The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 01-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #76
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

and This why We have Earth quake Ins
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2010, 05:28 PM   #77
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

I am surprised at how close we are to a major earthquake area. Looks like I need to move my bunker SE of it's current location.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #78
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I am surprised at how close we are to a major earthquake area. Looks like I need to move my bunker SE of it's current location.
No, don't. It's perfect where it is now.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #79
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I have no idea what the numbers mean, but the colors are pretty. Looks like I'm safe from an earthquake here in DC.
That would make a nice apron. Remember, that New Madrid fault rang the church bells in Boston.

Another hot spot is northern NY state... better know as up-US.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 01-21-2010 at 03:06 PM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #80
TheMercenary

I never heard about the Boston event. Interesting. Makes perfect sense. I have heard more about the volatility of the Midwest up near Colorado and the Dakota's. Wouldn't change my desire to live in that area, it is beautiful.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #81
lookout123
changed his status to single

HMMMM. Well, we've had a massive storm rolling through for the last couple days but yesterday it got truly nasty. There was a weather service Tornado Warning (not watch) and the geniuses on the radio didn't know what to do. We don't get tornados in arizona so they were pretty funny.

We lost power about 4:30 and just got it back a little bit ago after sending the kids off to school. We had everything we needed except a small propane grill to make dinner with. This being Phoenix it never popped into my skull that I might have to cook while it was raining so my big ass propane grill out back was not possible. We made do with some cans of sterno and grill cheese sandwiches and cold stuff... but lesson learned. Small dual fuel camping grill goes on the list.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #82
TheMercenary

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
HMMMM. Well, we've had a massive storm rolling through for the last couple days but yesterday it got truly nasty. There was a weather service Tornado Warning (not watch) and the geniuses on the radio didn't know what to do. We don't get tornados in arizona so they were pretty funny.

We lost power about 4:30 and just got it back a little bit ago after sending the kids off to school. We had everything we needed except a small propane grill to make dinner with. This being Phoenix it never popped into my skull that I might have to cook while it was raining so my big ass propane grill out back was not possible. We made do with some cans of sterno and grill cheese sandwiches and cold stuff... but lesson learned. Small dual fuel camping grill goes on the list.
Yea, we live in a Hurricaine prone area so this stuff is part of our regular spring planning. We keep 3 gallons of water per day per person stored in our garage and a large collection of small propane cans for a propane grill. After a while it just made better sense to buy a grill that had a dual purpose of hooking up to the larger tank as well as use the small cans for when we go to the beach or camping or if we want to grill out on the porch when it is raining. So we got this:

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...id=2010&brand=

We also have the heavy duty style propane stove for our Low Country Boil or turkey frying.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #83
lookout123
changed his status to single

Looks nice, something to consider. I was planning to grab a small coleman dual fuel (unleaded gas/camp fuel) as a back up. It is the desert so rain doesn't factor in usually. I've got a couple of bigger grill options + open fire options. If I'd really been desperate last night I could have stood in the rain and grilled out back, I just wasn't that motivated.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #84
TheMercenary

The only thing I don't like about my multi-fuel stove (propane, kerosene, jp4) is that it spills fuel on start up so there is usally a need to have an area of danger around them when they first start.

The nice thing about a camp stove is that you can actually boil a pot of water in about the same time as on the stove. Being a dual stove is helpful for a family. So if you are using it at home you could cook with it indoors, including if you used a 20gal tank. Clean up on that one is easy and painless. We have taken that one on week long vacations to a beach house for some awesome out door grilling. The only bad thing about it is that it is a bit bulky.