The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Ohai!

Soooo.....I disappeared for a while, and no one seemed to notice but that's okay. When I came back to see what's going on I saw it was Cellar business as usual. At first I felt like I didn't miss much, my life went on and so did yours, but then I really started reading and realized why I love this place so much. The wit and compassion never go away. Sure, the snarkiness rears its ugly head occasionally, but the fun and love always conquer.

So, life hasn't been all that fun lately, and hasn't left me any Cellar time, let alone much personal time to enjoy a whole lot. Not bitching, just sharing for those who care. If you don't care, next thread please. Move along. Nothing to see here. Its just that in my day to day life my friends, co-workers, family don't see the pile of poo I'm trying to dig out of, they just see each individual little piece of turd and think what's the big deal? Put on your big girl panties and get on with it! But sometimes when I get home at the end of the day, all I can do is cry and wait for it to get better. I'm not dying of cancer (FUCK CANCER by the way) and I haven't lost a limb or a loved one, so I guess I should be grateful for the life that I have. But sometimes I don't want to deal with it. I just want to say Fuck It, and sit with my head in my hands and cry.

Why, you ask? For those who have read this far, I guess you did miss me enough to care, so thanks for letting me vent.

Where do I start? I guess the trivial: dropped my cell phone in my mojito, gonna cost $300 to replace it, don't have a home phone - using a loaner til it either dries out or I bite the bullet and buy a new one. Car stereo got stolen cuz I forgot to lock my door.

Not so trivial: Was told I'd be the contact person for our office move - No one said I was in charge of the whole fucking thing. No one told me I had to contact the movers, IT, cancel cable, water & coffee service, the post office, UPS, Iron Mountain, etc. And the lady in our office who was supposed to be helping me with all of this decided to reetire two days before the move, and didn't do half the shit she was supposed to, so I got to do it all in two days. (And to top it off, she decided at the last minute to go out of town the night before her retirement party that we planned - oops, sorry guys. How rude.)

And this was three days after my surgery. tripped a month ago, broke two bones in my foot, went two weeks on crutches before the doc decided they weren't healing and needed to put pins in. So all together I'm in a cast for 7 weeks. Got a knee walker, so at least I'm off the crutches, but it still hurts, and everyday tasks require a mountain of effort.

And Princess OTR has been diagnosed as OCD at six years old. Doing EMDR therapy, and it seems to be working, but I feel so bad for her when she can't control her urges. She tells me it's to keep the germs away, and she doesn't even know when she's doing it (tapping, flapping her arms like a chicken, having to touch items three times before she'll pick them up, etc.) but I feel so sad when I see her doing it, but she gets angry if I try to stop her. She'll play in the mud til she's covered head to toe, but she has to do all of this to keep the germs away? There is no logic, and that's what is so frustrating. Other than that she is so amazingly bright and charming and beautiful and thoughtful, so I guess this is small potatoes if we can get it under control now, so she can live a normal life goign forward.

And then there's my social life - Took the leap and broke up with my boyfriend of almost four years - I've always known he wan't The One, but like an idiot was hoping either he would change, or I would change my "requirements." It finally got to the point that we both realized we wanted different things but we kept trying to change each other anyway. He has so many amazing qualities (that I truly miss) but there was a lot missing. But now I'm single. Sometimes it's really fun, and sometimes it's really lonely and depressing. (Thank god Princess helps combat the lonliness.) I've been dating - been seeing one guy since March, and although he has a lot of the qualities that were missing in the past relationships, there are a lot of things missing that I want. Maybe I'm too damn picky, but I don't ever want to settle again. THere is one man in my life who I've been friends with for six years, and there is definitely a strong attraction there, but we've both always been in relationships as long as we've known each other. And now that we're both finally single at the same time, he's going through a Playboy phase, and doesn't want a relationship. And I don't want to be one of his bimbos. I told him to let me know when he's done playing and ready for a real woman. He has ALL of the quialities I am looking for, minus the whole fidelity issue. (Pretty sure I'm what he wants too, just not yet.)

And my mom is getting old. I can hear it in her voice, and can tell form the conversations we have. She is getting forgetful. She is isolating. Small tasks take a million excuses and many days to complete. I can't handle the idea of losing the woman who has always been my rock, and a great friend.

So there you have it - A day in the life of a Queen. Thanks for dropping by to hear me rant. Gonna hitch up my britches and get on with my day. Love you guys.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

take the battery out, and submerge your cell phone in a jar of white rice. leave it there for a week minimum.

and...I did think of you. I was looking at this:

lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
jinx
Come on, cat.

It's good to see you back Queen
Old 07-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
SamIam

Sorry to hear of your recent troubles, Queen. I'm glad you got out of a relationship that was going nowhere. I spent 6 years in a relationship like that. If the entire thing hadn't fallen apart at the seams, I'd probably still be hanging in there, hoping he would change. I commend your courage to get away and be more open to other things.

Is your office just moving to a new building or across the country? Either way, what a nightmare. Do the best you can and then let go of it (easier said than done, I know). Since your foot is causing you trouble, is it possible to take a sick day or two for both mental and physical reasons?

Sorry about your daughter. I wish I had some advise for you there.

Nothing lasts forever. Just put one foot in front of the other (or hop!), and things will gradually improve.

I'll be thinking good thoughts about you.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
It's good to see you back Queen
oh yeah! I forgot to say that. I agree.. good to see you. you're one of the cool kids
Old 07-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Welcome back. Look at everything that happened! Your absence has been excused.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Welcome back and thanks for the update. You were definitely missed.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
lookout123
changed his status to single

welcome back.
Quote:
you're one of the cool kids
shh. If you let people know, then the club won't be secret anymore.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Thanks for your well wishes. I'll get through it all - Just wish life could get back to "normal," whatever that is....

The move is over, and I pulled it off despite the hurdles.

Forgot to mention I picked up two new bosses, and their transition from another firm to ours has been a nightmare, and I am constantly getting thrown under the bus for other peoples deficiencies. Finally, after the other move was done, I took a stand and in very diplomatic terms said ENOUGH! QUIT BLAMING ME FOR YOUR SHORTCOMINGS! and put a system into place to create accountablilty and follow through so everyone is responsible for their own part now, and have no way to place blame on me or anyone else if it doesn't get done.

Whew. Okay. Enough venting. I'm gonna go take a nap.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #10
monster
I hear them call the tide

I missed you too. And there are many more too busy sorting out the crap in their lives right now to post, too many to name and if i do I might break the thread and they'll never come back......

But just because we didn't say it out loud and often doesn't mean you weren't missed. Sorry about all the crap you're wading through, seems to me like you've got the jump on it all but I bet is sure doesn't feel like that.

I hope your nap was good.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Queen, to quote David Letterman, "I wouldn't give your troubles to a monkey on a rock." Sorry for the tough run of luck. A lot people get through by trying to find a little humor in their troubles. Even if it's absurd, try to find something in the bad stuff that you can get even a tiny chuckle out of, it helps.

For instance (and this is in no way making fun of your situation):

I have just a touch of the OCD, and I think about this when I catch myself doing some of my unfathomable routines. Years ago, in Reader's Digest, I read about a guy with severe OCD (Monk could take OCD lessons from this guy) who loved cats, plural. When he opened the refrigerator to get something, he would close the door, and then think "What if one of the cats got in there?" So, he would open the door to check, then close the door. Then he would think, "What if a cat got in there that time?", so he would open the door to check. Lather, rinse, repeat. He would get stuck in this loop until a family member found him. I get really tickled every time I think about this, and I don't know why.

So, laugh at your problems. Use dark humor if ya gotta, you don't have to share your chuckle with anyone, you don't have to worry what people might think of you.

Chin up! Or, let the tears fall, if that works. Or tie on a good one, and blow off a little steam! (If tying on a good one is a problem, don't do that!)

Just try not to let it get to you.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

And fuck cancer. And arthritis. And OCD.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I ran into Cockerham yesterday at work. We had to develop security numbers, but not by a favorite date. It had to be a pattern. I finally gave up as none were agreeable to the customer. I had to take the initiative and tell the customer what her security code was going to be, and make sure she knew how to use it. I could tell her case was more severe than others. It could happen to me, so I can't be too harsh about the minor inconvenience it was to the other customer.

Now I want to point out that I typed in "ocd" and the Droid filled in "Cockerham"! LOL!
Old 07-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #14
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I know someone named Cockerham.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #15
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Cicero is awesome for her randomness. I am a Cicero fan.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote