It's all about the niches.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:59 AM   #437
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Of course he's a lyin' motherfucker,

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

I didn't hire him to be honest, I hired him to wreck shit.

Mebbe you like the status quo: bully for you.

Me: I want government pared down, leaned out, powered down, and brought under heel.

Trump ain't the end point; he just a goddamned waystation.

He's doin' exactly what I want him to do, so he can lie, cheat, steal, and whore around to his heart's content.
This discounts the realization by others of the value of a good government.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:22 PM   #438
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

"This discounts the realization by others of the value of a good government."

By 'their' standards: probably.

By my standards: nope.

Good government is minimal, weak, under heel, manned by proxies.

To get to 'that' what we have 'now' has to be beaten black and blue like a hooker on a Saturday night. It has to be castrated like a child-rapin' priest oughta be. It has to be shackled in the basement, fed week-old roadkill and hauled out only to chop wood and fetch water.

Government should rightfully be our bitch.

Trump is a (not 'the') awkward means to that, a halting step in the right direction; he's a blunt instrument, a jagged piece of shit-covered glass.

I'm sure you disagree with my notions about government and how I assess Trump.

That's okay. Don't be a 'tw' and I got no beef with you.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:03 PM   #439
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
I didn't hire him to be honest, I hired him to wreck shit.
The trouble with wrecking shit is that the results are wholly unpredictable.

I used to have a similar attitude - though coming at it from a different angle and with a different end goal in mind...seems the only thing Trump voters share with revolutionary politics is nihilism. Burn it down and start again - shatter the body politic to rebuild it differently.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:37 PM   #440
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No, it's burn down everybody's shit but mine.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:02 PM   #441
henry quirk

"The trouble with wrecking shit is that the results are wholly unpredictable."

No, that's not the 'trouble', that's the 'point'.

#

"nihilism"

I'm no nihilist.

#

"Burn it down and start again - shatter the body politic to rebuild it differently."

Yep. That's 'optimism'. The nihilist, having no hope, just accepts the garbage and wallows in it.

##

"No, it's burn down everybody's shit but mine."

No, it's 'have the right kind of shit to begin with and defend it in rough times'.

If you don't, if you can't:
Old 11-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #442
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But isn't "the right kind of shit" pretty subjective?
Old 11-25-2018, 04:23 PM   #443
henry quirk

you 'can' wear stilettos while rock hikin', but 'should' you?

In context: 'right' ain't all that subjective.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:46 PM   #444
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

There are many kinds of footwear that people will argue is best from sneakers to steel arched hiking boots.
Heels? Nope, says so on the sign.

Name:  noheels.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  47.9 KB

Now I bet your thinking that ain't right, you(they) should be able to wear what you want.

But if you do you'll probably get hurt maybe break an ankle. Then you'll be looking for paramedics, a mountain rescue team, an ambulance, maybe even a helicopter. All that manpower(money) and resources(mo money) to save your dumb ass.
Not to mention the cost of insurance to cover, and lawyers to defend the trail owner, medics, rescue team and shoe manufacturer from your lawsuits.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:19 PM   #445
henry quirk

"they should be able to wear what they want."

Absolutely. They 'can' wear what they like.

#

"break an ankle...paramedics, mountain rescue team, ambulance, maybe a helicopter, all to save their dumb ass."

In the world I want: they got thenselves into it, they can get themselves out of it.

#

"Not to mention the cost of insurance to cover, and lawyers to defend the trail owner, medics, rescue team and shoe manufacturer from your lawsuits."

In the world I want: financing their healthcare is 'their' business, and the court would dismiss any such case based on 'hiker beware' (your dumb ass is your concern, dumbass).

In the world I want: morons and parasites wouldn't last long.

In the current world: hikers who stumble out unprepared can get others to foot the bill for their ill-preperation.

Yeah, let's keep doin' that...

Last edited by henry quirk; 11-25-2018 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:23 AM   #446
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
In the world I want: morons and parasites wouldn't last long.
Is that a suicide note?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:06 PM   #447
tw

First indications of a recession are apparent. First to suffer will be the least innovative companies operated to make profits; not a better product.

GM is spending about $1billion more each year for steel because the scumbag Don wants to protect least productie (not innovative) industries - ie steel manufacturer.

That stupidity combined with bad designing over the past 20 years means GM must now fire 15% of its white collar employees and shut five assembly plants. The Don will deny he made it worse - because he is only preaching to brainwashed supporters - who will deny facts.

This problem is easily seen in one of the world's crappiest cars - Chevy Volt.

Clinton spend $millions in 1994 so that GM could have a world first hybrid in 1999. The Precept was canceled by Donald Trump type dummies (ie John Smith and Rick Wagoner) because George Jr said hybrid innovation was from Clinton - so it must be evil.

Business school graduates hate anything that is innovative. That will only increase costs. So they killed all hybrids to increase profits. Patriotic American companies (all foreign manufacturers) even in Asia and Europe made hybrids. Finally GM created the Chevy Volt in 2010. How many years to finally do what Honda and Toyota sold in 2001? Worse, a Chevy Volt engine cannot even recharge its battery. It is that Donald Trump dumb.

Since business school graduates (not product people) designed GM products 10 and 20 years ago, then cars like the Volt mean more and massive losses and employee firings. GM product are so bad that GM even needs V-8 engines.

A problem only made worse by The Don who has no idea what makes a business profitable. Wacko extremist is so dumb as to erect tariffs to further destroy American jobs. This is only a precursor to what is coming.

So many facts say a recession has started. George Jr did same in 2001 (destroy a Clinton economy) to create a massive downturn in 2007. That is how depressions and recessions happen.

Of course extremists will deny this. The current Obama economy is being harmed. Wackos do not like their hero being accurately described as dumb - and a daily liar.

GM simply demonstrates what has already started in other industries - in part due to obvious lies and harm created by a business school graduate.

Plans submitted this year for housing developments in four years have slowed to a trickle in many counties. Another fact that says, "Here comes the Trump economy".
Old 11-26-2018, 06:39 PM   #448
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
This problem is easily seen in one of the world's crappiest cars - Chevy Volt.
Worse, a Chevy Volt engine cannot even recharge its battery. It is that Donald Trump dumb.
That is weird... I guess I understand their explanation (arriving at the destination with an empty battery and charging there will likely be cheaper than charging using gas). Whether it's a good strategy would likely depend on your usage; if you almost never fully drain the battery, it probably is a cost saver.

But they're eliminating the Volt, so it'll be up to Tesla and foreign manufacturers to learn any such lessons.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:01 AM   #449
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
I guess I understand their explanation (arriving at the destination with an empty battery and charging there will likely be cheaper than charging using gas).
The Chevy Volt was suppose to be 100% electric. But the design, when it was proposed, was subverted repeatedly by cost controllers. To save the design, it was patched together to a gas motor.

Read what Toyota did to implement a gas motor with a battery, energy from brakes, etc. That controller is complex - more complex than the design of a new motor. So business school graduates did what they understand. They understood obsolete technologies. So that was pushed into the Volt as a separated system.

Cost controls. Eliminate the complex interface and costs go down ... only on a spread sheet.

Chevy Volt is a kludge created because business school graduates constantly 'fixed' the design. Then they made some silly excuse that people would rarely need the motor.

BTW, gasoline uses less energy than recharging from fossil fuels burned in some distant generation station. Also explains why electric heat is also so expensive. Currently is no alternative to fossil fuels - either burned efficiently in the car or burned far away and transported to the car with greater thermodynamic losses and further battery losses.

Well it could be worse. Someone could foolishly propose hydrogen as a fuel.

What makes a hybrid so superior? Same reason why 1940 locomotives used that technology So that a rail car can go 400 miles on one gallon of fuel. Electricity stored in a battery could never do that. Too many losses.

Hybrid was the innovation in 1990s. 2020 and GM business school graduates still cannot make one. Mary Barra must now first what the Donald Trump types did that long ago.

GM (like Kmart and Sears, GE, etc) are first indicators of a recession that has started. First to be hurt are companies who made profits rather than innovated ten years ago. What happened ten years ago determines an economy today. In the case of the Volt, what happened 17 years ago is why that piece of crap exists today - destroying jobs.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:24 AM   #450
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I can't speak at all to how well they implemented it, but the idea itself makes sense. If you don't run out of battery, the gas motor never turns on, and it is an electric car. For regular use, you never use gas.

If you do run out of battery, you can do two things - run the motor to generate power, use the power to charge the battery, and then run off of the battery, or run the motor to generate electric power and run the motor with that power, leaving the battery drained until you can plug it in. The latter seems more efficient.

Quote:
BTW, gasoline uses less energy than recharging from fossil fuels burned in some distant generation station.
I doubt that, or it would be more efficient to run your house off of a generator than the grid.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheesecake