Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-20-2015, 01:42 PM   #16
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
(a can of coke is 330ml for comparison)
Ours (cans of soda) are 355ml, I thought 330 sounded a little not right, so, I checked.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 03:41 PM   #17
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
DRINKS cans are now made in dozens of sizes worldwide, depending on local needs, from 150ml up to 750ml. Before the second world war, beer in the US was filled in steel cans which used what had been a traditional size for canning peas. This held 12 fluid ounces of drink and the volume and diameter of the can was retained when the modern style of so-called "two-piece" (with a lid and a body) drinks can was introduced in the late fifties. A volume of 12oz is 355ml, and this is still the standard in the US: in Europe it was converted to the round figure of about one-third of a litre, or 330ml. Demand in Europe for bigger volumes in beer cans lead to the third larger size of 440ml and later the 500ml. Smaller sizes such as 150ml, 200 and 250ml are employed for children's drinks and mixers where bigger volumes are not required. Regional traditions influence can sizes. In Venezuela, 8oz and 10oz beer and soft-drinks cans prevailed until recently because they fitted in the local cooled vending machines.

John Nutting, Editor, The Canmaker, Crawley, W Sussex.
link
Old 06-21-2015, 08:18 AM   #18
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

12/14

overestimated the dog toes by two. failed to resist second guessing myself about the provenance of cucumbers, which I knew and know. dangit.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:30 AM   #19
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

heheheheh. This I'm keeping, because taken out of contest it's completely surreal:

Quote:
overestimated the dog toes by two. failed to resist second guessing myself about the provenance of cucumbers.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:52 AM   #20
DanaC

test your moral compass here ...

http://www.nowtv.com/promo/moralmeas...ership-DS-Nat2

Quote:
Pilgrim

There’s still some room for improvement, but you’re on your way to becoming a real saint. Luckily for you, pilgrims still win prizes. So why not reward yourself?
Old 06-24-2015, 04:04 AM   #21
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Fallen

You’re certainly no saint, but don’t fear. There’s hope for you yet. Take the path of redemption for the chance to win.
Although in my defence, the choices were too black and white for real life.
Tell someone you hate their new hair or tell them it's gorge? How about a good old English, "Well, it's certainly different..."?
Old 06-24-2015, 04:20 AM   #22
DanaC

yeah - similarly - if I actually saw anybody drop something - including money - I'd let them know. But if I saw a £10 note on the ground and there was no immediately obvious sign of who dropped it - it's mine.

The bike question - I just know it wouldn't occur to me to lie in the moment.

And the hair question - as you say, is silly - there are other options and it's contextual: friend says 'what do you think of this hairstyle?' whilst messing around with styles preparing to go out- be honest. Friend asks how hair looks as we're getting into a taxi with no options for doing anything about it anyway - white lie.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #23
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Whilst I like being quoted, I don't like being taken out of the contest. I coulda been a contender!
Old 06-24-2015, 11:37 AM   #24
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm a saint. Yeah. But I didn't say I would tell my friend about the cozy date I witnessed. In those situations, what usually happens is that you tell them and somehow or another, after all the tears and drama, you end up being the bad guy. A person who'll sneak around like that is a person who will manipulate their way into being above reproach and who will find a way to make it seem like you're some big troublemaker. This has been my experience, anyway. I expect they'll get caught one way or another. Yet, even as I type this, I think of the thousands of exceptions to the rule and my little guilt gland (which is all that really keeps me honest) is secreting "BUT BUT BUT YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR FRIENDDDDDD" enzymes.

And hair schmair, I don't care. It could look like ass but I'll say something nice because the goal here is to make somebody maybe a little bit happier for a couple minutes.

The rest are no-brainers. This is why I'm poor. But happy.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:34 PM   #25
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  Saint.JPG
Views: 284
Size:  12.3 KB

I'd have a little fun with my friend's Facebook account.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:35 PM   #26
DanaC

Probably a good job there were no questions about downloading pirated entertainment.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:51 PM   #27
infinite monkey

My friends loaned me some pirate DVDs that I never felt right watching. I pitched 'em.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:55 PM   #28
infinite monkey

p.s. I've since pitched those 'friends' too. Long story. Suffice to say I'm much better off.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:21 PM   #29
glatt

My wife's aunt's friend is really gung ho on pirating stuff. He makes these DVDs and prints fancy labels to go on them, and then gives them to us like it's the best present ever. Really random old movies that he thinks are important to watch. Sometimes they work, and sometimes not. And then he asks us about them so we have to watch them and come up with stuff to say. It's kind of annoying. Like it's homework or something to watch them.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:33 PM   #30
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

cute. trivial but cute. I'm a "Saint" by their standards, just a regular guy by the standards of everyone else I know.