Old 01-03-2016, 08:59 AM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

Down Home Terrorists

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...P=share_btn_fb
Old 01-03-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I heard the Air Force is getting low on smart bombs, but I'm sure they have a couple left.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
glatt

Right wing nutters.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

John Wayne syndrome, they forget when Rooster Cogburn clamps the reins with his teeth and grabs his Winchester, they went to the men's room. So they missed the carnage of Cogburn and his horse run down by an M-1 Abrams.
Obviously they have visions of "real Americans" streaming to join the cause. So does ISIS.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:01 PM   #5
Griff
still says videotape

and wasn't Cogburn was a Sheriff like the one whose family the interwebs say these guys threatened?
Old 01-03-2016, 12:09 PM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Nope. He was a U. S. Marshal. Like Matt Dillon on 'Gunsmoke'.

I think those Hammond (another article referred to them as having the name Hammonds) boys are getting the royal treatment. They're getting screwed by a gov't that's too damn full of itself.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #7
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I think those Hammond (another article referred to them as having the name Hammonds) boys are getting the royal treatment. They're getting screwed by a gov't that's too damn full of itself.
Ironically, it sounds like the government got too damn full of itself here because of the "get tough on crime" mandatory minimums set up by mainly right wing politicians. That's why the Hammonds are going back to prison.

I am personally against mandatory minimums and it sounds like the mandatory minimum here really are unfair, as they so often are. The courts' hands are tied though. If a person is found guilty of violating a law and there is a mandatory minimum, then you have to follow the minimum.

I hope the lesson that conservatives learn from this is that mandatory minimums are dumb. But I think they will choose to learn the lesson they already "know," which is that Obama and his administration are the devil.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:38 PM   #8
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I was sentenced below mandatory minimum for my offense(s) by a federal judge.

If another judge in another court decides he doesn't like the cut of my jib...

Does that mean I can be re-sentenced, and sent back to prison?

For a crime that I've already been convicted/sentenced/served my time for?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:06 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
and wasn't Cogburn was a Sheriff like the one whose family the interwebs say these guys threatened?
The sheriff was threatened in Oregon, I posted a picture here somewhere, but the locals tried to keep it peaceful, knowing full well that the only hope of being successful was negotiating. Whereas Rooster Cogburn(Ammon Bundy) came up from Utah with his gang, and thinks confrontation will win the day.
Quote:
Asked how he would respond to law enforcement, Bundy played down the prospect of a confrontation, saying he and the other men posed “no threat to anybody”. “This facility is owned by the people, and so if they come to bring physical harm to us, then they will be doing it only because of a facility, or a building. And I don’t believe that warrants killing people.”
That tells me his head is up his ass. What he's doing may not warrant killing people, but what he does when they say GTFO, could be interfering with law enforcement, resisting arrest, and that whole slew of catchall charges, they throw when you make them late for supper. We've already seen that can get you seriously killed, not mostly dead, and the Feds have orders of magnitude more firepower than any police department. It's not a protest like the Wall Street occupiers, it's an armed insurrection which is a whole new ball game. Wounded knee, David Koresh, Ruby Ridge, Philly's MOVE, etc,etc,etc.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
...Wounded knee, David Koresh, Ruby Ridge, Philly's MOVE, etc,etc,etc.
I'm not sure Wounded Knee or Ruby Ridge are on the same planet as the Bundy/militia/Oregon/webeindisbuilding thing, other than a fucked up gov't being involved.

MOVE, I don't know from.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Whereas [Ammon Bundy] came up from Utah with his gang, and thinks confrontation will win the day.
I'm don't think he's planning on 'winning'.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:32 PM   #12
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Wounded knee and Ruby ridge were both making a stand against the government. That didn't work in the whiskey rebellion or any time since. Subversion, dirty politics, any number of ways around them, but public defiance can not be tolerated, the government can not afford to lose face.

Oh I think Bundy plans to win, surely his gazillion facebook fans/email buddies, will pick up their ARs, and join his stand for the god fearing farmer/rancher, being downtrodden by the east coast eggheads/liberal media, who control the government. Just as surely as the government will cower in fear, when confronted with armed patriots defending the constitution because god is on their side.

Bundy is delusional. He saw the government treat his old man with kid gloves to avoid a big stink, so now he thinks they'll do the same for him and his band of merry men. Nope. no way, he won't win, and could very well become a martyr, but he doesn't know that yet.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:18 PM   #13
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
... at least a dozen heavily armed men who seized the headquarters of the Malheur wildlife refuge on Saturday afternoon and said they would stay indefinitely. ...
All the Feds have to do is put a fence up on the grounds around the headquarters building and rename it the Malheur Detention Center (shades of Guantanamo).
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:19 PM   #14
Griff
still says videotape

The Force is strong with this one.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:05 PM   #15
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Certainly they'll box them in, cut off any food, water, power, and visitors until it's time to tell them to GTFO.