The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 09-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #1516
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

A reaction to his litter? (Is it the really dusty stuff?)
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #1517
Cloud

hmm. I think I would put some emu oil (a handy skin cure-all I love) on it to alleviate the rawness; but don't know what's causing it.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #1518
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Kitteh boogers.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:08 AM   #1519
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ain't that what the long, raspy tongue is for?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #1520
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
hmm. I think I would put some emu oil (a handy skin cure-all I love) on it to alleviate the rawness; but don't know what's causing it.
Most cats (and dogs) will lick anything you put on them like that right off, so not so sure how effective it will be if he just licks it off....
I'm thinking it could be the dust from the litter, but its is odd he's not cleaning w/e it is off himself. If you can, I would ask the vet. If you can't afford to take him in, just call 'em up and ask if it should be a concern enough to bring him in or if you should just keep cleaning it off. If he's always had this buildup- its probably not a big deal, but if its just now a recent occurrence, might be a bit of concern. Could just be caused by allergies.

Good luck.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #1521
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

He's had it pretty much since we moved here. I don't remember it so much beforehand.
So he's had a little bit... Dylan had a little bit too. It is worse here though.

I worry it's something to do with his respiratory system.
He gets out of breath very easily - and always has done.
I always wondered whether it was to do with his tiny nostrils, or to do with some kind of blockage.
When we play chasing games (and Diz can play completely unhinged chase games) it ends with him panting (which cats should never do according to the t'internet) and he always goes off for a drink of water. Dyl was never such a rabid chaser, so never ended up panting.

The thing is, he had the above symptoms before I realised they were not normal.
He had a full check up with two vets (£70 a piece) where they listened to his lungs and heart.
And another - £90 from what I remember - when he had a cold. None of the above gave any sign he had a problem.

But then I worry, because none of the vets knew what breed he was.
He was declared underweight the first time I went to the vet.
He certainly wasn't - he was in prime form for his breed and age. But the vet thought he was an Abyssinian - and they grow much larger.

I'm just worried if I present a cat that I think has breathing problems, all of a sudden he WILL have breathing problems and I could end up with £800 of tests I can't afford...

Not knocking vets. Just wary.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #1522
Nirvana
Back in 10

Ch Tanya's Deja Voo Doo died in my arms last evening. She went to be with her daughter Portia. "Cheese" as she was lovingly nicknamed because of her conception in Wisconsin, graced the covers of many magazines and calendars. She is the black tri color long coat on the Danbury mint plate.

She was literally born in my hand on the way to the vet for a c section. She was 15 years old. She never had a bad day, never sick. Always eager to eat and navigate the stairs to go outside. Her little heart just gave out. ...

I came home from my brother in law's memorial service and she must have waited for me to get there. I let all the others outside and she just could not walk out of her pen like she had that morning. She was alert wagged her tail and she laid on my lap for an hour. She tilted her head back and then she was gone.

Bye bye sweet lil' Cheese
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #1523
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Sorry once again Nirv. Goodnight Cheese, what a good, long life you must have had.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #1524
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

awe :'( Sorry Nirvana - I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #1525
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Awe Nirvana, I know she lived a good long life, but still, its so sad.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #1526
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Ch Tanya's Deja Voo Doo died in my arms last evening. She went to be with her daughter Portia. "Cheese" as she was lovingly nicknamed because of her conception in Wisconsin, graced the covers of many magazines and calendars. She is the black tri color long coat on the Danbury mint plate.

She was literally born in my hand on the way to the vet for a c section. She was 15 years old. She never had a bad day, never sick. Always eager to eat and navigate the stairs to go outside. Her little heart just gave out. ...

I came home from my brother in law's memorial service and she must have waited for me to get there. I let all the others outside and she just could not walk out of her pen like she had that morning. She was alert wagged her tail and she laid on my lap for an hour. She tilted her head back and then she was gone.

Bye bye sweet lil' Cheese

beloved dog
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #1527
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Sorry for your tragic loss vana.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #1528
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bummer. She was lucky to live a long and happy life, with a great "Mom". It sounds like the perfect end to a good life, with you, and no pain. Of course that doesn't cure your heartache, but reflecting on 15 happy years should help.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #1529
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I will toast Cheese tonight.

So long Cheese, we hardly knew ye.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #1530
Nirvana
Back in 10

Thank you from me Cheese and all her decedents