on I am just not going to answer any calls from any number I don't know.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote