The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #1411
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
There's a woman in London with my same name, who is too stupid to remember what her actual email address is, and gives out mine all the time as her own. Subsequently, I get all sorts of email for her on a regular basis. I know about her divorce a couple of years ago, I know about her business trips to Ireland, I know the names of her three children and also that of her new husband (the same as my middle name!) Mind you, I am always kind enough to write back and let them know they have the wrong person, but there's always someone new for her to screw it up with it.

Well, it's been a rough week for the London version of me. First, she blew 130 pounds (!) on a grey Michael Kors designer wallet--with a gift message for her friend Aoife, meaning she blew 130 pounds on a wallet for someone else, dear God--and as the confirmation emails made very clear, she will have been absolutely unable to pick up her item from the store unless she presents a copy of my email proving she is the purchaser.

Then, as if Thursday hadn't been difficult enough, I just received an 8-paragraph letter from her full-time nanny, detailing all the (justifiable) reasons why she was quitting, including but not limited to the fact that her children are "cold" and "very disrespectful."

The UK me is kind of a bitch, I gather.
Seriously. TOTALLY your next book and at least a year of stand up material!
Old 02-23-2016, 06:28 PM   #1412
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
There's a woman in London with my same name, who is too stupid to remember what her actual email address is, and gives out mine all the time as her own. Subsequently, I get all sorts of email for her on a regular basis. I know about her divorce a couple of years ago, I know about her business trips to Ireland, I know the names of her three children and also that of her new husband (the same as my middle name!) Mind you, I am always kind enough to write back and let them know they have the wrong person, but there's always someone new for her to screw it up with it.

Well, it's been a rough week for the London version of me. First, she blew 130 pounds (!) on a grey Michael Kors designer wallet--with a gift message for her friend Aoife, meaning she blew 130 pounds on a wallet for someone else, dear God--and as the confirmation emails made very clear, she will have been absolutely unable to pick up her item from the store unless she presents a copy of my email proving she is the purchaser.

Then, as if Thursday hadn't been difficult enough, I just received an 8-paragraph letter from her full-time nanny, detailing all the (justifiable) reasons why she was quitting, including but not limited to the fact that her children are "cold" and "very disrespectful."

The UK me is kind of a bitch, I gather.
I realize you posted this more than a month ago, but I have been musing. Have you ever considered responding to the emails that are intended for her? LOL I can imagine some of the calamity....
Old 02-23-2016, 09:35 PM   #1413
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I always respond--unless you mean responding AS her? That would be cruel, but I might do it if the same person emailed more than once.

God, can you imagine if I wrote back her divorce lawyer like, "never mind, I'm still in love with him, drop the proceedings?" Or, "it's cool, tell his lawyer I don't want any child support..."
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #1414
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
That would be naughty.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #1415
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Yesterday, Momdigr decided to cook pinto beans.

In the middle of her routine, we get both a phone call, and a personal visit informing us we will have no water for the next few hours, as the water dept is installing a new water main nearby. As Murphy dictates, the beans started to go dry, and needed a little water. No problem, there's probably some residual pressure in our pipes. Nope. Nothing. From any tap.

Then I saw the lightbulb turn on over Momdigr's head. She digs around for a minute, and, Viola!, produces a bottle of water, pours it in the beans, crisis averted.

A few minutes later there's a smell wafting through the house, that's not just beans. It's not an offensive smell, just different. Momdigr let's out an "Uh-oh."

She goes to the trash can and retrieves the bottle, which she shows to me and Popdigr.

Grape-flavored water.

You could taste that something wasn't quite right with the beans, but, if I hadn't known what it was, I wouldn't have been able to say what the taste was. The beans were totally edible, just different.

We had a good laugh and ate grape-flavored pinto beans for supper.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:18 PM   #1416
Clodfobble

Last time I was driving back from Houston during the Super Bowl. Now I'm driving back during the Oscars. I'm starting to think major network events are doing this on purpose.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:22 PM   #1417
monster
I hear them call the tide

I have been driving back from polo tourneys on both days. I am glad
Old 02-28-2016, 10:46 PM   #1418
Clodfobble

I'm a little irritated because the place I grabbed dinner was completely empty on Super Bowl night, but extra busy tonight. Apparently nobody gives a crap about the little gold statues...
Old 02-28-2016, 10:53 PM   #1419
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh come on, the two aren't remotely comparable.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:01 AM   #1420
Griff
still says videotape

You and I would think that but my bacefook feed is full of it... I have one dude on my feed who watches all this stuff, apparently so he can complain?
Old 02-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #1421
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Comparing the academy awards to the super bowl, for audience draw and ability to govern peoples movements on the day, is crazy talk.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #1422
glatt

Numbers are fun. I just looked them up, and Super bowls typically get 110 million US viewers or so. The Oscars get more like 35-40 million US viewers.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #1423
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Most people don't go to Oscar parties.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #1424
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I didn't watch either, but I have seen Leo's speech multiple times on my newsfeed.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:17 PM   #1425
monster
I hear them call the tide

How to sell a janitorial position:

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/lab/5484246087.html