The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 05-15-2003, 02:08 PM   #1
dave

The Matrix Reloaded

Well, it was pretty damn good. I'm not going to spoil anything for you, but I will say a couple of things.

First, the flying wasn't overdone, and it was done well. That was a huge concern of mine, but it was not an issue at all.

A lot of people have complained about the story. Looking at the whole picture (the movie as a part of a trilogy), I think it fits together rather well. It won't make much sense if you haven't seen the first one, but you will probably enjoy the action. If you have seen the first one and can anticipate the third one, then you'll be satisfied with what is basically a bridge from The Matrix to The Matrix Revolutions. However, it is an essential bridge. Enough is covered here that the third installment cannot possibly make much sense without it. If you've seen the first, miss this one and see the third... well, I can't imagine how confused you'll be. Needless to say, the story is fine.

The action is <b>superb</b>.

The movie is extremely well done and very enjoyable. You'll probably like it.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:57 PM   #2
ScottSolomon
Coronation Incarnate

Location: On the skin of a tiny planet in an obscure galaxy in a lackluster corner of the universe.
I saw it and was blown away.

My mom saw it and was completely confised by everything. She was confused by the first Matrix, too. Most of my friends could not understand anything the Architect said, but I found that part of the story to be very enlightening and cool.

Bertrand Russell

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

George Orwell
ScottSolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 11:17 PM   #3
Sperlock
Elite Elitist

Thumbs up

I just saw it and enjoyed it, though I thought the after speech Zion scene went longer than necessary.

I have an idea of what is going on, but I'll just have to wait and see. Thankfully I don't have to wait years for the answer.

Oh, and be sure to stay through all the credits.
Old 05-17-2003, 11:56 AM   #4
Torrere
a real smartass

I wasn't all that impressed with the beginning, and I didn't much like the Zion scene that dragged on and on. However, the movie became progressively cooler as it went on. I was worried that Neo was just too powerful and would spoil too much, so I thought that it was awesome that he was kept out of the huge freeway scene.

Many of the people I knew hated how abrupt they felt the ending was, but I didn't really feel that way, and I actually quite liked how the movie ended (since we know that the next one is on it's way).

Now I worry that they just left too many questions at the end of the movie, that they might have given too much away, and that I will speculate too much.
Torrere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 02:56 PM   #5
russotto
Professor

First one was better. This one needed quite a bit of cutting, and that speech at the end needed to be re-written.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 07:58 PM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

slang and I went to see it last night (after the Chinese Dinner, so I passed on the customary popcorn).

It was visually amazing! I had a very enjoyable time watching, or should I say, experiencing it.

I think, though, that we may have a new standard for "The Pimpin' Coat." (and pimpin' shades)

I also think I've developed a clue regarding what this is all about, but I don't know if it's from the same direction as Sperlock's. (we may have to have a PM conversation about this to not spoil anyone else's fun)

I did take his recommendation waited out the extremely long (and loud) credits.

I have to see it again, there's a lot of visual richness to it, and with everything that was going on, I'm sure I missed stuff.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 08:05 PM   #7
Tobiasly
hot

Quote:
Originally posted by Sperlock
Oh, and be sure to stay through all the credits.
Jeez oh pete. It seems like every movie these days has some dorky "Easter egg" if you sit through and watch all the credits.
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 11:08 PM   #8
Sperlock
Elite Elitist

Feel free to PM me with your ideas, wolf!
Old 05-22-2003, 11:08 PM   #9
Torrere
a real smartass

It might be worth it if you can withstand the atrocious music long enough.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:40 AM   #10
KingOfTheWorld
Non-Newbie Sort

I thought the plot was a bit of a train-wreck up until the end, where it all came together nicely and the twist at the end with Colonel Sanders (the architect) was very good, if I heard there was a twist I'd expect it to be like, a Matrix in a Matrix. I'm sure it will all come together nicely, the only thing I didn't like was the half an hour zooming in and out and Neo's bare ass. Also, why did the people still have the "Matrix plugs" in them, they removed them off Neo when he was first freed from the Matrix.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:44 AM   #11
Kate in the City
Fhqwghads Lovechild

Someone somewhere always has to say something mean.

Matrix' makers blast charge of albino bias

So, let's recap. There's been a kafuffle about the image of Dubya being flashed alongside Hilter in a conversation about evil, the fine art of censorship prevails in Egypt, and now this.

I'm all for free speech, but people... chill'ax.

(PS.. the flying was overkilled. Once, would have been awesome. Three times, was boring. Always leave 'em wanting more.)
Old 06-12-2003, 01:53 PM   #12
Torrere
a real smartass

lol