The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #1711
Yznhymr
the crowd goes wild!

Anyone had a tubal reversal in their 40s then have a successful pregnancy?
"The pride system tends to intensify the self-hate against which it is supposed to be a defense, since any failure to live up to one's tyrannical shoulds or of the world to honor one's claims leads to feelings of worthlessness." Bernard J. Paris, Ph.D.
Yznhymr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #1712
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

I've heard of it but understand it can be more difficult after a reversal. In my case, they would have to put stuff back and I ain't having that!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #1713
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Happy Belated Birthday to me, and Congratulations to me on the promotion/raise I got today! WooHoo! (Sorry, just needed a pat on the back, figured I'd find one here...been scarce around here, since I passed my test...Love and miss you guys!!!)

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #1714
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Congrats and belated happy day to you!

That test is a bear - isn't it?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #1715
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Yeah - studying for my 66 and 6 now......

Old 02-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #1716
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Glutton for punishment you are.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #1717
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Straight up glutton. Hence the desire for more raises and promotions! Been working for two different offices altely, half day here, half day there - Lots more work, but worth it to put food on the table.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #1718
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Congrats on the promotion, Queen!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 AM   #1719
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Making my last sandwich for my Grandad today.
I'll kinda miss it.
My parents have more money than time (without having a lot of money!) But the last ten days I've made time to make Grandad a sandwich every day, and a little treat, and gone and had a cup of tea with him about 4 o' clock.

I know he has appreciated it. Okay, my ironing is nowhere near as good as Mum's. And I don't do a million other things she does that he would miss. But at the obvious end of things he has really enjoyed.

The only thing I feel bad about is that I haven't done it before. When you're drinking you have far better ways to fill your time than looking after other people.

Cooked up some stuffing last night, so he's having chicken & stuffing & lettuce. Ironically, he might not even enjoy it! He likes really simple sandwiches (which is why he's not getting Caesar Salad). Big hits this week have been egg - yes, just egg and salt - tinned red salmon and cucumber, cheese & tomato and sliced liver sausage.

Oh, I don't think I've said yet - I start volunteering at a local primary school on Friday. Two days a week - Friday and Monday. Working in the role of a teaching assistant. And yes, I told them up front about Amsterdam - I have three working days before I go, enough to get into the swing of things.

Happy and nervous. I bought some clothes from eBay all ready for the experience. Will have to post a pic of me in teacher gear!
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:20 AM   #1720
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Happy Birthday Queenie!

@ Sundae: the volunteering sounds really cool. I can totally see you that role.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #1721
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Thanks Dana!
And I'd love to have you as a TA Cherry. You'd make me smile and brighten my school day.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #1722
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Sounds fun S.G volunteering at a school!

I bought a budget friendly bare root Josephs coat climbing rose for $3.99. It is soaking in a bath right now.

I decided on a maple vine for an empty area where I've been wanting to plant a tree. The maple vines are truly beautiful. The vine I am thinking about grows small and narrow and is more hardy than the Japanese maple.This one in particular has red bark.

There is a tree farm near by. They sell grafts for $14
I am not really sure what a graft is compared to a 2 gallon. When the time comes I will ask.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #1723
monster
I hear them call the tide

A graft means they have grafted the business end of the plant onto the roots of a plant which (usually) has stronger and faste growing roots).

2-gallon is the size of the pot the plant comes in (and indicates the size of the rootball)

I did 110 roller-coaster inversions on my recent florida trip and Hebe just swam an awesome 100 breaststroke -dropped 11 seconds- and made the cut for Junior Olympics next weekend.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #1724
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Thanks monster. I'm curious to see one.
and
woo hoo thumbs up for Hebe.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #1725
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I didn't want to create a thread in technology for this, but randomly complain about my experience with the Smartpen as shown in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF11--7iN40

I bought 2 and neither worked, they did not record at all, not in audio or on the page....After trying to spend several hours with customer service trying to update the software and unable to uninstall the accounts created on their internet platforms and 4 days of returning and exchanging the item....It would not record...I loved it so. I held on to much hope.....

What did work that was cool outside of the major functions that were supposed to work that did not?

I was able to draw keys to a piano on the smart paper and actually play the keys, with audio notes pouring out of the pen. Cool!

I was also able to use a small portion of the translator option as it was a demo, and write in English, I was able to hear the word in the corresponding language Cantonese etc...after writing the word. Awesome qualities to the Smartpen...

Smartpen- I hope you are functional some day! I read the online bulletin board for the product. Unfortunately I was not the only one experiencing issues not only with the product, but with support.

Tags
dum, oh the whorror