The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #16
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I think the guy who did the actual scan just held it out of the way, or the nurse held it out of the way. I don't remember, all I remember is that the door to the hall was open and the radiology tech was cracking jokes.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 06:30 PM   #17
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
I think the guy who did the actual scan just held it out of the way, or the nurse held it out of the way. I don't remember, all I remember is that the door to the hall was open and the radiology tech was cracking jokes.
Do you remember any of them?

Scrotal ultrasounds? I guess I should have expected that on a thread titled "Tales from the Nuthouse".
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 06:52 PM   #18
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It turned out to be a cyst.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 07:56 PM   #19
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
isn't this just one guy??
Depends on the day of the week and the celestial alignment.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:11 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
We will spend the mornings tending to the snails, making sure they are properly shaded, watered, happy and free of salt, then we will spend the afternoon on the veranda, smoking the finest Ghanian weed, drinking Palm Wine, and being refreshed by the cooling breezes. I will be the Director of Snail Security, and keep the snails safe from banditry.

Unforunately, he won't be retiring right away.
You mean I'll have to move to Africa in order to get you to be my elder care provider?
Old 04-08-2005, 01:31 AM   #21
wolf
lobber of scimitars

A lot is going to depend on what happens the next time the Ghanian government destablizes ... they're about due. This could cause the plans to change.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:00 PM   #22
Jacquelita
Don't pop a vein

Quote:
I had a scrotal ultrasound, and no nurse taped my unit in any way. I feel left out!
I think I know where I can find some tape....

Jacquelita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:17 PM   #23
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
I had a scrotal ultrasound, and no nurse taped my unit in any way. I feel left out!
Can you say "hydrocoelectomy"? Actually, it's easy to say, but hard to spell.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:18 PM   #24
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by russotto
Um. That might be bad for the tech or nurse, but it's REALLY bad for the subject. Well, the taping might not be so bad but removing it.... YEEOWWW.
Sadly, there are people in the USA right now somewhere who pay a substantial sum of money to anyone willing to do this to them while calling them "babydoll" at the same time.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:05 PM   #25
404Error
Lecturer

I wouldn't say I pay a substantial sum....oh wait...nevermind.

Carry on.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:01 PM   #26
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

sick , sick puppys ALL !!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 07:28 AM   #27
Nightsong
Wang Dude

when I was but a prevert, still a little young for total pervert, I had surgery. IT was a kidney related surgery and I had to check into hospital the first day of summer. My parents were having a pool installed at home that week and I would be unable to swim in it until some time in August. My best friend was flying in and I wouldnot be able to go see him for a while. On top of all this I was in the Naval hospital and since I was still under 18 I had to be in the pediatric ward. Most of my room mates were at least half my age.
My favorite aunt was an RN. For fun at her house I use to read her medical books. one of these was an intro to psych text. At the time I considered that direction for a career.
The reason for this long winded into, at the half way point of my first stay in hospital a doctor walked into my ward and asked to check my surgical batch. He asked if I was in pain. I said no. He asked if I minded the tube running out of my back. I said no. He asked if I was upset my summer was being ruined by this. About this time I became suspisious. Let me add here that my doctor learned quick that even at 14 I understood most of what he told me. I also demanded to be told what he was doing and what meds he gave me. The doctor actually liked it. He was use to adults and it made me easier to deal with. This doctor failed to properly introduce himself. I began to get very derpessed suddenly. I started picking at my blanket and answering in monotone. I refused to look at him. THings like that. My answers to his questions got steadily stranger till he noticed I had changed too quick and asked me in an odd voice "DO you knw why I am here?" I looked him dead in the eyes and said, "Arent you going to ask me how I feel about my mother?" I smiled. The shrink got pissed and walked out. The nurse said he told her he didnt have time to deal with smartass teenagers. He returned the next day and introduced himself as the Ward shrink and that he wanted to talk to me about my stay. I invited him to sit down and after that we had good visits.
No offense Wolf but I often wondered if some psych students dont take it more to help themselves then others. I know I got interested because my whole family is full of nuts.
Nightsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 10:11 AM   #28
wolf
lobber of scimitars

There are a lot of people in psych who just ain't right ... I've had to deal with some of them too.

I don't take offense to it. I make fun of these people too. Daily. Sometimes to their faces.

And you know you've gotten it right when THEY don't get it.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:01 PM   #29
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Sadly, there are people in the USA right now somewhere who pay a substantial sum of money to anyone willing to do this to them while calling them "babydoll" at the same time.
And thats not counting the cost of the Secret Service's background checks.

*now that could be a Clinton, Bush Sr., or Bush Jr. joke, so I don't need to hear any partisan whining.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #30
monicakat
Homicidal Terrahawk

Back when I was in high school and working at a nursing home, there was a patient who routinely shit in her dresser drawers. Like every day. There was another woman who liked to roam the hallway naked except for her slippers.

Much admiration goes out to all the people who do those sorts of jobs.