The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 11-17-2014, 03:31 PM   #5701
glatt

Irritating me yesterday, but I'm over it today.

So my wife and I were talking about how things have just been too much lately and how it would be awesome to take a vacation. So I started looking at winter break airfares to warm climates, and was hoping for some miracle sale or something, but of course, all the warm places I could thin of during school break are $750 per person RT just for airfare (times 4.) Too much.

So then I found direct round trip flights to St. Augustine for $164 each. Outstanding! We can afford that! Stay in some crappy motel and rent a cheap car. It seemed doable. So I mentioned it to the kids. "Hey, let's go to Florida after Christmas for a week." And they completely shot me down. They want to stay home in case their friends happen to want to get together.

I'm not one to force people to let me spend a couple grand on them taking them on vacation. So I dropped the idea. But who are these kids?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #5702
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

You and the wife take that week off anyway. Take yourselves a staycation. Stay the night or weekend right there in/near town in a really nice hotel. Spend a little bit of that couple grand on yerownselves. Throw the kids at some relatives/friends for the night/weekend.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #5703
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I agree. When they're little, vacations are for the kids. When they're older, vacations are for the grownups. I admit it felt weird, even a little wrong, when we first decided to go on a vacation without the kids this summer. But it was awesome. And they did just fine with the Grandmas. And when it was looking like there might be a day in the middle where the Grandmas couldn't make the coverage, some friends at the church offered to stay with them if we needed. You'd be surprised how excited old people are to get to take care of kids for a couple days.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #5704
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Chain 'em to a radiator for a week, with a blanket and some food. They'll need even less food if you turn the heat off, because their metabolism slows down in hibernation.

Oh, and a pot to piss in.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #5705
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

A Badger ripped up the back lawn again last night. Generally speaking, it’s a fairly straightforward job reinstating the turf as long as it has been rolled back and is still connected to the rest of the lawn in a substantial manner. Unfortunately, the same area is excavated time after time and the turf is beginning to fragment, the consequence being that I didn’t have enough turf left to fill the holes.
I’d hoped that the worst was over as there can’t be too many of the grubs they like left.

Anyway, there’s always an entry on the credit side of the ledger to balance it out.

Post #10459

Last edited by Carruthers; 12-03-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #5706
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Virulent hiccups AND nosebleed.
And Limes didn't even get my pics.

Bad day all round here.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #5707
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Would it cheer you up at all to know I found your pink camera?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #5708
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Virulent hiccups
I can't help with the bleedy noses, but, a teaspoon of sugar will knock out the hiccups.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #5709
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
Infinite loop warning.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #5710
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Virulent hiccups AND nosebleed.
And Limes didn't even get my pics.

Bad day all round here.

Got the pics! Will post 2moz.

Sent by thought transference
Old 12-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #5711
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

My cure for virulent hiccups is multiple slowww sips of water. Over and over, very slow. It seems to get the old irritable diaphragm back into order. YMMV.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #5712
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
day three of my man cold. I just spent $18 on Scorched Earth strength Mucinex. If swallowing the tablets won't help I'll crush them up and snort them.

Guaifenesin rulez
Old 12-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #5713
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Fucking Shrews! Again.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #5714
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Just leave the goddamned door standing wide fucking open. Why bother even moving the fucking thing toward closed? Hell, it's almost forty goddamn degrees! Why do we even have fucking walls?

Old 12-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #5715
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Also: If there was a button that could kill every blue jay on the planet, I would jump up & down on that bitch.

Tags
mild cheddar