The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #4651
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

True. A lot of people here walk on lunch hour. The nice thing is all the buildings connect at the third floor so it'd be easy to walk in the winter.

It'd at least be a start.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #4652
monster
I hear them call the tide

I dare you to do it TODAY! At least for 15 minutes.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #4653
infinite monkey

I solemnly swear I will walk 15 minutes today.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #4654
infinite monkey

Wait, if I count walking into the building and to the cafe and other places on campus, and back, I'm already doing at least 15. Do those count? /lazyass
Old 10-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #4655
monster

nope. Extra 15 minutes. plus 5 for cheek.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #4656
infinite monkey

Well, spank me.

Waited at the after hours for an hour and a half. I felt like I was at the gate to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, and the junk man was going to roll his cart by and say "No one ever goes in, and no one ever comes out."

Only to be prescribed prescription strength Aleve. Um, I can take a couple extra Aleve on my own, thank you very much. And I couldn't fill it anyway because I had another script to pick up and I was low on cash and my bank was closed (closes at 7.)

So I went home, barely made it through 2 Broke Girls, and went to bed.

Of course, my muscle stopped spasming, finally, which is good.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #4657
monster

Eczema on my eyelids and around my eyes. skin all swollen and dry, I look about 90 years old today And it itches and I rub it when I'm not thinking about it which makes it red so it's even more obvious.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #4658
monster

....and what's really irritating is that swollen/heavy eyelids make you feel tired even when you're not, because it's such hard work keeping them open..... like being a student all over again
Old 10-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #4659
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Insurance company: "We've determined that the claim we previously paid you for was fraudulent. The services never occurred. You must send us the money back within 21 days, and be aware that criminal charges may be pending."

Me: "Excuse me WTF?"

After much back and forth, it was determined that first, they screwed up by trying to send an Explanation of Benefits to the provider, which they're not supposed to do because this provider doesn't accept assignment (i.e., take insurance.) Then they chose the wrong doctor, who has the same name but is in another state.

This wrong doctor wrote back to them, saying "I am not an optometrist, I have no patient by this name, nor do I live in that state." Rather than retrace their steps to figure out what happened, they just slapped a fraud tag on it. Douchebags.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #4660
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

And that's only mildly irritating, Clod?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #4661
Clodfobble

Meh, it's been sorted out, and relatively quickly as these sorts of things go. I was never worried, more just offended by their threat.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #4662
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I've worked with health insurance co. since 1987. They usually take the path of least work/most threat right off the bat. One simple phone call and taking down the ins. co. rep's name will solve the problem. But ya gotta get the NAME. and tell them you're noting their name, any other method of identifying them ("Mary, is there any other way you are identified? Like a number or location?") note date and time and tell them that, too. I personally know two people who work for insurance companies that I wouldn't let watch my cat over a weekend. They hem, they haw, they deny, they say they lost the paperwork, or it never came or they never heard of that or you didn't call to pre-certify, blah, blah, blah. I had my first son in 1990. I called the company to let them know I was pregnant and my due date. After he was born they denied the claim saying I had a pre-existing condition...of pregnancy.

HOW, I ask you, HOW could the government do worse than these private money-making, soul-sucking, heartless-- ---------------BASTARDS???????
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #4663
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

of course, most insurance companies try the path of least resistance/most likely to pay up routine esp. on the elderly who freak when they think the ins. co. is going to cut them off or similar. It's almost always a bluff.

Way back when I was getting expensive treatment for something I was called into the doc's payment office and they said my ins. co. wasn't paying up and I said,"Don't worry, they're getting sued. you'll get your money." and they did
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #4664
Clodfobble

Oh yes, you always get the name. They tell you at the beginning of the call, but you still always wrap up with, "and what was your name again?"
Old 10-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #4665
glatt

We bought this used car a couple weeks ago, and knew when we did that the brakes needed to be replaced soon. The shop quoted us around $300 to do it, but I know how to do it myself for around $50. I found that I had an afternoon free, so I picked up some new pads at the parts store in the early afternoon.

I got the wheel off, and the brake taken apart, and found that the new pads were too small. They gave me the wrong parts! Grr. Fortunately, we had shuffled the cars, so the working car was near the street. So I drove back to the store to get the correct pads. This time with the old pad in hand to compare. Came back, and was feeling a little less cocky about getting the job done before we were supposed to meet friends for dinner. It was 4pm already. I did the one side, and proceeded to the second, where I couldn't get two of the lug nuts off! So after trying for a while, loosening them, but the nut was just getting harder to turn as I was turning it, I called it quits. Sprayed them down with WD40. I'll try again tomorrow afternoon. But I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be replacing two wheel studs and two lug nuts as well as the brakes on the other side. It feels like I'm stripping the threads.

I'm not upset yet. Just irritated. If the WD40 doesn't help, I'll try the propane torch a little. I've never replaced wheel studs before, but I watched a few youtube videos and it looks pretty easy. One guy recommended putting them in the freezer first so they shrink a bit. Sounds like a smart idea.

Dinner with the friends was nice, at least.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mild cheddar