The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #16
glatt

And on a final note. If she really is that litiginous, you may want to do nothing, or even consider selling the house and moving. I've heard plenty of stories of nutty neighbors and thier lawsuits. It doesn't do you any good to go into court over and over and over again, defending yourself against frivolous lawsuits, even if you win every one. You will still have to pay thousands of dollars in court fees just to get the lawsuits thrown out. Does she have deep pockets that would allow her to file lawsuits against you? You know her better than anyone, so only you know how she might act, but it's something to consider.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:45 PM   #17
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
If you know anyone with some basic electronics knowledge, they can wire a laser pointer up to a power supply, and keep it turned on continuously, aimed at her camera lens.
That's what I was worrying about with the lawsuit issue. If the laser is always on, she could say that her vision has been impaired.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #18
rkzenrage

I don't see how her vision could be impaired by looking at film of a pointer.
I love the poster of "my neighbor is filming me... post your thoughts here" and the one of your friends with gear dressed in black, but I would station one all over my property at different times of day and night with different gear. A guy with a camera in the morning at the fence, a lady on the roof with binoculars and a notepad, a young man just sitting in the middle of the front yard with a listening device pointed at her house not even trying to hide it..... too much fun.
http://www.shopwildplanet.com/store/merchant.mvc?
Old 06-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #19
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

No, if the pointer was on all the time, she could move the camera and claim that the now uninterrupted beam hit her eye.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:08 PM   #20
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I'd check with a lawyer and see if there are any laws against just burning her house to the ground while she is out shopping.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #21
rkzenrage

Just wait until 3am and spray the lens black. From behind of course.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:25 PM   #22
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
No, if the pointer was on all the time, she could move the camera and claim that the now uninterrupted beam hit her eye.
Good point. Brianna would probably but not certainly win that lawsuit, but only after spending thousands in legal fees.

Don't do anything vigilante, Brianna. She sounds like a nut job who will just make you miserable. Go through proper channels, ignore it, or move. Those are your options.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #23
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

yeah, I guess it's best that I just ignore it as much as I can. We've done nothing to deserve this treatment and if I think about it too much I go crazy. I don't have the money to fight every little battle she would want to create. The really funny thing is that she wants to build a drive way on the land between my house and hers but she doesn't have enough room. She approached me last fall to ask if I would allow her to build it anyway! I couldn't get "no" out of my mouth fast enough. She's the type who moves into your neighborhood and leaves a bunch of trashy crap in her yard (old windows, wheelbarrows, god knows what) and plants PLASTIC flowers in her flowerbeds! She also has those motion detector lights on her house. Paranoid, much?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 06-26-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:03 PM   #24
rkzenrage

Let's find an old mannequin, dress it like her, lynch it in the front yard for a few days along with some stuffed animals, then burn it while dancing around to Manson's Antichrist Superstar album!... Man, how come no one ever points a camera at my house?

As for the crap in the yard, do you have no zoning? If so, call them on her.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #25
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Where exactly is the camera, and what exactly is it pointing at? Serously, this can't be legal, but (luckily) I don't have any experience with this. Does she have a sump pump? Back it up by plugging the hose with a potato, you guys have been getting a lot of rain, no? That worked for a neighbor A whose other neighbor B was pissing him off by putting B's hose in A's yard. (after A told me that story, I made a mental note not to bitch about A's dog shitting in my yard when he lets him roam the neighborhood)
Old 06-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #26
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat
Where exactly is the camera, and what exactly is it pointing at? Serously, this can't be legal
The camera is in one of her bedroom windows. She's got her blinds pulled away and pinned back! It points directly at the side of my house--the side where my driveway is. Almost directly into one of my side living room windows. Depending on how wide an angle the thing has she can see a lot--the whole one side of my house with side yard and part of back yard. She can see who is knocking at my door, who comes and goes. And it is totally legal for her to do this. She's on HER property. The next time she comes strolling in front of my house I'm going to get my son's videocam and film her walking by. That's within my rights, too. And I'll make sure she sees me doing it.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 06-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #27
rkzenrage

Somehow a friend of mine's terrible neighbor ended-up with 5lbs of prickly pear cactus seed in his front yard. Was terrible.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #28
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Round-up "FREAK" or some other such large word in her front lawn. That'll take awhile to grow back. Even better, just do totally random spots, so that she won't know a human was the cause. Bwa ha ha ha ha!!

This is funny especially because it takes awhile for the stuff to work fully. Do it the right before you leave for several days, so the brown spots show up when you are gone and she can't link you to it.

I just made myself laugh out loud at the thought of this....
Old 06-26-2006, 04:20 PM   #29
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

All great ideas. I'm afraid she'd catch me though. Who knows how many camera's and re-con stuff she has? Inside her house (I've been in twice under protest) it's like a flea market with junk piled all over and just a little space to walk thru the rooms. She has, like, forty shelves on one wall with all kinds of crap on them. All the junk in her yard is in her backyard. I don't think I can complain about that. See? She really IS insane.

—James Barrie

Old 06-26-2006, 04:21 PM   #30
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

find out the name and address of her attorney, and send him 1 cert. letter per day. i think he'll bill her for the time it takes to read them.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote