The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 04-27-2015, 01:29 AM   #3121
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

there's a joke in that story somewhere, I'll let someone else root it out though.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:19 AM   #3122
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Why did the boar cross the road?

To not get to the other side (of bacon.)

Eh, I got nuttin'
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:27 AM   #3123
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Advertisement

Tired of feeling like a wreck and being boared? Go out for a few shots and some BACON!

This message brought to you by the Swine and Spirits industry.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:58 PM   #3124
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

News Falsh!!

Pigs Shoot Pig!

News Falsh...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 04-27-2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Ah, fuck! I misspelled Flash, and can't change it.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:08 PM   #3125
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Is 'falsh' a pervy new entry in the Urban Dictionary?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #3126
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

No, just the result of a half-lit redneck trying to type.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:36 AM   #3127
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

NSFW: I got a meet and fuck site.
http://dateforsexymoments.com/web/en...3Dallaboutsex2
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:33 PM   #3128
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon View Post
NSFW: I got a meet and fuck site.
So, it's a way to meat women, then?

Old 04-29-2015, 06:01 AM   #3129
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Tinkling Spoons Can Trigger Seizures in Cats

Old 05-01-2015, 07:57 AM   #3130
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Crazy old fucker:

Ya gotta love that guy!

Link

Old 05-01-2015, 07:59 AM   #3131
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Dog Infects Humans With Plague for First Time in US

Old 05-01-2015, 08:13 AM   #3132
glatt

The plague, it's better not to get it.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:01 PM   #3133
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
The plague, it's better not to get it.
You crack me up
Old 05-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #3134
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

I accept that this is stretching the definition of 'weird' somewhat, but I think it is worth including here.

Quote:
'Free meal' garage customer's £700 bill at top London restaurant.

Name:  £700..JPG
Views: 215
Size:  23.9 KB

A woman who was offered a free meal by an Audi garage which damaged her car ran up a £700 bill at a celebrated Michelin-starred London restaurant.

Siobhan Yap, 27, from Hertfordshire, treated her mother to dinner after her Audi A3 convertible was hit while parked on Watford Audi's forecourt.

Watford Audi agreed to pay for a meal for two, so Ms Yap headed to L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon in Covent Garden.

Watford Audi said the £714.61 bill was "excessive", and offered to pay half.

In response, Ms Yap said that Audi should have "specified a price limit".

The garage repaired Ms Yap's car - which she had bought second-hand for £20,000 - after it was damaged by a delivery vehicle before she could pick it up from the forecourt.

Audi gave her a courtesy car and offered to cover the cost of a meal for two "for the inconvenience caused".

While at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Ms Yap and her mother enjoyed four glasses of champagne, two bottles of wine costing £69 each, six cocktails totalling £86 and a sloe gin.

The "small tasting dishes" they tried included one La Truffe Noire at £35, two St Jacques scallop dishes costing £29 each and two La Volatille risottos totalling £42.

Ms Yap told the JVS show on BBC Three Counties Radio that Audi should pay the whole bill because she had to send the car back for further repairs, and the cost was "relative to what they put me through and their customer service levels".

"They put me through a lot of stress and it was a really nice restaurant," Ms Yap said. "They should have specified a limit."

A Watford Audi spokesman said it was "excessive expenditure for two diners", but as it was "keen to make amends for the incident" it agreed to cover half the bill, equating to £357.

"We believe this is a fair and reasonable amount given the circumstances, and we stand by the decision taken," said the spokesman.

Etiquette expert William Hanson said the garage should have set an upper limit and should "learn a lesson" and "absorb the cost". But he said that "you don't need to perhaps drink that much if someone else is paying".
This is quite breathtaking. How anybody has the nerve to push their luck quite this far is beyond me. £714 for lunch? That's getting on for $1100 (US).
Think how far that would get you at Tesco or Walmart when you do your food shopping.

BBC Report
Old 05-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #3135
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The Audi dealership has no good option here. To my eyes, just paying the $1100 to make this woman go the hell away is the least bad option. I'm sorry her car was hurt, though it's not clear the Audi dealership is responsible there, what about the driver of the delivery truck? Anyhow, the dealership has the most to lose, and if it "only" costs $1100 to lose this woman, (shakes head), I say pay the nice lady.