The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-01-2009, 06:40 AM   #31
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I have cleaned the house. I am now sweating like someone with a higher liquid content than the rest of the human race. Cooling off before I go downstairs to do the washing up and take the rubbish out.

But then I'm going to kick back with my feet up and relax until my parents get back at about 17.00, secure in the knowledge that the place is (nearly) up to my Mum's standard and for once I have been proactive and not procrastinated.

Look at me starting as I mean to go on!
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #32
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

In bed at 1930, slept in till 0530 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #33
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Turns out I was up at midnight after all, even though I'd gone to bed around 11:00. Because we live just outside the city limits, and that's apparently a free invitation for every jerk ass yahoo to set off fireworks (my favorites: the ones that scream as they fly into the air) in the street in front of my house for over an hour, making the baby unable to sleep until they finally take their drunk asses home.

You know where a great place to shoot off fireworks is? The goddamn open fields just a couple blocks away.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #34
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I had a chinese new year too...
Old 01-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #35
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Pilau spent the last 15 minutes of 2008 and the first fifteen minutes of 2009 shivering on the sofa, trying to hide behind the humans. But Meels scored some lovely shots of the nightky lit up with fireworks from nearby display with her new camera.

Would much prefer not having him terrorised by wailing banshees and explosions though.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #36
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
You know where a great place to shoot off fireworks is? The goddamn open fields just a couple blocks away.
But, but, you should be flattered your neighbors feel you're so special they didn't want you to miss the show.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #37
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Was I pleased that I broke my usual habit of leaving things til the last minute?! Crikey yes!

My parents weren't supposed to be home til gone 17.00.
I got a call at 13.55 to say they'd just left and would be home in 35 minutes.
NO PROBLEM.
All I had to do was put on my bra (I tend to swing free if I'm alone especially if I'm hot).

The place was not in a complete state before I cleaned (I am respectful of my parents' house) but it would have been a very stressful 35 minutes if I wanted it to look as good as it did. Mum didn't mention anything, but in its own way that is a real compliment.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #38
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Was I pleased that I broke my usual habit of leaving things til the last minute?! Crikey yes!

My parents weren't supposed to be home til gone 17.00.
I got a call at 13.55 to say they'd just left and would be home in 35 minutes.
NO PROBLEM.
All I had to do was put on my bra (I tend to swing free if I'm alone especially if I'm hot).

The place was not in a complete state before I cleaned (I am respectful of my parents' house) but it would have been a very stressful 35 minutes if I wanted it to look as good as it did. Mum didn't mention anything, but in its own way that is a real compliment.
Good on yer, SG!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #39
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I toasted the new year with my cow orkers (fizzy apple cranberry juice, nobody got the real deal, I was in charge of the Panera order, as stated), and we snapped off a bunch of Christmas Crackers. Let me tell you, there is a big difference between the high end and low end crackers ... I got a whoopie cushion out of the big one, and an oversized plastic paperclip out of the small one. The jokes were cute, and even the cranky guy wore his paper hat.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #40
sweetwater
lives inside a Mobius strip

We hosted a party, or rather, provided a house where others came to party. Not much drinking but plenty of food, talk, and laughter - mostly due to amateurs trying to do anything with the Wii while everyone else cheered and jeered and coached. "Oh wait, you mean my guy is the one on the left? I've been watching the wrong side!"
Old 01-02-2009, 12:21 AM   #41
Juniper
I know, right?

We went to a party. Affluent, big brand new house with hardwood floors and open plan, great party location. Good crowd - our usual pals were there, plus a bunch of other folks we didn't know. Including a guy my DH works with (coincidence!) and some guy on his mail route (again, coincidence - it wasn't in the same neighborhood.) DH said it was weird to be at a party with a cow orker and a "customer." LOTS of kids. Hosts had a keg, but I brought my own Mike's. Drank too much as usual (DH doesn't drink) but never really felt drunk, possibly due to all the yummy food - yet had a lovely hangover this morning. Ugh. Good times.

Next year I have to get more creative with my party food. I brought balls & weenies. Er...you know, meatballs and cocktail weiners in bbq sauce. There were 3 crockpots full of meatballs and two weenies. Well, mine was the best.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #42
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Finished squaring away the house for guests about 1PM. About 1:30 (starting to cook) the power goes off... until 8:30.
We lost our power on New Years Eve too. Only for about 2 hours though, in the afternoon. I walked with my mom to the mall to pick up some networking jacks at Radio Shack. Bright and sunny when we walked out the front door, but 4 blocks from home it got really dark and we had a thunderstorm blizzard that lasted 5 minutes. It was coming down so hard, you couldn't see more than a block. The wind all day was amazing. They had to cancel fireworks that night because the wind was so strong.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote